Stevie Mallon

munoz

The rumour is, and it's just that, that was the last time we'll see this young, soon to be, superstar on Saint Mirren Park as a home player. If that is   the case then I hope, 1) We get a fair wedge upfront, and 2) The sell on clause ensures a future windfall. Don't get me wrong. I've always backed the lad, even when he was at a low ebb, so I would be absolutely delighted if he, and the other young academy players, (I remember a certain forumster telling us the academy was failing to produce, [oh my sides:lol:]), remain and we witness a rebirth as we sweep all before us.

That was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen from a St Mirren player yesterday. We scored 5 goals and he was involved in every single one of them. If he's not scoring them he's setting them up. He's a joy to watch.

The guy's a class act and will go on to very big things. I think he will go on to have a better career than either McLean or McGinn. Like both of them, he's taken quite a bit of stick from our support.

He's came through it all though, and the doubters are well and truly silenced now. We have been very lucky to have had him at the club for so long. If he does get his move to England this summer, as I suspect he will, no one could say he hasn't earned it.

He'll be on his way this summer. I don't think here's any doubt about that and he's earned a big move and the money that comes with it.

He was sensational yesterday and has flourished in the team since the turn of the year where he's been allowed to play where he can do more damage. Alex Rae must've been looking at a different player.

I'm not sure he deserves all the accolades being showered on him just yet though. It's just my opinion but he's not "the best player we've seen" or anything like it but he does have a talent striking a ball I've rarely seen and thats what separates him from a bunch of other talented midfielders at this level. I truly hope he can go on and deliver a level of consistency that will allow him to make an impact at a higher level and he doesn't disappear into some Championship development squad as that would be a crime.

Yesterday was magnificent. If he really wants to put a marker down then Easter Road is the place to do it next week. Then he can relax, job done, and wait for the offers to roll in.

I hope he tells Barnsley to do one though!

I see no reason why we can't offer him an improved deal with the premise that if a big club comes in we won't stand in his way.

He's had an improved deal on the table for over a year. He ain't going to sign it, and if I was him I wouldn't either.

He's going this summer for a fee or next summer for compensation.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He's had an improved deal on the table for over a year. He ain't going to sign it, and if I was him I wouldn't either.

Aye, there was some mention on a statement form our chairman that, mysteriously, disappeared. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I think you're probably right but we've slightly improved our chances of keeping him (assuming we stay up) because of the way we've been playing and he might be persuaded to sign as we challenge for the league next year.

I think you're probably right but we've slightly improved our chances of keeping him (assuming we stay up) because of the way we've been playing and he might be persuaded to sign as we challenge for the league next year.

He's already signed for next year. Basically one of two things will happen.

1) We accept a bid for him in the summer or January and he moves on for a fee.

2) No acceptable bids for him come in and he plays a full season for us next year then moves on for compensation, like what happened with McGinn.

Him signing an extended contract and taking away his opportunity to move for compo in summer 2018 isn't a realistic possibility sadly.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Bud the Baker said:

The player has had a poor season in a poor/unbalanced team but as I've said elsewhere most of our best performances have been when he's played well - if we're going to pull off "The Great Escape" it's more likely to happen if he's in the team and playing well than not.

Words of a genius! :angel

How much do you think we could get him for? Always rated him. 

I hope he will do far better than a team like Hibs.

Barnsley, who were at the top end of the Championship at the time, were seriously interested in him in January.

I think he will end up there or a club like them for around half a million in the summer.

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

He's already signed for next year. Basically one of two things will happen.

1) We accept a bid for him in the summer or January and he moves on for a fee.

2) No acceptable bids for him come in and he plays a full season for us next year then moves on for compensation, like what happened with McGinn.

Him signing an extended contract and taking away his opportunity to move for compo in summer 2018 isn't a realistic possibility sadly.

You can't keep a player if he wants to leave and clearly Stevie was affected when Burnley walked away Stevie's form took a dip for a few weeks. Once he got his head round the disappointment his game improved.

If Stevie was willing to stay another season where by he becomes a free agent I for one would be happy with that unless someone is willing to pay a million for him.Lets be realisitc here what would we get if we sell him £250,000 is a guess in my part.

Equate that with the money getting promoted would provide , if that money is greater then it's a no brainer we must keep Stevie but again Stevie must want to stay. Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

I think he will go on to have a better career than either McLean or McGinn. Like both of them, he's taken quite a bit of stick from our support.

I don't know where you get this nonsense from.

You and a few cretins slagging off certain players or managers on a football forum is not representative of the support.  I think 99% of Saints fans have been very proud to see McGinn, McLean and Mallan come through the youth system and were well aware that the shortcomings of team over recent years were not down to them.

Tremendous yesterday and the third goal was incredible. He'll be off in the summer, just hope it's for a fair sum and not on the cheap because we're relegated. Totally different players but it's a bit like the final few months of Kirk Broadfoot's time with us - he knows he's off in the summer but he's making damn sure it isn't on the back of a relegation.

If Hibs want him we'll take three points next week as a first instalment.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Can I just check...
Is this the same Stevie Mallan that the majority on here have criticised consistently this season, said wasn't trying, accused of believing his own press and demanded he was dropped?

32 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You and a few cretins slagging off certain players or managers on a football forum is not representative of the support.  I think 99% of Saints fans have been very proud to see McGinn, McLean and Mallan come through the youth system and were well aware that the shortcomings of team over recent years were not down to them.

Short memory, 99%? As I remember Mallan was getting considerable stick from Saints fans, so much so, his father, very honestly and fairly, posted on here acknowledging his loss of form but he would work hard to get his form back, which he has.

I can show you a whole load of posts if you like.

It got so bad that - as FS mentioned - his father came on here to make a post. You're pretty blinkered if you think it was only 1%

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

I can show you a whole load of posts if you like.

It got so bad that - as FS mentioned - his father came on here to make a post. You're pretty blinkered if you think it was only 1%

As I said, a few empty vessels on an internet forum.

I don't know why you like to put around the myth that St Mirren fans jump on young players backs or work against the team.  Like any supporters they make their opinions known when the likes of Craig or Rae are running the team in to the ground, however they have stood by the club through thick and thin and have shown themselves to be as loyal and supportive as any group of fans in the country.