Juniors

Tommy

56 minutes ago, HSS said:

Kilwinning 2 Renfrew 1.

Renfrew very unlucky , according to a couple of guys who were there , unfortunately no easy games for them this season. They'll need to be consistent at home on the plastic to have any chance !

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Renfrew need to pick themselves up for the cup game with the Burgh this Wednesday.

Could be a long hard season if they don't get a league win soon.

3 league games played, 2 at home, only 1 point. :(

Yes , not looking good. Unfortunately they've not been able to  bring in the standard of player required for the step-up . It's one of those situations where everyone in Renfrew wanted them to do well and get promotion last season , knowing full well that the step-up would be too big an ask ! We live in hope !

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Yes , not looking good. Unfortunately they've not been able to  bring in the standard of player required for the step-up . It's one of those situations where everyone in Renfrew wanted them to do well and get promotion last season , knowing full well that the step-up would be too big an ask ! We live in hope !

Just spoke to mate that's part of the training team, they've signed 5 players, the guy they had on loan from Beith last year being the major signing.

Another decent player can only make alternate Saturdays, you and I know that's no real use.

They had chances to win against Kilwinning, missed a "one on one" at 1-1 and were well in yesterdays game till 2 late careless goals seen it slip away.

He's still reasonably confident but points mean prizes, and another wee win against the Burgh on Wednesday will lift them up a bit. 

As you say, there's always hope. 

I have a patronisingly soft spot for The Burgh. My first away game to see Arthurlie was at Keanie Park over 45 years ago. Must have been a Cup tie as the crowd was jammed in. Great experience.

So for the match against Renfrew ......

COME ON THE BURGH !!!  :byebye

One time Saints "wonderkid".

Should have done a lot more in the Game.

Hope he is saving his best for The Lie.

20621059_1628858180471827_50607840318753

CRAIG MOLLOY ARRIVES AT DUNTERLIE

Arthurlie are pleased to confirm the signing of midfielder Craig Molloy from Cambuslang Sevco

Welcome to Dunterlie, Craig!

Edited by shull

10 hours ago, Buffs said:

Renfrew 0 Burgh 4

BOOM!!!!

Johnstone is my home town and I went to see the Burgh for a few years in the late 80s before following the Saints.

Great to see them bouncing back after a few dodgy seasons and off field problems.

Don't get a chance to get over there to visit the folks now as much as I would like but I will definitely link it with a visit  back to Keanie Park.

4 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Johnstone is my home town and I went to see the Burgh for a few years in the late 80s before following the Saints.

Great to see them bouncing back after a few dodgy seasons and off field problems.

Don't get a chance to get over there to visit the folks now as much as I would like but I will definitely link it with a visit  back to Keanie Park.

Good to see the Burgh improve this season. My father took me to the two games in the Scottish Cup final in 1968 and I have always had a soft spot for them since.

Lived in Houston and were my junior team too. Played for them in the 90s for a couple of seasons and still got a soft spot for them. Hopefully on the up.

9 hours ago, Buffs said:

Lived in Houston and were my junior team too. Played for them in the 90s for a couple of seasons and still got a soft spot for them. Hopefully on the up.

Let's hope they can repeat the Renfrew performance in the next round................

5b75e80eb8f1a_Twitter20-08.thumb.jpg.015c12da1c1c2184ca4612ecfdcbe6a0.jpg