Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

1 hour ago, Vambo57 said:

Thought I'd post for those that can't access the link.  Good words and Good Luck Kyle!

St Mirren Football Club can announce that Kyle McAllister has left the club to sign for English Championship side Derby County.

The 18 year-old joins the Rams on a three-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee. 

Kyle made 18 appearances for the Buddies, scoring once in a Scottish Cup tie against Spartans - a goal that won him Goal of The Round. 

The midfielder was thankful to the club for giving him the opportunity as a player and admits he feels it's the right time for him to take the next step in his development.

I'm delighted, but nervous," he said. "It's going to be new to me moving away from my family, but what an opportunity it is to become a top player. 

"My time at the club has been amazing. Of any club in Scotland this is probably the best for an opportunity in the first team. Growing up here through the 15s and 16s you still get your opportunity to play with the older ones and it's an amazing club. They do the best they can for you and they've done the best they can for me. 

"The gaffer and Allan [McManus] have pushed me. The gaffer gave me my chance and it's them who have gotten me to where I am. David Longwell was also a big part of it and I hope he's delighted for me as well. Jack Ross has been amazing mentor and he's just let me go and do what I can do."

Kyle also confessed that the club will have a special place in his heart after giving him the chance to prove himself in the first team and also took time to express his gratitude to the Saints fans.

I wasn't a St Mirren fan when I was younger, but the club will always be big in my heart. They'll always be a big part of me and I'll always say that. All I want is for this club to stay up and then try to get back into the Premiership soon. 

"I want to say thanks to the St Mirren supporters. They've supported me since I first came into the first team and everything I've seen from them is positive. I just thought now was the perfect time to move, but the fans have been brilliant and I just want to say thanks to them."

Great words from the young man. When so many in the media and general footballing public (including some of our own fans) seem intent in bringing our club down ,its nice to have a wee bit of positivity .:thumbs2

We are a selling club & we just have to accept that, but the more satisfied graduates of the youth academy who come out with that sort of thing ,the better.

Regardless of Kyles contract situation this is still a pretty sore one to take. Not even 48 hours after our CEO says he wants to build a team around our youngsters. I'd like to see Tony put a positive spin on this one.

I suppose we can't let it detract from what is a massive game this weekend. Onwards and upwards.

Just now, Dan Is The Man said:

Regardless of Kyles contract situation this is still a pretty sore one to take. Not even 48 hours after our CEO says he wants to build a team around our youngsters. I'd like to see Tony put a positive spin on this one.

I suppose we can't let it detract from what is a massive game this weekend. Onwards and upwards.

The guy refused to sign new contract offers and wanted away with 12 months left on his contract. What was Tony supposed to do?

The guy refused to sign new contract offers and wanted away with 12 months left on his contract. What was Tony supposed to do?

I would probably start with not talking to the press about wanting to build a team around youngsters, then selling one our better players within 48 hours, whilst also in the midst of a relegation battle.

The clubs not in debt. We're not crying out for cash but we are in a position we're we could be falling to the lowest ebb in the clubs history.

I would probably start with not talking to the press about wanting to build a team around youngsters, then selling one our better players within 48 hours, whilst also in the midst of a relegation battle.

The clubs not in debt. We're not crying out for cash but we are in a position we're we could be falling to the lowest ebb in the clubs history.

There are far more youngsters than just McAllister. Baird, Morgan, Magennis, Mallan are all Academy players and Whyte is now being introduced with McLear also in the frame. And there are more to come.

The Club may not be in debt but have major repairs at Ralston and had to borrow money from SMiSA to fix the USH. Extra money would be very welcome I would have thought.

Edited by Sonny

23 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

We were hardly going to build our team around a player who didn't want to sign a new contract, and who would have been gone when his contract was up, for far less than we were able to get for him now. I don't blame the player one bit for not wanting to sign a contract with us when we might be going down again this season, but the reality is that in that situation, the club needs to sell to make sure it does not lose out financially.

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

As I have posted before, I now accept that if we get any kid that shines even a wee bit and gets some sort of attention - they'll be off. McAllister is off, very best of luck to the young man, and I hope what I'm about to post is wrong - 18 games, one for every year of his life, one goal. Reading his farewell statement there are comments along the lines of 'this is the right time to move' etc. I completely disagree with that. I think it is too early, there have been other recent examples where kids just like McAllister have jumped from Aberdeen and Dundee United after what seemed like ten minutes in the first team - and they have disappeared when they left. It will be interesting to see how he gets on. I simply don't believe that the 'right time' for any young Scottish player to move is after less than 20 first team games (probably didn't even play the full 90 mins in all of them either), having scored precisely one goal, have probably still got trouble getting served in a bar, and shaving is still a novelty. Good luck to the boy though.

Maybe the next step is a few months with Derbys Youth set up to settle in , and for Derby to assess him , then maybe a year on loan in the lower leagues in England or a place in Derbys first team squad .

I'm sure it was only a month ago that St Mirren FC Ltd asked for the supporters to provide money to service the USH and also provide funds to assist the manager in the January transfer window. I think you will find that the club do need money to survive whatever division we end up in. 

That's excuse enough to sell Naismith and Macalister?

They also seem quite content on selling Mallan at the first opportunity they've had. Incredibly disappointing from a board who have claimed on numerous occasions to want to build a team around our youngsters.

I would say we're in dire need of good players than money right now.

Best wishes to the lad on his future career . 
Also , to the idiots who have a pop a Davie Longwell , maybe you should read what Kyle has wrote . It's yet another endorsement of him .

I don't know what more some people need, McGinn, McLean, Naismith, McAllister, Mallan, Morgan, Magennis, Kelly, Baird, McLear...that's 10 players in the last few years who have made an impact in some way on the first team. Be it key players like, McGinn and McLean, steady pros like Naismith and Kelly, or guys still to reach their top potential, like Magennis and McLear. How many comparable clubs can boast a record like that?

4 of those players have already moved onwards and upwards, another few probably will in the near future. We regularly have between 4 and 6 youth academy products in the starting 11, and they're rarely the players to let us down.

David Longwell was in charge of nurturing and developing young talent, it wasn't his job to deal with their contacts or negotiate transfer fees with other clubs. In my opinion he did an excellent job in his time here.

Kyle who ???? 

Gone and forgotten about him already. 

Hopefully see and support him in a Scotland jersey in a few years. 

Obviously, he has never been a Saints Fan and doesn't need to show loyalty. 

He is a million miles away from being a Saints legend like the 2013 lads. 

He could have very easily signed a new 1,2 or 3 year contract for us. 

Being a class player, he would still have got his move soon enough and made our Club between half a million to a million pounds.

Never mind, he couldn’t get away quick enough. 

Good luck to him and hopefully he will be a Scotland legend in the future. 

Ta ta 

We were hardly going to build our team around a player who didn't want to sign a new contract, and who would have been gone when his contract was up, for far less than we were able to get for him now. I don't blame the player one bit for not wanting to sign a contract with us when we might be going down again this season, but the reality is that in that situation, the club needs to sell to make sure it does not lose out financially.

You don't build a team at all if you sell your best players at the first chance you get.

You don't build a team at all if you sell your best players at the first chance you get.

McAllister has played 20 games, scoring 1 goal. You build a team by being clever with the money you receive, which is hopefully what we do now. We are not at the level where we can turn down decent money for a player who's played very few games. If he had signed an extension, I think we'd have kept him. He forced our hand. Simples.

McAllister has played 20 games, scoring 1 goal. You build a team by being clever with the money you receive, which is hopefully what we do now. We are not at the level where we can turn down decent money for a player who's played very few games. If he had signed an extension, I think we'd have kept him. He forced our hand. Simples.

Hope your right mate. Certainly been impressed with our January so far.

I wonder if we'll all feel the same if Mallan is sold before the deadline and we lose his goals and assists that could potentially keep us in this league.

No. You let the contracts run out on players who do not want to be with us then let them go for free.

Kyle would still be under contract in the summer and a fee could've been agreed, similar to Naismith.
Mallan has a 18 months left on his contract.

For a team 7 points adrift at the foot of the table, I'm off the opinion that these players are crucial in keeping us up. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

Hope your right mate. Certainly been impressed with our January so far.

I wonder if we'll all feel the same if Mallan is sold before the deadline and we lose his goals and assists that could potentially keep us in this league.

I think we were expecting to lose Mallan, hence why McGinn is coming in, to soften the blow. I wouldn't be too surprised if Mallan went still, but it looks like we've stood our ground on the fee. Him having the extra six months on his contract strengthened our position on him. He will likely go in the summer though, because again, he won't sign an extension.

Such is life for most clubs in this country unfortunately.

Kyle would still be under contract in the summer and a fee could've been agreed, similar to Naismith.
Mallan has a 18 months left on his contract.

For a team 7 points adrift at the foot of the table, I'm off the opinion that these players are crucial in keeping us up. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

I'll agree to disagree Dan. I want all our good young players to stay but when they want to go the Club does not want unhappy players who may no longer give a shit and disrupt the dressing room.

In 6 months Kyle could have signed a pre-contract with anyone and downed tools until he left. The Club would have only got a miserly development fee as he has not been with us long. They may of course sell him but with six months left we would not have got anywhere near as much as we are getting now.