Juniors

Tommy

13 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

A lot of the Juniors in the premier league get bigger attendances than most league 1 teams. Its exciting being a big fish in a small pond fighting for the title every year and playing in the junior cup every year.

I worry that the novelty of the pyramid will wear off after a few years and the big junior clubs will just blend into the mediocrity of the Scottish lower leagues. As a Largs Thistle fan, I don't look at clubs like Montrose and Stenhousemuir and think "Oh I wish we could be like them".

I've followed Largs Thistle through the years and we are a club similar to St Mirren in the juniors. Kind of a yo-yo team between the premier league and first division with a very decent chance of a cup run every now and again. We obviously have zero chance to getting to the senior Scottish cup final or semis so we wave goodbye to any real cup runs.

Yep its a good point I hadn't thought about it from that point of view. 

I get the impression that most junior teams feel bounced into it as nobody in the end really had any option.

Be interesting to see how it pans out over time.

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

I've followed Largs Thistle through the years and we are a club similar to St Mirren in the juniors. Kind of a yo-yo team between the premier league and first division with a very decent chance of a cup run every now and again. We obviously have zero chance to getting to the senior Scottish cup final or semis so we wave goodbye to any real cup runs.

The Junior Scottish Cup will continue as the majority of clubs are keeping their membership with the SJFA.

This will take some time to have any real effect, but if given time, some of the Ayrshire Jnr teams make it the "the big leagues" then we may just see a shift in the demographic of the leagues.

Beith Jnrs, Kilwinning Rangers, Auchenleck Talbot, KIlbirnie Ladeside, Glenafton and Hurlford are teams that would compete easily in the lower leagues and in time could well progress to Championship level.

Imagine Renfrew Jnrs made it?  Would be a new derby that would leave our impoverished Inverclyde neighbours with nothing to exist for!

Mon eh Juniors, Mon eh Juniors indeed.

5 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Junior football should be free to get in as the standard is an absolute disgrace. To get lower than the Scottish professional leagues takes some doing but the juniors have achieved it.

Probably should take yourself off a St Mirren forum and join an Old Firm one, that's your level

4 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Great comeback u utter pie, because I think junior football is an utter joke like u I should join old firm forum, u complete moron!

thats you added to the ignore list

probably the same age as the number of likes you have !

Edited by lenziebud

35 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

So u say, clowns like u thrive on posters like me with my own mind. U can’t stand it when people disagree with ur shitebag opinion...

hadn't quite got to the ignore bit.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me its not an issue as you will see if you have a look at a few posts back with other posters.

What I can't stand is people coming on with "u utter pie", "u complete moron", "clowns", "ur shitebag opinion".

It demonstrates everything about you.

Also just for your education the word in english is you and your, not u and ur. Once your teacher has got passed Primary one you should know that, here's hoping 

So hopefully you will leave the Juniors thread now that you have said you enlightened piece.

Edited by lenziebud

3 hours ago, lenziebud said:

hadn't quite got to the ignore bit.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me its not an issue as you will see if you have a look at a few posts back with other posters.

What I can't stand is people coming on with "u utter pie", "u complete moron", "clowns", "ur shitebag opinion".

It demonstrates everything about you.

Also just for your education the word in english is you and your, not u and ur. Once your teacher has got passed Primary one you should know that, here's hoping 

So hopefully you will leave the Juniors thread now that you have said you enlightened piece.

Though I was in ignore list u utter clown 🤡!

13 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Not got a clue they just mentioned the winners of the leagues

Most of the teams are jumping ship anyway

Aye, seen a bit of this new league thing.

Too complicated to try to explain to my Dad, I'll stall him for now. :lol:

I did send him the league winners information the other day. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, antrin said:

Are the rumours cos the punters have been locked out since cv19 hit?

Or something more sinister?

They allegedly want to move to the old Spillers site at Glasgow Rd.
They’d need to change their name to Arthurlie Rovers.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

I heard it was Cowan Park they are looking to relocate

No doubt looking how successful Renfrew move has been

If only the Burgh done the same

Does Geordie Walker own Keanie Park?

• 9 months later...

BUILDBASE
Premier Division
Auchinleck 2-1 Largs Th
Blantyre Vics 1-3 Beith
Glenafton Ath 1-3 Clydebank
Hurlford Utd 0-0 Pollok
Kilbirnie 1-6 Rossvale
Kilwinning 1-0 Darvel
Kirkintilloch 1-0 Cumnock
Troon 0-1 Cumbernauld Utd

Conference A
Bellshill Ath 1-0 Irvine Vics
Craigmark 3-0 Shotts BA
Lesmahagow 3-1 Saltcoats
Lugar Boswell 3-10(Ten) Arthurlie(3 x hat-tricks)
Maryhill 1-3 Muirkirk
Whitletts 4-6 Girvan

Conference B
Carluke Rov L-L Ardeer Th
Gartcairn 7-1 Dalry Th
Kello Rov 2-3 Ashfield
Port Glasgow 5-1 Glasgow Utd
Royal Albert L-L Greenock
Thorniewood Utd 0-5 Cambuslang

Conference C
Glasgow Perthshire 2-1 Ardrosan Winton
Kilsyth Rangers 1-2 Neilston