Stevie Mallon

munoz

18 hours ago, northendsaint said:

Honest and frank as always Stevie.As i said to you on Sunday i had my first taste of the St Mirren fans hate machine directed at a family member.Its not nice and very hard to take.People fail to realise that they are only kids and it does affect their confidence and can send them into a shell.They then dont demand the ball as they are afraid of losing it and getting further abuse.My message to Saints fans would be to encourage the kids and let them flourish.We will only get out this mess by sticking together.

My message to young Stephen is to get the head down and work hard till the end of the season and you will earn your promotion.

My message to Stevie Senior is dont let the minority get you down.Hopefully the wee man will be a hero in the coming weeks and months.We need your experience and enthusiasm with the development squad and dont think your hard work has gone unnoticed..See you Saturday Stevie.

Aye and there was another guy giving Lewis Morgan a hard time at Dumbarton. :rolleyes:

I agree where the blame lies and I'm not blaming fans for his performances,I know more than anyone how much he's deteriorating and it's killing me,he knows his responsibility and is working hard to regain some kinda form to get us out of this situation,as for going down south,he knows he was going into a development squad to try get to the level to perform in the championship,Barnsley where willing to take the chance and so was Stephen,where not delusional he knows how big a leap it is to come close to that level,given the chance for a possible promotion at work with the assistance to get there would you say nah  most folk don't think I could achieve it,I think you would still want to try it.
as for comparing Stephen to Stephen mcginn there in 2 different leagues and have been for a number of years,it's the same as comparing him to John and Kenny,who played with a lot more strength and talent than what the weeman has had,but I do agree he should be doing more,that I won't hide from, yes he should be more creative,yes he should be more direct as well as his final ball,if he gets the chance to play along side Stephen mcginn as I've said I think you will see a different player, I'm a football guy,I always hated losing when I played and now watching my son lose,it churns my stomach when we do to,anyone who sits beside me will tell you my passion for this club.
i don't mean to go on about Stephen I apologise,everyone has their opinion on football that's why you can debate till the cows come home,it was just to answer a couple of queries to begin with that's all,then I got carried away a bit,but overall I agree where the buck lies.
hopefully a couple of good performances in the weeks leading up to the Ayr game, blend In the new blood and with fresh faces competing for places is healthy and help get the fingers out,yes my boy and one or two others that are maybe not performing to there ability.thanks for giving me the time to say a few word now I'll crawl back into my hole never to return.thanks

Honest assessment. Well done.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, Steve said:

I agree where the blame lies and I'm not blaming fans for his performances,I know more than anyone how much he's deteriorating and it's killing me,he knows his responsibility and is working hard to regain some kinda form to get us out of this situation,as for going down south,he knows he was going into a development squad to try get to the level to perform in the championship,Barnsley where willing to take the chance and so was Stephen,where not delusional he knows how big a leap it is to come close to that level,given the chance for a possible promotion at work with the assistance to get there would you say nah  most folk don't think I could achieve it,I think you would still want to try it.

as for comparing Stephen to Stephen mcginn there in 2 different leagues and have been for a number of years,it's the same as comparing him to John and Kenny,who played with a lot more strength and talent than what the weeman has had,but I do agree he should be doing more,that I won't hide from, yes he should be more creative,yes he should be more direct as well as his final ball,if he gets the chance to play along side Stephen mcginn as I've said I think you will see a different player, I'm a football guy,I always hated losing when I played and now watching my son lose,it churns my stomach when we do to,anyone who sits beside me will tell you my passion for this club.

i don't mean to go on about Stephen I apologise,everyone has their opinion on football that's why you can debate till the cows come home,it was just to answer a couple of queries to begin with that's all,then I got carried away a bit,but overall I agree where the buck lies.

hopefully a couple of good performances in the weeks leading up to the Ayr game, blend In the new blood and with fresh faces competing for places is healthy and help get the fingers out,yes my boy and one or two others that are maybe not performing to there ability.thanks for giving me the time to say a few word now I'll crawl back into my hole never to return.thanks

I know for a fact you work hard and enthusiastically for the club, (I witness it with the kids), and I see enough to know you have passion for Saints. I hope your lad goes on to play as well as he can and earns a decent move with us getting a few bob. It's important that young Stevie gets back belief in his own abilities as he seems unsure. Not surprising given where we are as a club. I agree he should be able to shine with the anticipated better quality around him so just let him know that not everyone is expecting him to produce lifesaving surgery on his own. Some of us do appreciate it's difficult to play with a freedom when everything seems bleak. I actually don't agree with the lack of blame. I guarantee that Stevie would be much more confident in his ability if he was being roundly supported from the sidelines. It gets me down when I hear our young players, not just your lad, getting abuse because of a couple of misplaced passes.

Edited by stlucifer

25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I know for a fact you work hard and enthusiastically for the club, (I witness it with the kids), and I see enough to know you have passion for Saints. I hope your lad goes on to play as well as he can and earns a decent move with us getting a few bob. It's important that young Stevie gets back belief in his own abilities as he seems unsure. Not surprising given where we are as a club. I agree he should be able to shine with the anticipated better quality around him so just let him know that not everyone is expecting him to produce lifesaving surgery on his own. Some of us do appreciate it's difficult to play with a freedom when everything seems bleak. I actually don't agree with the lack of blame. I guarantee that Stevie would be much more confident in his ability if he was being roundly supported from the sidelines. It gets me down when I hear our young players, not just your lad, getting abuse because of a couple of misplaced passes.

Played very well today . Lucky to still have him .

24 minutes ago, munoz said:

Played very well today . Lucky to still have him .

Indeed he did only guy on the park who was able to use the wind to their advantage and his crosses caused havoc. Great set up for the second goal too. Odd day midfield wise as individually I thought they were all good, it just didn't click often enough as a unit although it's probably harsh to judge too much on a pitch like that in conditions as they were. Hopefully Morgan's return to form will help take pressure off Stevie and Stephen McGinn. A chance to show what they can do against the Welsh world record holders next week too.

ETA Oh and he scored a goal that was missed direct from a corner too imo

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

• 2 weeks later...
Good to see Mallan get on the scoresheet again on Sunday and played very well in the 2nd half when he moved inside to play alongside Mcginn. Think they can make a great partnership in the next few months and Mallan will learn alot from playing beside him.

Absolutely. Let's hope for all our sakes (especially Stevies) that Jack stops playing him left mid.

He's at his best when he's in the middle, driving forward and looking to score and make goals. And he does both with amazing consistency when he's used correctly.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Absolutely. Let's hope for all our sakes (especially Stevies) that Jack stops playing him left mid.

He's at his best when he's in the middle, driving forward and looking to score and make goals. And he does both with amazing consistency when he's used correctly.

Absolutely agree, didn't have his best game at Dumbarton (until the last 20 mins at least) but made the all important 2nd goal driving through the middle and playing a perfect ball through to Morgan, he can be a game changer when he's in the right position.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

I hope we haven't got some agreement with Aberdeen that Storie has to start every game when fit

I'm trying to figure out our mad selection in the first half

Especially dropping our MOM from the last game as well

5 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I hope we haven't got some agreement with Aberdeen that Storie has to start every game when fit

Think it's a bit of an urban myth that clubs ever have an agreement with a parent club to play any player.

What is sometimes the case is that there is an agreement that if the player plays then the parent club will pay a certain percentage of his wages, whereas if he doesn't play then they won't. Depends on what's been agreed in the specific deal.

You could never really have a situation where any player is guaranteed to play, I'm not sure how that would work!?

8 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

It is possible that he views Morgan as an impact player/game changer , the way that wee Anxious used to use Dorman. .