Gangs

Paisley brazilians

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Late 70s was terrible often seen people getting glassed in pubs. Silver Thread remember one night a car being forced off the road into a lamp post. Then occupants dragged out and set upon One night the *** gang decided I was to get it. Police turned up i just said they were mates playing a joke with me. They left me alone forever after that. Frriers Hall was the worst battles I have seen. Not until I left Paisley did I realised it was extremely violent. One thing you learned which has proved worth while is how to be Street wise being aware of your surroundings. Proved to be useful on travels. 

Yes you did have to have your wits about you but I always seemed to get lucky . One evening I was about to walk into a dance at the Cochrane House in Johnstone with 3 of my buddies, when as we walked down the ramp towards the door it kicked off big time inside as everything went flying . We just walked away . .similarly , one lovely summers evening I recall running down the back stairs of the Anchor Rec with my girlfriend as it all kicked off inside with one of the bouncers running up the stairs saying "what the f**k is happening!!" Another land mine dodged. .