Stevie Mallon

munoz

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

Morgan doesn't do it for me at the moment , maybe he's been overplayed this season , but with the squad filling up he's due a spell on the sidelines . Mallan was poor yesterday , so much so that one of the fannies behind me shouted "f**k off to Barnsley Mallan " when he was in earshot ! Sadly , it seems that if he did leave , we wouldn't miss him that much !

I have been watching St Mirren tv over the past 3 months Billy. Some comments are crystal clear and cringing so much so the presenter often apologies. These voices you hear are from adults not young boys. You only need to read the match day thread to see what some are like on a keyboard. I get criticism it's not criticism it's down right abuse from adults who do not know how to control themselves. Sad thing is they will never know or understand how it effects players. Anyone suffering such abuse in the work place would soon do something about it. Sorry for the long rant this subject makes rather annoyed. 

22 minutes ago, billyg said:

Morgan doesn't do it for me at the moment , maybe he's been overplayed this season , but with the squad filling up he's due a spell on the sidelines . Mallan was poor yesterday , so much so that one of the fannies behind me shouted "f**k off to Barnsley Mallan " when he was in earshot ! Sadly , it seems that if he did leave , we wouldn't miss him that much !

I cant stand these tossers & unfortunately we seem to have too many of them in our midst . :angry:

No one ever became better by telling them their shite.  yeah Stevie Mallon is struggling just now.  But we need to remember

1 - he's only20,

2 St Mirren as a team aren't particularly good just now

3 he's having to carry the teayeatm.

4 we will only realise how good he is once he's gone.

As a plus note, at least Donald Trump hasn't started WW3 yet 

Oh, as far as I know, no one ever became better at anything by telling them how bad they are at it.

Edited by charlie
new thought

As others have mentioned It would be worth a go playing Mallan alongside McGinn.

Last year when Quinn first arrived, and played alongside Mallan, he produced his best form of the season.

A confident Mallan would add a much needed goal threat too.

21 minutes ago, charlie said:

No one ever became better by telling them their shite.  yeah Stevie Mallon is struggling just now.  But we need to remember

ANY ATM would be helluva heavy, not just the Tube Investments one.

Otherwise, I agree with all that you posted.  :)

36 minutes ago, charlie said:

1 - he's only20,

2 St Mirren as a team aren't particularly good just now

4 we will only realise how good he is once he's gone.

As a plus note, at least Donald Trump hasn't started WW3 yet 

Oh, as far as I know, no one ever became better at anything by telling them how bad they are at it.

While I agree with all of this, he's also carrying a few pounds too many and the belief that he's too good for St Mirren. I remember reading that that Beckham spent hours of training alone on his dead ball technique. Stevie needs to start working on that more, his delivery and dead balls are going back wards. When I was that age, I went on out and chipped a football into a basketball hoop for about an hour every day. That made me good enough to play amateur football. Kids these days and all that.:lol:

Edited by insaintee

Wldnt u be frustrated if your kid didn't get the promotion in there work or missed out on an opportunity to do better in life,your right to mention it's upsetting,as for the PDE comment,no he didn't speak to Barnsley or sit with bags packed,because nothing was finalised,yes there was an agreement but that changed at the last minute to stop it,nothing to do with Barnsley going cold,or stephen personal terms,didn't even get that far,that's bullshit,so there's the truth,

i do read what the fans say about my kid and yes it's hard to take at times but that's the life my whole family choose,from my grandfather who played here to now also my grandson,it's true your only as good as your last game,fans can say what they like but when it's a member of ur family that's being abused or slaughtered,regardless the industry it's still hard to take.

contrary to what people think,stephen will come good again,the prospect of playing with better educated members of his team will breed through the team as was showing against Dundee,I do believe we won't go down I do believe with the player new in will gel,I also think the weeman will learn a lot of Stephen McGinn, wether as some say heart or dig or whatever,one thing for sure is he's still learning.

oh and for the people that don't rate the weeman that's fine cos he has been shite more times this season than last but when he's good he's good that side of him you never see but that's your choice.

believe me no one gets on his case more than me,yeah I have the same thoughts long passes to many times,floated corners,shit one twos,I do eat and sleep football believe me.

i know I'm setting myself up for a fall but I tired of some of the shit people write about him,just (yeah) but it's still a team EVERYONE has a part to play,that's why it's a team. 

14 minutes ago, Steve said:

Wldnt u be frustrated if your kid didn't get the promotion in there work or missed out on an opportunity to do better in life,your right to mention it's upsetting,as for the PDE comment,no he didn't speak to Barnsley or sit with bags packed,because nothing was finalised,yes there was an agreement but that changed at the last minute to stop it,nothing to do with Barnsley going cold,or stephen personal terms,didn't even get that far,that's bullshit,so there's the truth,

i do read what the fans say about my kid and yes it's hard to take at times but that's the life my whole family choose,from my grandfather who played here to now also my grandson,it's true your only as good as your last game,fans can say what they like but when it's a member of ur family that's being abused or slaughtered,regardless the industry it's still hard to take.

contrary to what people think,stephen will come good again,the prospect of playing with better educated members of his team will breed through the team as was showing against Dundee,I do believe we won't go down I do believe with the player new in will gel,I also think the weeman will learn a lot of Stephen McGinn, wether as some say heart or dig or whatever,one thing for sure is he's still learning.

oh and for the people that don't rate the weeman that's fine cos he has been shite more times this season than last but when he's good he's good that side of him you never see but that's your choice.

believe me no one gets on his case more than me,yeah I have the same thoughts long passes to many times,floated corners,shit one twos,I do eat and sleep football believe me.

i know I'm setting myself up for a fall but I tired of some of the shit people write about him,just (yeah) but it's still a team EVERYONE has a part to play,that's why it's a team. 

Sorry but this is all excuses. Stevie Mallan has underperformed for a long time now and much of the fans criticism is valid. Yes he has potential and nobody debates that but when your team is bottom of the Championship and facing relegation to the lowest level in their history many are not going to accept the performances that he has shown this season and last. This is highlighted by the quality and attitude shown by Stephen McGinn who was also showing the same quality and attitude at the same age as Stevie Mallan. McGinn was doing it in the SPL also.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Bloody grumpier than me. 

Sin Bin for you. 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Can only guess at how frustrating this all feels at times for those related to guys in the team, it is easy to call people out that actually try to change things, unfortunately in our squad we dont seem to have many with Stevie's attitude and perseverance.

every player makes mistakes, what makes players better is the team around them stepping up to the plate and sharing the workload and effort. Losing McCallister and Naismith means we are two tryers down too, no coincidence its the young team who haven't chucked it in and accepted relegation as inevitable, but the ones hiding are sticking out like sore thumbs, and the manager needs to act on that.

if the whole team scrap like Stevie and the other younger players we will get out of this.

Said it Friday, we need heroes. Stevie was our last one against QOS .............. in 3-2 win

Talented boy and I have a lot in the queue to blame where we are before a good prospect who would flourish in a decent team, not a team full of " new" mercenaries....

Ayr showed what metal they had, we showed that we just cant scrap.......

Stevie will get his chance in the summer

52 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Sorry but this is all excuses. Stevie Mallan has underperformed for a long time now and much of the fans criticism is valid. Yes he has potential and nobody debates that but when your team is bottom of the Championship and facing relegation to the lowest level in their history many are not going to accept the performances that he has shown this season and last. This is highlighted by the quality and attitude shown by Stephen McGinn who was also showing the same quality and attitude at the same age as Stevie Mallan. McGinn was doing it in the SPL also.

No excuses mate I know the difference,last season is debatable this season granted.

comparing him to other players that had experienced,stronger and better quality around them,guiding them through there games is different to the present day team,since he came in he's had overall 11 managers and coaches collectively,played with how many in the middle of the park,chopped and changed formations on a weekly basis,that I might add doesn't  mean he can't show his desire or willingness to win believe me he does,maybe not in the way you wld like to see but he does,you think he doesn't hurt,17yrs here and you think it doesn't get to him, I hope that Stephen McGinn coming in does help him wether he's watching from the side or having the opportunity to play alongside him,that's if the manager sees him fit to play or not,but overall no excuses.

Fair play for coming on here as the parent of a player. Not sure I could do it and hold it together if it was my wean.

Stevie hasn't had the best season, and has been a bit inconsistent, but he is undoubtedly a huge talent. Scrapping in a side in our position must be confidence sapping at times. Like all young lads, though (and I'm not just talking fitba here), his decision making isn't always spot-on, but that will improve with appropriate mentoring.

A lot of pressure and expectation has been heaped on Stevie, and perhaps the additional options in midfield will ease that a bit.

I hope he isn't too disheartened by the Barnsley situation. That wouldn't be good for him, or for the club. We need players who are 100% committed just now, and willing to scrap for everything. If he steps up, he'll undoubtedly get his move to bigger things. One will follow the other,though, so hopefully he'll get the head down and get back to doing what he does best.

9 minutes ago, Steve said:

No excuses mate I know the difference,last season is debatable this season granted.

comparing him to other players that had experienced,stronger and better quality around them,guiding them through there games is different to the present day team,since he came in he's had overall 11 managers and coaches collectively,played with how many in the middle of the park,chopped and changed formations on a weekly basis,that I might add doesn't  mean he can't show his desire or willingness to win believe me he does,maybe not in the way you wld like to see but he does,you think he doesn't hurt,17yrs here and you think it doesn't get to him, I hope that Stephen McGinn coming in does help him wether he's watching from the side or having the opportunity to play alongside him,that's if the manager sees him fit to play or not,but overall no excuses.

He's a promising young lad in a shite team. His goals went a long way to keeping us up last season, so I guess he's just created the raised expectations for himself. It's clear he needs a platform behind him to work from, and we've not given him that. Nothing wrong with that: Frank Lampard needed one, too.

Don't take the criticism to heart, though - it's a pretty stressful situation for anyone who loves SMFC and patience is wearing thin.

Of course, a few more top-corner pearlers between now and the end of the season, keeping us up and earning Stevie a big move, wouldn't go amiss :P

Well said Steve - It must be hard to let some of the drivell on here wash over you but you need to remember that the same vocal minority slagged off Kenny McLean and John McGinn - it was probably the same mob that moaned about Billy Stark too ( or maybe their faithers) but those boys went on to do okay.

KTF with the buds and KTF with wee Stevie

To quote the old Fitzy comment. Hard work only beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. We have a lot of talented players who haven't worked hard enough on both sides of the game and I'm sure you would agree Stevie isn't immune from that either. 

On a personal level, if he produces the same performance he did at Dundee for the rest of the season, his move will come as your lad clearly has talent but unfortunately as a club we are still staring at League 1 football, hence the tone of the forum. 

Therefore I wouldn't pay too much attention to what anyone writes about your lad right now.

I hope Stevie gets his chance and becomes the next Paul Lambert, in the meantime tell him to get his head down, train hard and do everything he can to keep us up!

A guy like Kenny McLean was allowed to develop in decent St Mirren teams, with experienced pros who led by example and were good players. He was put in for a few games, then left out as required and only latterly became the main man that we relied upon.

Ever since Stevie Mallan and Jack Baird were thrown in at the deep end for a shambolic 3-0 defeat at Hamilton, they have been playing in very poor teams. I think a lot of the criticism Stevie Mallan gets is because he's been regarded as one of the team's 'main men' from such an early age, and it's him that we look to provide a bit of magic during our frequent struggles. He hasn't been given the time to drop out of the team, learn a bit more in the u20s and come back stronger.

The only way out of it is to get his head down, keep it simple and work as hard as possible. If a English Championship club is showing an interest in him, then he obviously has the ability to be far better than the level he's currently playing at.     

I can't say I'm surprised to see Stephen Mallan getting dogs abuse from sections of our support.

Kenny McLean got it continually right up until his last season when he flourished playing in a more advanced role, and John McGinn got it during his last season too. Wasn't even trying according to some!

Our support can be absolutely incredible at times, in a good way, but it can also be unbelievably destructive at times too.

The truth is that young players make mistakes. That's part and parcel of the learning curve in the game. It's also fair to say that young players thrive on confidence but that confidence is very fragile. It's up to ALL of us to cajole and encourage the team as much as we can, both at the games and outside of matchday.

If you are a young player then you're going to be on social media, you're going to read forums.

It can't be particularly encouraging to read some of the pish that gets posted at times.