Airdries Record Attendance

HSS

at The Shyberry is still the 9613 who were in attendance the Saints v Hamilton Challenge Cup Final.I thought the greatest fans in the world may have topped that today but the crowd was only 8319.

Airdries top 2 crowds at their stadium are for games they weren't playing in.:unsure:

28 minutes ago, dblue said:

Great day but iirc it took me about an hour to get out of the car park.

What about the journey there?Fans jumping off buses for a pish and then jumping back on whatever bus was closest to them. We left JB's with 80 on a double decker but only about 50 when we reached Airdrie.:lol

at The Shyberry is still the 9613 who were in attendance the Saints v Hamilton Challenge Cup Final.I thought the greatest fans in the world may have topped that today but the crowd was only 8319.
Airdries top 2 crowds at their stadium are for games they weren't playing in.:unsure:

Did Newco Sevco not play Airdrie a few years back and get over 9000. Reason I remember as it was mentioned at the time that it did not surpass the 2005 Challenge Cup Final attendance involving us. I might be wrong.

44 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Did Newco Sevco not play Airdrie a few years back and get over 9000. Reason I remember as it was mentioned at the time that it did not surpass the 2005 Challenge Cup Final attendance involving us. I might be wrong.

Ahhhhhh.........I forgot about "them".The 9044 that turned up is Airdies record attendance at the Shyberry.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

11 guys posting things like "we are going to get beaten here" sounds like a blast.

Love Me Tender, Return to Sender, Jailhouse Rock, Wooden Heart... I recall all those, but not We Are Going to Get Beaten Here...

Was that one of the songs from his critically acclaimed Masochists album?

Love Me Tender, Return to Sender, Jailhouse Rock, Wooden Heart... I recall all those, but not We Are Going to Get Beaten Here...
Was that one of the songs from his critically acclaimed Masochists album?

I am unfamiliar with that ditty too. All I remember, through my champagne induced haze was lots of guys saying "Uh Huh, give me another cheeseburger." How we laughed.

I lost my wallet the night before the game when I was out in Paisley . Unfortunately it had my ticket in it . Fortunately for me , some honest soul had handed it into Mill St and the rest was history . That wouldn't have happened in Greenock.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Elvis Presley is the most overrated thing in the history of rating anything...ever.

IMO it's a pity that the wrong twin died.

Take another listen. His vocal range is far greater than "Uh hu". He was instrumental in the success of musical cross culture. He was also successful in more than one genre. Perhaps he wasn't to your taste but that doesn't make him overrated. Just that, with your last sentence, you might be overreacting.  

My memory of the limousine is coming back to me. Davie "I kissed a Swedish Policewoman" McGaw and legendary Saints fan, did not dress up as Elvis but turned up, for reasons still not explained to our satisfaction,.....as a FRESIAN COW. 10 Elvis Presleys and 1 fresian cow. There is a joke in there somewhere.