So farewell then , Overend Watts

billyg

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was never a bit Mottram fan though I love Ian Hunter's first solo album which I still have. Watts was a good guitarist however the 70's was full of that type. Just a personal opinion. 

Dodgy phone? Watts the problem?

4 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Remember going to see Mott The Hoople at The Apollo.  They were great, but the support band were fantastic and got 3 encores... You can't beat a bit of early Queen!

Was that not for Ian Hunter's first solo album not the Mott. In deed Queen were the support band. 

15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was that not for Ian Hunter's first solo album not the Mott. In deed Queen were the support band. 

Naw.  It was definitely Mott The Hoople,  November 1971 I think. 

II was around 14 at the time. My mate Jim from Renfrew and I were walking past The Apollo on the night of the Gig and he noticed the 'Tonight' Poster for Mott and he wanted to go in... I was not that keen (I mean it was approx 95p to get in!!!), until I saw the Support band's name on the poster.  That swung it for me.  I had heard Queen for the first time the night before on the OGWT doing 'Keep Yourself Alive' to an old black & white cartoon of two trains racing each other, as was the kind of thing the OGWT did before videos came along.  Great night.

Edited by Vambo57
Just had a look and it was Nov 1973