Gilmour on Sportsound.

36 minutes ago, TopCat said:

That's the one fixture that carries any kind of interest outside Scotland, and even then it's very limited. The fact is more people will watch Romanian and polish football on telly each year than Scottish football, and that's why their rights are worth more.

I pay to subscribe to Sky and BT. I have no interest in watching Scottish football that doesn't involve St Mirren and couldn't tell you the last time I did. I use my Sky and BT subscription to watch the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Champions League and other sports. I would imagine most Scottish subscribes are the same.

I subscribe to the same TC but I'd sooner watch a game on BBC Alba than most of the over-rated keech in the EPL. That said I watch most of La Liga, some Bundesliga, Champions League and a hell of a lot of other sports.

I agree with most of your first sentence too but unfortunately there are loads of people who watch the OF fixture all over the world.

I've got Sky primarily for the NFL and golf coverage. I watch the English Premier League, don't watch any foreign football at all. I watch the EPL because I have an understanding of the history, honours, managers, fans and cities involved. I have no interest whatsoever in Den Haag or Werder Bremen, Nantes or Sampdoria.

In regard to Scottish football. If St Mirren aren't involved.... nope, cannot locate the flying fcuk I don't give. Must be around somewhere mind you.

Oops. Does thread drift earn you a stint in the Wank Tank?

Edited by pozbaird

Guest TPAFKATS

That's the one fixture that carries any kind of interest outside Scotland, and even then it's very limited. The fact is more people will watch Romanian and polish football on telly each year than Scottish football, and that's why their rights are worth more.

I pay to subscribe to Sky and BT. I have no interest in watching Scottish football that doesn't involve St Mirren and couldn't tell you the last time I did. I use my Sky and BT subscription to watch the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Champions League and other sports. I would imagine most Scottish subscribes are the same.

Although there may be more population in these countries, the standard of living and disposable incomes are much lower.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Although there may be more population in these countries, the standard of living and disposable incomes are much lower.

Don't know the average pay in Poland these days as our company replaced them with cheaper Romanian. Who work 12 hours  shifts doing 12 weeks on the vessels getting three weeks off. A steward earns European 1,000 a month. The Romanians tell me that is double what the Police are paid. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

19 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Gilmour also had a dig at GLS regarding his first bid, if GLS is going to the invest more cash and Gilmour also seem to doubt whether the current ownership model is best for Saint Mirren...!

Um, didn't he always say that The Consortium would only sell to people who they reckoned would be good for the club?

And Gilmour has assured supporters any potential buyer must have St Mirren's best interests at heart.

"We won't necessarily accept the highest offer. Before we sell to anyone, we will make sure the people buying a controlling interest have the good of St Mirren at heart and the resources and expertise to take the club forward," he said.

Something doesn't add up! :unsure:

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Unbelievable, is this the same guy who had his knickers round his ankles quicker than a hard up hooker while

Lawwell was putting his teams name all over our stadium, you couldn't give that man a brass neck with a blow torch...

Edited by scrappy coco

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So you don't mean what you say - might as well put you on ignore.

That's just plain silly Colin I take it you're on the vinous.  Here to help. Did I want Murray as manager  ( NO) When Murray was appointed manager I backed him. It's what's called supporting your team. (Hopes) (ambition) ( that it will turn out rigbt)  Seriously Colin that is the strongest thing I have ever seen you type. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Um, didn't he always say that The Consortium would only sell to people who they reckoned would be good for the club?

Something doesn't add up! :unsure:

noticed that myself Bud,, another bit of a contradiction,, as I said earlier don't think he will be in a hurry to go back on radio,, I felt embarrassed :blink: dono how he feels today

This whole episode sums the absolute nonsense that surrounds the OF and the media. All Gilmour said was that Peter Lawwell is employed to look after Celtic's interests and pointed out that this is still his main aim when he sits on SFA and SPFL boards/committees. No surprise, no shock, no criticism. The media presents this as a stinging criticism and the dafties get on their high horses about criticism of their club. No wonder I stopped buying papers years ago.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

It may be I missed something but haven't seen any public congratulations to the club from our old chairman! I'm sure someone will put me right if I am wrong but was just wondering if there are some sour grapes?

I wouldn't have thought he needed to make any sort of congratulatory statement. Surely his time in the public eye has now passed.

13 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

It may be I missed something but haven't seen any public congratulations to the club from our old chairman! I'm sure someone will put me right if I am wrong but was just wondering if there are some sour grapes?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't  comes to mind.  I'm sure he enjoyed the outcome, after all he is a fan.