Dundee v St Mirren 21st Jan Scottish Cup

Sonny

18 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Only downer for me is that I m currently aff the booze. Just settling down to watch the short highlights with glass of fizzy water in hand emoji19.png

Came On Ye Saints!

I'm not :P, I was torn between paying for Dundee TV, going to bed, or staying up and streaming Soccer Saturday whilst quaffing a few cold ones and a cheeky bottle of red and checking twitter and BAWA. Luckily for me I chose the latter..

With 20 minutes to go I found Divs' periscope feed and was hugely entertained by the " commentary ", pictures and palpable joy from our away support as they sang all the way til the end of the feed .

f**king magic, still buzzing :happyclapper

The good folks at stmirren.info say yesterday was just the fourth Saints win over higher league opposition in a cup competition. The other three were Fergie's Furies, Motherwell in 2006 and one in the 1930s against Ayr (I think).

Obviously your chances are limited if you're in the highest league but still pretty remarkable.

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

We've won 8 out of 9 cup games this year. Superb form.

On the flip side, we've won 2 out of 21 league games. Hopeless form.

Funny old game.

This was our one and only cup game this year. :P

Edited by Kendo

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

Thought the win at Easter road was pretty noteworthy.

Anyway, seen a few people saying McKenzie scored the second today. No idea why, as anyone who just seen the highlights on BBC1 will know, it was quite clearly Baird.

Chick Young initially reported MacKenzie as the scorer before changing his mind and suggesting Baird. He then told us there was some doubt in the press box as some thought MacKenzie while some thought it was Baird.

The Press Association rep must have thought MacKenzie as I've checked my Bet365 account this morning and found they've paid out on MacKenzie as an anytime scorer at 14/1. :lol:

15 hours ago, Stu said:

The good folks at stmirren.info say yesterday was just the fourth Saints win over higher league opposition in a cup competition. The other three were Fergie's Furies, Motherwell in 2006 and one in the 1930s against Ayr (I think).

Obviously your chances are limited if you're in the highest league but still pretty remarkable.

Did we not beat Aberdeen at Love St. in the Cup a year or two before we moved to the new ground?

22 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

I'm not :P, I was torn between paying for Dundee TV, going to bed, or staying up and streaming Soccer Saturday whilst quaffing a few cold ones and a cheeky bottle of red and checking twitter and BAWA. Luckily for me I chose the latter..

With 20 minutes to go I found Divs' periscope feed and was hugely entertained by the " commentary ", pictures and palpable joy from our away support as they sang all the way til the end of the feed .

f**king magic, still buzzing :happyclapper

Of course I'm saving the memory of this win - and will do the same with the wins to come over the next few weeks as the great revival continues.

This will enable a mega-session mid February - which will hopefully undo all the good work of the preceding six weeks detox :D

3 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Of course I'm saving the memory of this win - and will do the same with the wins to come over the next few weeks as the great revival continues.

This will enable a mega-session mid February - which will hopefully undo all the good work of the preceding six weeks detox :D

I'm predicting a worldwide Buddies party on 11th February as we scrape past East Fife and in to the next round.  I'd imagine quite a lot of us will almost be as intoxicated as Sir Rod was when he made the draw for us!

• 3 weeks later...