Dundee v St Mirren 21st Jan Scottish Cup

Sonny

Normally buzzing for SC4R weekend but can't get excited for this game. It's more important we don't pick up any injuries than anything else.

The Falkirk and Dumbarton games in the next fortnight are far more important than this one.

We should use this as an opportunity to blood the new signings. Start every single one of them (apart from Loy obviously) and give them a chance to gel.

Will go for 2-0 Dundee and quickly switch the focus back to league duty.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

North Stand

At a guess:

O.Brien 

Dimitriou , New Norwegian CB, McKenzie, Irvine

McAllister, Mallan, Storrie, McGuiness - Perm these as you wish.

Sutton, Loy (If allowed).

Subs: Langfied, Todd + Morgan+ Orsi + ?

O' Brien

Irvine, Baird, MacKenzie, Demetriou (if international clearance is through in time)

McAllister, Quinn, Magennis, Morgan

McLear, Sutton

Subs: Langfield, Webster, Storrie, Clarkson, Fjelde, Mallan, Orsi

Ineligible: Loy, Todd.

Sutto

7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's North Street (as in just across the road from Love Street).

Loy isn't allowed to play for us tomorrow and Todd is cup tied.

Thanks Dibbles - Noted and apolgies to NorthStreetBuddie.

Second guess:

Back Four _  Obrien, Dimitriou, Baird, McKenzie, Irvine

Mid Field   _  Morgan, Storrie, Quinn, Fjelde, McAlliister

Front: Sutton

Bench: Langfield, Orsi and ???

7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

O' Brien

Irvine, Baird, MacKenzie, Demetriou (if international clearance is through in time)

McAllister, Quinn, Magennis, Morgan

McLear, Sutton

Subs: Langfield, Webster, Storrie, Clarkson, Fjelde, Mallan, Orsi

Ineligible: Loy, Todd.

Sutto

Quinn, McAllister and Mallan are all injury doubts according to the pde.

This will be a great opportunity to try and bed in all the new players (that are eligible).

Of course it could all end in tears but at the moment I am really excited about all the new players - as others have said; I can't remember a transfer market as busy as this for us. (I'm pretty gobsmacked in a good way)

If everyone hits the ground running and we win this it will be a huge boost for the relegation battle but even a defeat will give the new players 90 mins to get used to the team.

Jack has made his statement and rolled the dice - lets get behind him and the team! 

In his short managerial career Jack has done alright in the cups, causing a few upsets, so let's hope he keeps that going with a narrow 1-0 win for the buds. Can't see it myself but we live in hope.
A win here and a money spinning trip to Parkhead in the next round would please the board and help fund more signings.

12 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

In his short managerial career Jack has done alright in the cups, causing a few upsets, so let's hope he keeps that going with a narrow 1-0 win for the buds. Can't see it myself but we live in hope.
A win here and a money spinning trip to Parkhead in the next round would please the board and help fund more signings.

Indeed, with Alloa earlier in the season he beat Ross C, ICT and Raith Rovers in the cup.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Dibbles - Noted and apolgies to NorthStreetBuddie.

Second guess:

Back Four _  Obrien, Dimitriou, Baird, McKenzie, Irvine

Mid Field   _  Morgan, Storrie, Quinn, Fjelde, McAlliister

Front: Sutton

Bench: Langfield, Orsi and ???

Apologies accepted St Ricky.

This is one of the more interesting days for team selection in view of the influx of players during the transfer window.

Should JR introduce the new players gradually or take this chance in the cup to be more adventurous and try out a basically new formation with a view to achieving the great escape?

Taking account of yours and other comments on the team selection, I would therefore go for the following:-

O'Brien

Irvine, McKenzie, Fjelde, Demetriou

McAllister(if fit), Magennis, Storrie, Morgan

Sutton, McLear

Subs: Langfield, Baird, Quinn, Clarkson, Mallan, Webster

This starting formation would allow as many new players as possible to settle in but also allow for subs with experience but perhaps on the way out during this transfer window.

If McAllister is not fit I would move Fjelde to midfield and bring in Baird in central defence.

I would start along them lines Northstbuddie , maybe even consider playing Baird in Central defence and putting Sutton on the bench , and trying to frustrate Dundee , its an opportunity for us to try the new players out and see what their made of , would also consider having Orsi on the bench instead of Carkston , as I think pace and fitness are going to be important ......looking forward to the game COYS

St Mirren: O'Brien, Fjelde, Baird, MacKenzie, Irvine, Storie, Mallan, Magennis, Morgan, McAllister, Sutton
Subs: Langfield, Webster, Clarkson, McLear, Whyte, MacPherson, O'Keefe

Quinn injured again!

Stellios' registration couldn't have arrived in time.

Good to see both Mallan and McAllister playing.

Get right f**king intae them!

Edited by FTOF

12 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

what will work in our favour is , we will have a pretty decent idea of how Dundee will be set up and where their goalscoring threat lies , don,t know if Dundee will be able to work out where our goalscoring threat will come from , hopefully it might help

To be fair, I can't work out where our goal scoring threat is going to come from:(

6 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Are we playing three at the back otherwise who is opposite Irvine. That subs bench is incredibly poor. I hope we don't have to use any of them.

Fjelde can play RB apparently

Edited by SBS

We will have to give it a few weeks before we know if the latest wheeling and dealing has strengthened or weakened our squad. Today will not be a good occasion to make too many judgments with left back's registration not completed in time for the game and Loy and Todd ineligible and up against SPL opposition away from home I expect a tough afternoon. Looks like Irvine will still be at left back and Fjelde in as a stand in right back.

Hopefully we hang on to McAllister and Mallan until the summer. I don't think we would do our survival chances much good accepting offers for them at this time of the year and their departures would take us up to 8 out the door in January and also leave us with the problem under-performing senior players all on the books while losing some of our better homegrown players.

I can't imagine it's weakened it. We are 7 points adrift at the bottom of the second tier. Can we really get any worse?

It will either stay the same or get better. The fact we have got rid of Lawrence ' no goals in 19 ' Shankland is a positive in itself.

Just now, TopCat said:

I can't imagine it's weakened it. We are 7 points adrift at the bottom of the second tier. Can we really get any worse?

It will either stay the same or get better. The fact we have got rid of Lawrence ' no goals in 19 ' Shankland is a positive in itself.

Naismith has gone - one of the better performers in the last few months. Past experience from the last few seasons suggests that when we ask "can we really get any worse?" the answer often goes against the rhetorical intention of the questioner!