Stevie Mallon

munoz

1 minute ago, div said:

I can't say I'm surprised to see Stephen Mallan getting dogs abuse from sections of our support.

Kenny McLean got it continually right up until his last season when he flourished playing in a more advanced role, and John McGinn got it during his last season too. Wasn't even trying according to some!

Our support can be absolutely incredible at times, in a good way, but it can also be unbelievably destructive at times too.

The truth is that young players make mistakes. That's part and parcel of the learning curve in the game. It's also fair to say that young players thrive on confidence but that confidence is very fragile. It's up to ALL of us to cajole and encourage the team as much as we can, both at the games and outside of matchday.

If you are a young player then you're going to be on social media, you're going to read forums.

It can't be particularly encouraging to read some of the pish that gets posted at times.

FFS 

Put yir tongue away 

The thing that seems to be overlooked by Young Steve's detractors is that he was asked to play a role that doesn't suit him and, when he had the ball, there seemed to be no one looking for the ball. That is one reason he was left with little options. His form has reflected the team as a whole. This tends to be the case with most players. The ones who buck that trend tend to be captain material. I firmly believe we will see him improve with McGinn helping him but he will still need people willing to  run into space to allow him to make the mercurial passes we know him capable of.

Show them all Stevie. I for one think you'll come good. Let's hope it happens before you have another relegation on your CV.

5 hours ago, Steve said:

No excuses mate I know the difference,last season is debatable this season granted.

comparing him to other players that had experienced,stronger and better quality around them,guiding them through there games is different to the present day team,since he came in he's had overall 11 managers and coaches collectively,played with how many in the middle of the park,chopped and changed formations on a weekly basis,that I might add doesn't  mean he can't show his desire or willingness to win believe me he does,maybe not in the way you wld like to see but he does,you think he doesn't hurt,17yrs here and you think it doesn't get to him, I hope that Stephen McGinn coming in does help him wether he's watching from the side or having the opportunity to play alongside him,that's if the manager sees him fit to play or not,but overall no excuses.

The buck stops with Stevie Mallan as to why he hasn't done it in the Scottish Championship. Nobody else. Blaming fans is a nonsense. He has talent no doubt but for me he has went backwards. Maybe that is the situation at the club etc but I doubt it, I think the buck stops at Stevies door. At the moment he wouldn't get near the Barnsley first eleven. I seen piles of English football at Championship level, 75 of the 92 teams and some 2 and 3 times over and he's way short at the moment. The potential is there but for me if he went to Barnsley he would be there a couple of seasons and no more. We have a guy who has been released by Wycombe in English League 2 who is head and shoulders above him at the moment. What McGinn is doing is what Steve Mallan should have been doing all season. 

Do we really think if it was just an issue whith what position he was playing that JR wouldn't accomodate it given where we are?

Not meaning to have a go btw just saying it as I see it.

9 hours ago, Steve said:

Wldnt u be frustrated if your kid didn't get the promotion in there work or missed out on an opportunity to do better in life,your right to mention it's upsetting,as for the PDE comment,no he didn't speak to Barnsley or sit with bags packed,because nothing was finalised,yes there was an agreement but that changed at the last minute to stop it,nothing to do with Barnsley going cold,or stephen personal terms,didn't even get that far,that's bullshit,so there's the truth,

i do read what the fans say about my kid and yes it's hard to take at times but that's the life my whole family choose,from my grandfather who played here to now also my grandson,it's true your only as good as your last game,fans can say what they like but when it's a member of ur family that's being abused or slaughtered,regardless the industry it's still hard to take.

contrary to what people think,stephen will come good again,the prospect of playing with better educated members of his team will breed through the team as was showing against Dundee,I do believe we won't go down I do believe with the player new in will gel,I also think the weeman will learn a lot of Stephen McGinn, wether as some say heart or dig or whatever,one thing for sure is he's still learning.

oh and for the people that don't rate the weeman that's fine cos he has been shite more times this season than last but when he's good he's good that side of him you never see but that's your choice.

believe me no one gets on his case more than me,yeah I have the same thoughts long passes to many times,floated corners,shit one twos,I do eat and sleep football believe me.

i know I'm setting myself up for a fall but I tired of some of the shit people write about him,just (yeah) but it's still a team EVERYONE has a part to play,that's why it's a team. 

Brilliant post Steve. Everyone who has a career knows if their having a hard time of it, sadly some people who, like the rest of us, have had bad spells at work or in their home lives and know they are not performing well, suddenly forget that and post their thoughts about someone else having a hard time, but not to help out that person just to criticise. Keep Stephen's head up, as i'm sure you will, and let's see him silence some boo boys (guilty of this myself at times,but only as a comment to a mate, not usually in public)

I will rethink my outlook on players who are not performing well as a result of your fine post. Thanks.

Steve your boy is a terrific footballer with a great future.Who will ever forget that goal at Dens Park.Me and my family here in Livingston like the majority of Buds appreciate his talents.Just tell him we all support him keep doing his best for our beloved Football Club and more importantly help us to stay up.His move to greater things will come in time I am absolutely certain of that.

3 hours ago, lenziebud said:

The buck stops with Stevie Mallan as to why he hasn't done it in the Scottish Championship. Nobody else. Blaming fans is a nonsense. He has talent no doubt but for me he has went backwards. Maybe that is the situation at the club etc but I doubt it, I think the buck stops at Stevies door. At the moment he wouldn't get near the Barnsley first eleven. I seen piles of English football at Championship level, 75 of the 92 teams and some 2 and 3 times over and he's way short at the moment. The potential is there but for me if he went to Barnsley he would be there a couple of seasons and no more. We have a guy who has been released by Wycombe in English League 2 who is head and shoulders above him at the moment. What McGinn is doing is what Steve Mallan should have been doing all season. 

Do we really think if it was just an issue whith what position he was playing that JR wouldn't accomodate it given where we are?

Not meaning to have a go btw just saying it as I see it.

I agree where the blame lies and I'm not blaming fans for his performances,I know more than anyone how much he's deteriorating and it's killing me,he knows his responsibility and is working hard to regain some kinda form to get us out of this situation,as for going down south,he knows he was going into a development squad to try get to the level to perform in the championship,Barnsley where willing to take the chance and so was Stephen,where not delusional he knows how big a leap it is to come close to that level,given the chance for a possible promotion at work with the assistance to get there would you say nah  most folk don't think I could achieve it,I think you would still want to try it.

as for comparing Stephen to Stephen mcginn there in 2 different leagues and have been for a number of years,it's the same as comparing him to John and Kenny,who played with a lot more strength and talent than what the weeman has had,but I do agree he should be doing more,that I won't hide from, yes he should be more creative,yes he should be more direct as well as his final ball,if he gets the chance to play along side Stephen mcginn as I've said I think you will see a different player, I'm a football guy,I always hated losing when I played and now watching my son lose,it churns my stomach when we do to,anyone who sits beside me will tell you my passion for this club.

i don't mean to go on about Stephen I apologise,everyone has their opinion on football that's why you can debate till the cows come home,it was just to answer a couple of queries to begin with that's all,then I got carried away a bit,but overall I agree where the buck lies.

hopefully a couple of good performances in the weeks leading up to the Ayr game, blend In the new blood and with fresh faces competing for places is healthy and help get the fingers out,yes my boy and one or two others that are maybe not performing to there ability.thanks for giving me the time to say a few word now I'll crawl back into my hole never to return.thanks

Wldnt u be frustrated if your kid didn't get the promotion in there work or missed out on an opportunity to do better in life,your right to mention it's upsetting,as for the PDE comment,no he didn't speak to Barnsley or sit with bags packed,because nothing was finalised,yes there was an agreement but that changed at the last minute to stop it,nothing to do with Barnsley going cold,or stephen personal terms,didn't even get that far,that's bullshit,so there's the truth,
i do read what the fans say about my kid and yes it's hard to take at times but that's the life my whole family choose,from my grandfather who played here to now also my grandson,it's true your only as good as your last game,fans can say what they like but when it's a member of ur family that's being abused or slaughtered,regardless the industry it's still hard to take.
contrary to what people think,stephen will come good again,the prospect of playing with better educated members of his team will breed through the team as was showing against Dundee,I do believe we won't go down I do believe with the player new in will gel,I also think the weeman will learn a lot of Stephen McGinn, wether as some say heart or dig or whatever,one thing for sure is he's still learning.
oh and for the people that don't rate the weeman that's fine cos he has been shite more times this season than last but when he's good he's good that side of him you never see but that's your choice.
believe me no one gets on his case more than me,yeah I have the same thoughts long passes to many times,floated corners,shit one twos,I do eat and sleep football believe me.
i know I'm setting myself up for a fall but I tired of some of the shit people write about him,just (yeah) but it's still a team EVERYONE has a part to play,that's why it's a team. 

Well said sir and although I know Stevie is not playing to his full potential, i for one DO believe he is still an incredible talent who will come good.

I actually see a lot of similarities with Paul Lambert when Saints dropped to the first division.

I thought with his ability he would shine... But he really struggled.

It took playing against better players to raise his game... maybe your lad is suffering in a similar way. I think Raes tactics in persisting with a 442 set Stevie back half a season!

11 minutes ago, Steve said:

I agree where the blame lies and I'm not blaming fans for his performances,I know more than anyone how much he's deteriorating and it's killing me,he knows his responsibility and is working hard to regain some kinda form to get us out of this situation,as for going down south,he knows he was going into a development squad to try get to the level to perform in the championship,Barnsley where willing to take the chance and so was Stephen,where not delusional he knows how big a leap it is to come close to that level,given the chance for a possible promotion at work with the assistance to get there would you say nah  most folk don't think I could achieve it,I think you would still want to try it.

as for comparing Stephen to Stephen mcginn there in 2 different leagues and have been for a number of years,it's the same as comparing him to John and Kenny,who played with a lot more strength and talent than what the weeman has had,but I do agree he should be doing more,that I won't hide from, yes he should be more creative,yes he should be more direct as well as his final ball,if he gets the chance to play along side Stephen mcginn as I've said I think you will see a different player, I'm a football guy,I always hated losing when I played and now watching my son lose,it churns my stomach when we do to,anyone who sits beside me will tell you my passion for this club.

i don't mean to go on about Stephen I apologise,everyone has their opinion on football that's why you can debate till the cows come home,it was just to answer a couple of queries to begin with that's all,then I got carried away a bit,but overall I agree where the buck lies.

hopefully a couple of good performances in the weeks leading up to the Ayr game, blend In the new blood and with fresh faces competing for places is healthy and help get the fingers out,yes my boy and one or two others that are maybe not performing to there ability.thanks for giving me the time to say a few word now I'll crawl back into my hole never to return.thanks

Must be tough watching your kid play for us just now nothing we do seems to be working, actually its been the young players that have been carrying the team all season, its the seasoned pro`s that letting the team down, I don't know you Stevie, but ive spoke to a few guys that do and played with you, they say your the kinda player we could be doing with right now, YOU STILL GOT YER BOOTS  

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Honest and frank as always Stevie.As i said to you on Sunday i had my first taste of the St Mirren fans hate machine directed at a family member.Its not nice and very hard to take.People fail to realise that they are only kids and it does affect their confidence and can send them into a shell.They then dont demand the ball as they are afraid of losing it and getting further abuse.My message to Saints fans would be to encourage the kids and let them flourish.We will only get out this mess by sticking together.

My message to young Stephen is to get the head down and work hard till the end of the season and you will earn your promotion.

My message to Stevie Senior is dont let the minority get you down.Hopefully the wee man will be a hero in the coming weeks and months.We need your experience and enthusiasm with the development squad and dont think your hard work has gone unnoticed..See you Saturday Stevie.

The reason I moved from the north bank to our new main stand was to get away from foul mouths shouting abuse at players. This the one thing that could keep me away from football. We are there to support the team the day the twats become the main noise is the day I chuck football. I'm not there to listen to headless chickens shouting abuse at young boys. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The reason I moved from the north bank to our new main stand was to get away from foul mouths shouting abuse at players. This the one thing that could keep me away from football. We are there to support the team the day the twats become the main noise is the day I chuck football. I'm not there to listen to headless chickens shouting abuse at young boys. 

Is there not a minority of halfwits in the main stand also ? 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The main stand................ wasn't that the stand Jack Ross went into to have a word with someone who was giving him and the team abuse? 

It's wrong to generalise that the West stand is this or that. Where I sit I don't hear abuse being hurled at the players but I do hear lots of vocal backing from the people around me. 

One other thing, I completely and utterly detest fans abusing the players. However we are at the worst position in the league that many can ever remember. Despite this attendances are up this season. So to say the fans are to blame for the position we are in is wrong. It's the players who have put us in this position. That's why Jack Ross has gutted the place. 

While I don't condone anyone abusing the players they got us into this mess.

There are a few throbbers in each of the stands. Why they think it is a good idea to abuse players for every misplaced pass or slip is beyond me. That applies to all players, but particularly the young lads.

A guy who sits close to where I've been of late (Main Stand) has a particular beef with Jack Baird, and McAllister got it too. For me, the young players have been the least of our worries this season. Mallan has been disappointing by the standards he set in the previous couple of seasons, but getting on the lad's back will only be counterproductive.

10 hours ago, Steve said:

No need to crawl back into any hole. I'm impressed with your reply and like you hope that Steve can capture his best form again and get back the player he has the potential to be

5 hours ago, Kendo said:

The main stand................ wasn't that the stand Jack Ross went into to have a word with someone who was giving him and the team abuse? 

It's wrong to generalise that the West stand is this or that. Where I sit I don't hear abuse being hurled at the players but I do hear lots of vocal backing from the people around me. 

I an very close to the dug out Kendo. There is an old boy there famous for shouting a lot of nonsense.  But I can assure you I have never heard out right abuse at players.  

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I an very close to the dug out Kendo. There is an old boy there famous for shouting a lot of nonsense.  But I can assure you I have never heard out right abuse at players.  

What about when AR was boss then?:ph34r:

Edited to add ?

Edited by linwood buddie