Dundee v St Mirren 21st Jan Scottish Cup

Sonny

How did Pal Fjelde get on? I'm guessing from the clean sheet and the lack of anyone mentioning him he looked like a steady enough player?

Pretty well. Looks strong in the challenge and had decent positional awareness. Knew when to get forward but equally when to hold his position. Hopefully continues to perform.

It's no surprise that we played well when we actually defended as a team, and had some form of shape throughout the game.

3 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Pretty well. Looks strong in the challenge and had decent positional awareness. Knew when to get forward but equally when to hold his position. Hopefully continues to perform.

It's no surprise that we played well when we actually defended as a team, and had some form of shape throughout the game.

Good stuff. Hopefully he continues as he has started 

A fine result. Not often a team with that many debutants gels so quickly. Jack Ross deserves a pat on the back.

However, it'll count for nought if we can't turn the league form around. Let's hope it kick starts something....

Lastly, pleased for those fans that travel away all season without a hope. Really hope they enjoy their night!

Rarely got one over him during his playing days
_93720041_13127500.jpg
Bye-bye, Hartley bye-bye.............................:double

Hartley's walk past our end to the tunnel at FT and the GIRUY 'reception' he got from the saints fans was absolutely brilliant.
Nice touch by the Saints fans with Gowser appreciation too. Not sure he'd have got it if we had got beat though.

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Hartley's walk past our end to the tunnel at FT and the GIRUY 'reception' he got from the saints fans was absolutely brilliant.
Nice touch by the Saints fans with Gowser appreciation too. Not sure he'd have got it if we had got beat though.

Always had a lot of respect for Hartley as a player altho' it didn't stop me booing him. A pantomime villain who thrived on abuse. Him being the Dundee boss made today's result just that little bit sweeter. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

48 minutes ago, Sonny said:

8 of the starting 11 were under 22. Let's carry this on to the League and Dumbarton being beat was a great bonus :)

They have definitely been weakened this month losing Thomson and Todd, and their assistant manager. And then further weakened by signing Gallacher, Carswell and Nade!!

31 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Tonight buds whether you're at home or out for a refreshment, walk tall with a smile.

For today we have won and done so with distinction, with pride and with style.

We as buds know there will be defeats ahead, but if we can stick together and where we write or read criticism we do so in the belief that it is genuine rather than in spite.

With they words we will survive this season and build for the future a bigger unburstable bubble than before.

And this is all written before a drop of alcohol, slanje fellow buds.

Don't believe , (Hic!), you.

Take your St Mirren hat off and look at it coldly - a team adrift at the bottom of the league below and low on confidence, goes to the home of a decent top flight side and does them over. By any standard, a tremendous result for the struggling side. Add in the amount of new faces who really won't have learned their team-mates names yet never mind gelling as a team, and it becomes a really tremendous result. Now add in the fact that it could see a nice wee earner coming up for a club with new ownership and busted USH, and it becomes a really, really, really tremendous result. Now for the bad news... Trump's a cnut.

:D

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wary of false dawns but this one is hopefully different. Plenty of faces in that squad now who don't have the downtrodden aura of getting beaten week in week out. To make so many changes and to gel quite so quickly in a match that we had all written off is certainly uplifting.

Let's f**king do this Saints!

Exactly that. A lot of supporters have said all season that this team has enough quality to be much higher up this league. Problem is their confidence was shot and losing became a habit. Importing a few new players will do the trick. Well done Jack Ross. 

How did Irvine play at R/B since I had thought he was playing ok at L/B until the new year and felt the abuse he was getting on here was unfair ?

Played at left back and done well. Morgan actually covered for him, which stopped any Dundee overlaps. He got well forward without neglecting his defensive duties.

Played at left back and done well. Morgan actually covered for him, which stopped any Dundee overlaps. He got well forward without neglecting his defensive duties.

Ah cheers. I just assumed he would have been R/B. Never really looked at the team line up prior to k/o since he not been slaughters on here by the usual suspects.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Take your St Mirren hat off and look at it coldly - a team adrift at the bottom of the league below and low on confidence, goes to the home of a decent top flight side and does them over. By any standard, a tremendous result for the struggling side. Add in the amount of new faces who really won't have learned their team-mates names yet never mind gelling as a team, and it becomes a really tremendous result. Now add in the fact that it could see a nice wee earner coming up for a club with new ownership and busted USH, and it becomes a really, really, really tremendous result. Now for the bad news... Trump's a cnut.

:D

After Leeds won the final English first division title in the season before Sky invented football, Eric Cantona famously told their fans: "Why I Love You, I Don't Know Why, But I Love You."

That line immediately came to mind after I saw our result and poz has beautifully summed up why :)

Just home. Well , wasnt that good ?:thumbs2

Free tickets , great performance , fantastic result.... even Clarkson done well when he came on (but he should have buried that chance !)

Thought the young Keeper had a brilliant game. Coped with everything thrown at him and seemed to be communicating well with the defence.

Mallan had a great game but MOTM for me had to be Storie, hard as nails , calm & composed.B)

Early days i know and dont want to get too excited but if we can carry that sort of performance to the league.. who knows ?

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

After Leeds won the final English first division title in the season before Sky invented football, Eric Cantona famously told their fans: "Why I Love You, I Don't Know Why, But I Love You."

That line immediately came to mind after I saw our result and poz has beautifully summed up why :)

I don't love them though. The minute you start loving St Mirren is the moment your haw-maws get booted again. :P