Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

Please please remember where we are,nobody is going to bid,big for a potential star 
We need a reality check if we think a club will offer £1m plus 
I bet if Barry McKay gets a bid it will be unde £1m
scotland is f**ked and  I despair at delusional fans who think our standard of football is rated elsewhere 
crash helmet on  
where is the sin bin :rolleyes:[emoji14]

Don't think anyone is suggesting £1 million pounds, but he's at worth more than 200'000.

Falkirk and Hamilton...etc seem to always get more money for similar players

Think it's a decent bit of business for us assuming we have a sizeable sell on clause. Kyle certainly has huge potential but - as with any 17 year old - he's not ready to start in first team football week in week out.

Hopefully we use the money to get some experience in.

If this is true then shame on us
Always on the cheap about time we got decent money for our youngsters
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/483435/st-mirren-accept-bid-from-championship-side-derby-for-teen-star-kyle-mcallister/

so much for the great new era of SMiSA and Gordon Scott not letting our young players going on the cheap. what a slap on the face for fans. yet another broken promise. disgusted.

I thought McAllister's contract was up in the summer and he had refused to sign a new contract meaning he could sign for anyone and we get zilch. As for development fee he has not been with us that long, has he? Did we not get him from the New Club. Looks to me like the Club had few options.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

yeah. but they freed him. same as McLean and Morgan so there due nothing in money terms.

Yeah but my point (more a question) is... 

If we only developed him from 16 to 17 (1 year*) then the development fee is only based on that is it not? 

*I have no idea at what age we signed him.

He's contracted until next Summer, therefore he should be going nowhere until this Summer at the earliest. We need to try and secure our status this season.

What a boot in the stones. I just fell out with the Mrs as I said I was going to the East Fife game instead of a night away. Wish I hadn't bothered now.

Will SMISA get our money back now?

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

£225k for an 18 year old with about a dozen games under his belt doesn't sound cheap to me.

a 19 year old with 45 matches and he's sold for £11 Million

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38449936

are we really shite at negotiating prices or are footballers just not good enough to command higher transfer fees?

If true this is a sad indictment of the financial position we find ourselves in. We are making even more Obvious to all now just how easy we will roll over and have the tummy tickled. We must be in a right sorry state financially if we need to sell our future stars to survive 20 weeks til the end of a season. Falkirk have grown some balls and slapped £750k on a player no-one has ever heard of, us? we appear to take the first offer that comes our way. 

hoping this is just paper talk as we look like a right bunch of desperados.     

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I thought McAllister's contract was up in the summer and he had refused to sign a new contract meaning he could sign for anyone and we get zilch. As for development fee he has not been with us that long, has he? Did we not get him from the New Club. Looks to me like the Club had few options.

Ross has said a few times he's under contract for another season. He was with Rangers until about 2012 then went to youth football for a year so we've only had him for three or four years. Think they can be due a small amount in compensation but only up to 5% so not a huge amount.

Our CEO has said repeatedly we won't be selling players on the cheap anymore yet we're going to lose McAllister and Mallan for a combined total of about £500k, which is pretty poor when you consider both are under contract until the end of next season. Still, I'm sure the money will go straight to the playing budget...

I'll wait and see what kind of deal we get (if disclosed) for him , before deciding if it's a good or bad one for the club . I know it looks like we're letting yet another player go on the cheap , but the funds are obviously much needed at the moment . 

If we can bring in some decent replacements , it might not turn out to be a bad deal for us . 

Time will tell .

It's a buyers market. Reality is English clubs have the money but are not under pressure to pay big bucks for Scots players anymore. Those that have gone south for big dosh in recent years are the exception rather than the rule. Reality check again for us. Diddy team in diddy league desperate for funds.

Must admit disappointed if we accept £200k for him, perhaps I'm being naive but he seems worth more than that, especially if he helps keep us up. Was hoping for double that...Again maybe I'm being naive.

Pretty sure he has another year to go so surely worst case he'll still be worth £200k come the summer so not sure why we'd accept that now.

Hoping the figure is just paper talk...

Perhaps the money is needed so that we have the funds to repair Ralston so that we can continue to produce talented youngsters to sell on the cheap so that we have the money to fix Ralston so we can continue... and so on.

30 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Think it's a decent bit of business for us assuming we have a sizeable sell on clause. Kyle certainly has huge potential but - as with any 17 year old - he's not ready to start in first team football week in week out.

Hopefully we use the money to get some experience in.

More likely that, than the suggestion that it would be used to relay pitch at Ralston. :blink:

In my opinion, we're banking money to remain full time next season if the worse comes to the worst.