Stevie Mallon

munoz

18 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

The wee man was f**king brilliant today. Rolled up his sleeves and done plenty of the dirty work required but played a beautiful pass in for Sutton to score the first and nearly scored a belter himself.

Well played emoji122.png

Hmm , I dont know if i agree with that Bud. He still needs to be tougher in the tackle. I am a Mallan fan but that side of his game still needs to improve.

The wee man was f**king brilliant today. Rolled up his sleeves and done plenty of the dirty work required but played a beautiful pass in for Sutton to score the first and nearly scored a belter himself.

Well played [emoji122]

Agreed, he was excellent again. Another cracking assist. Three wins and Stevies been involved in the goal that's put us ahead each time. The assist for Lewis in Methil, the free kick against TNS and then the weekend.

He's at the heart of everything good we are doing unsurprisingly. Yet unbelievably he's still copping stick from some fans for not sticking the boot in enough...

There's no doubt about it, if we are going to stay up this year Stevie Mallan is going to be the main protagonist of our great escape.

Quite rightly received some criticism for underperforming (by his own admission) earlier in the season. Although, some of it was way,way over the top.

However, he's shown that he's been willing to knuckle down and work hard to start regaining the high level of form that we know he is capable of.

Keep it up Stevie!

19 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

We look much better without Storie in the team.

I think Mallan has played well in his own right, it could be argued though that McGinn is making him look better than he is because McGinn is such a good player, but i'd disagree with that. As TC said Mallan has played some killer passes to set up goals recently.

It's just as well Jack Ross kept faith in Stevie's ability . I'm pretty sure a lot of managers would have dropped him when his form dipped . 

It's just as well Jack Ross kept faith in Stevie's ability . I'm pretty sure a lot of managers would have dropped him when his form dipped . 

True. Although sometimes it's better for young players to be taken out the firing line but in this case JR had no other alternative but to play him due to the lack of options we had at the time.

8 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

What a pass to Stellios for first goal - sublime....

Let's not forget that he was the guy who started the move for the second as well. Losing the ball to Bartley then recovering to dig right in and get it back from him before shifting it out to the left.

Mallan now showing what he is capable of at long last. Dominated the middle of the park tonight alongside McGinn. That is the perfomance of a player we should have been seeing for quite a while. That is the type of performance that merits interest from Barnsley. Playing like that he will have a chance in England. Great to see.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Another fantastic performance last night from Stevie and a brilliant free kick. Keeper should know not to give a boy with that dead ball ability so much empty net to aim at. 

Can't wait to see the goal again.The back of the net was the last place I expected to see the ball end up.

I think it was pretty cleverly worked IrvineBuddie and straight off the training ground. From our seats we could see Loy and a couple of others peel off to the back making it all look like it was a deep free-kick Their defenders went with them  and I think that took Bell, and his concentration, away from the front post.

The best bit is that on reading the match thread at home last night someone suggested it was just a cross that everyone missed and bounced in at the near post!!

I saw Mallan and Langfield sharing a wave and thumbs up as the teams readied for the restart. Maybe Langfield had seen something in the way Cammy Bell sets up for wide free kicks and mentioned it to Mallan? He was giving the league's best free kick taker a massive amount to aim at.  

12 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I think it was pretty cleverly worked IrvineBuddie and straight off the training ground. From our seats we could see Loy and a couple of others peel off to the back making it all look like it was a deep free-kick Their defenders went with them  and I think that took Bell, and his concentration, away from the front post.

The best bit is that on reading the match thread at home last night someone suggested it was just a cross that everyone missed and bounced in at the near post!!

Hope your right, we've certainly been working on set pieces anyway.. the first goal and the goal at parkhead were straight off the training ground by the looks of it.

11 minutes ago, Edinbuddie said:

I saw Mallan and Langfield sharing a wave and thumbs up as the teams readied for the restart. Maybe Langfield had seen something in the way Cammy Bell sets up for wide free kicks and mentioned it to Mallan? He was giving the league's best free kick taker a massive amount to aim at.  

Langfield tweeted something  last night along the lines of "I'll keep telling you where to go and you keep putting it there" and a pic of Mallan celebrating the goal, so you might be on to something.

Edited by irvine_buddie

• 3 weeks later...

Been really impressed with Stevie Mallan since the January window shut, he could easily have allowed his head to drop after his proposed move fell through. His performances have been back to his best and it's clear to see he cares about the club and has dug in and been a massive part in our improvement. Hopefully this continues however on the flip side I think this form undoubtedly will see him get his big move away in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2017 at 11:24 PM, Steve said:

I agree where the blame lies and I'm not blaming fans for his performances,I know more than anyone how much he's deteriorating and it's killing me,he knows his responsibility and is working hard to regain some kinda form to get us out of this situation,as for going down south,he knows he was going into a development squad to try get to the level to perform in the championship,Barnsley where willing to take the chance and so was Stephen,where not delusional he knows how big a leap it is to come close to that level,given the chance for a possible promotion at work with the assistance to get there would you say nah  most folk don't think I could achieve it,I think you would still want to try it.

as for comparing Stephen to Stephen mcginn there in 2 different leagues and have been for a number of years,it's the same as comparing him to John and Kenny,who played with a lot more strength and talent than what the weeman has had,but I do agree he should be doing more,that I won't hide from, yes he should be more creative,yes he should be more direct as well as his final ball,if he gets the chance to play along side Stephen mcginn as I've said I think you will see a different player, I'm a football guy,I always hated losing when I played and now watching my son lose,it churns my stomach when we do to,anyone who sits beside me will tell you my passion for this club.

i don't mean to go on about Stephen I apologise,everyone has their opinion on football that's why you can debate till the cows come home,it was just to answer a couple of queries to begin with that's all,then I got carried away a bit,but overall I agree where the buck lies.

hopefully a couple of good performances in the weeks leading up to the Ayr game, blend In the new blood and with fresh faces competing for places is healthy and help get the fingers out,yes my boy and one or two others that are maybe not performing to there ability.thanks for giving me the time to say a few word now I'll crawl back into my hole never to return.thanks

Your lad was absolutely sensational today.

You must be bursting with pride.

He strikes me as a grounded young lad who has his head screwed on. He appreciates the support he gets, and he grafts in return.

For me, Stevie is one of the most the talented players I've seen at St Mirren (in 30 years) and it has been a privilege to watch him play.

It has been a privilege to be able to watch this talented young man. From his wonder goals against Dundee and Raith to his set piece prowess and work rate. Over the past two seasons he has got into double figures for goals from midfield in a team that has struggled. That is a fantastic achievement at any level of football.

Hopefully we can squeeze one more fantastic performance next week which inspires us to safety. Yesterday was easily his best performance for us. If it was Gary Mack's goal yesterday then then not only did he score three goals but had two assists.

Sometimes people have been critical of Stevie on here but I hope that is only because he is so talented that anything under that level frustrates them. This boy deserves a big move. Either to the English Championship or top half Scottish Premiership. I hope we get some decent money for him but I look forward with a keen interest to see how his career hopefully grows.

Thank you wee Stevie Mallan for the memories.