Billy O'Brien

div

Hopefully not St Mirren, better keepers around

Bit harsh that, I thought the boy did ok for us, yes some mistakes, but he is a young boy that was thrown into a really pressurised situation from the off and I'm sure he'll be all the better for that 4 months he had with us!!

Guest TPAFKATS
I would take Billy back in a second.

There's not been one outstanding keeper in this league. Hibs keeper looked decent but not one other goalie stood out

Cammy Bell?
Don't think United would've made play offs without him. Not suggesting well sign him mind...

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Cammy Bell?
Don't think United would've made play offs without him. Not suggesting well sign him mind...

Billy (& his defence) has conceded 27 Goals since joining us which includes the 4 v Septic.

Cammy Bell (and his pals) at the other end of the table has conceded 33

ETA, United of course have played three more play off games (3 goals )not including tonight but we had one more scot cup game v `tic (4 goals)

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Guest TPAFKATS
Billy (& his defence) has conceded 27 Goals since joining us which includes the 4 v Septic.

ETA, United of course have played three more play off games (3 goals )not including tonight but we had one more scot cup game v `tic (4 goals)

I wasn't comparing the two.
I was giving my opinion that I consider Bell to be a good keeper probably prem standard.

I was giving my opinion that I consider Bell to be a good keeper probably prem standard.

Bell is a decent keeper but prone to the odd howler, didn't cover himself in glory for mallans goal in our 3-2 win, same for McKees goal in 1st play off leg. Not to forget his howler for rangers in the playoff

Bet he's also on a fair wedge

For the market we are in, we won't get a perfect keeper, for me, Billy is a good option

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

No problem , i just thought id throw the comparison in.

For a young keeper gelling with a new team its not too shabby. As ive said previously he is good but young and has his faults but i wouldnt be upset if he was first choice next season 

I think these stats are more down to the way we dominated games during this period than they are to do with the keeper's ability.

I think these stats are more down to the way we dominated games during this period than they are to do with the keeper's ability.

1 minute ago, andrew87 said:

Possibly correct but as i pointed out in previous post . Young keeper coming in to a new team with disruption to his defence shortly after his arrival, still compares favourably 

No problem , i just thought id throw the comparison in.
For a young keeper gelling with a new team its not too shabby. As ive said previously he is good but young and has his faults but i wouldnt be upset if he was first choice next season 

I agree Callum. He has his faults but will improve. Also, he speaks highly of Saints.

Was very positive at the player of the year dinner last week, said he would love to be back

Had heard a wee while back that all the loan players would be happy to stay, which would be good news [emoji846]

Dunno if Storie was included in that though...

I would take Billy back in a second.

There's not been one outstanding keeper in this league. Hibs keeper looked decent but not one other goalie stood out

I liked the Dumbarton keeper Alan Martin. He swept up at their player of the year awards and rightly so.

Would like to see us go for him and get Billy in as back up.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Quite right. There's, erm ... you know what, seeing as you brought it up, I'll let you do the list of available, better keepers within our budget. On you go ...

Joe Hart...................oh, damn budget point, feck it.

Within our budget, now we're rich from our recent windfall, surely all junior goalkeepers?

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I liked the Dumbarton keeper Alan Martin. He swept up at their player of the year awards and rightly so.

Would like to see us go for him and get Billy in as back up.

I like Martin too, although he could probably do with losing a bit of weight.

Overall, on the 2 games I seen him live and another few on the telly, he's ok.

Yeah he's young but I doubt that will matter if we get creamed in a few games next season.

Can he get better...............possibly.

I happen to believe a good keeper is worth quite a few points over the season, if we are to be in the mix for promotion I'm unsure he is, at this stage, this type we need.