Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm not against selling players. it's the low prices for them we seem to accept. clubs of a similar size to us sell their young players for a lot more. That's my beef with this situation. Hamilton are still in the SPL cos of the cash they brought in for Mccarthy. McArthur and Hendrie while our players go for chicken feed.

Who have we produced that has been in the same class as McCarthy & McArthur?

(Noting that the Pozbaird alias appears to think that this is irrelevant :1eye)

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Frustrating I know however McGinn was totally out of contract and McAllister could sign for anyone in 6 months time. Both wanted to leave. McCarthy had not long signed an additional 3 year deal when his transfer came about. McArthur was captain of Accies at 20 and playing in the Premier league and U21 cap. He went for £500k. Every transfer situation has different circumstances.

And, most importantly, both were top quality players.

John McGinn is in his second season playing in the Scottish Championship. No big clubs appear to be interested in him.

4 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

And, most importantly, both were top quality players.

John McGinn is in his second season playing in the Scottish Championship. No big clubs appear to be interested in him.

Talking of McGinn, I see you've been posting made up shite over in the Wank Tank about the circumstances surrounding him being at the club.

Tsk, tsk, Andy. Well seeing you opted to post it over there where the gullible, needy fools might give credence to your crazed slabberings.

I think Kyle, or should I say his agent, have made the wrong decision.

At 17 he should be staying and developing as a player at a club where he is guaranteed a starting place. I hope he doesn't disappear into the lower leagues and makes a success of himself.

It is what it is. Take the money and get another couple of decent players in to improve the team. He'll be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.

Good luck Kyle.

Good luck to the boy,I will follow his career with interest

This is another example of an agent getting his ear and filling his head..honestly these people are double glazing salesmen.I hate them.the Bosman rule killed our game we need to accept it will happen.

Even Celtic sell their players at a different level I know.

Wanyama,Van Dyke ,Foster for example

Edited by Eaglesham saint

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm not against selling players. it's the low prices for them we seem to accept. clubs of a similar size to us sell their young players for a lot more. That's my beef with this situation. Hamilton are still in the SPL cos of the cash they brought in for Mccarthy. McArthur and Hendrie while our players go for chicken feed.

Hold on a minute... shouldn't the mcdowell alias be hammering you for posting this?

2 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

Nail hit on head

I genuinely do not have a clue what you are on about. The last time I interacted with anyone on our old BoD was when I spoke to SG at a Fan Council golf day. There is no 'falling out'. I am critical of aspects of their tenure following the club being put up for sale, and I genuinely cannot understand why they couldn't have fixed the shoddy broken letter on our main signage until a year had passed and fans pressed them on it. Nor could I understand why they couldn't have updated the HoF panels in over three years. Nor could I understand why they couldn't have smoothed over the Celtic shop signage ahead of it happening by making a brief statement on their own website. In many regards I reckon they downed tools.

Does my criticism mean I fell out with an individual or individuals? No. So you either accept that or keep spouting rubbish.

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Is it not incorrect to say we won't necessarily get a sell on clause if we let his contract run down? That's what happened with McGinn and we still got one in exchange for a reduction in the development fee.
Anyhow, probably a moot point if the boy wants to leave. No point in having an unhappy player.

McGinn was with us since 9 and that's why the proposed fee was so high. McAllister's given that he was only with us since 14 or 15 would be a fraction of McGinn's fee. We'd be in no real position to negotiate a sell on if a club could just pay, for example, 90k to take him on, no strings.

With a fair degree of clarity and reliable information coming to light regarding this situation, whether we like it or not, we seem to be where we should be regarding this transfer, regarding the fee and potential ad ons.

A lot of wasted energy on keyboard bashing last night.

Hope he's fit enough to pass the medical.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Talking of McGinn, I see you've been posting made up shite over in the Wank Tank about the circumstances surrounding him being at the club.

Tsk, tsk, Andy. Well seeing you opted to post it over there where the gullible, needy fools might give credence to your crazed slabberings.

I've posted the same fact on other threads on this forum before

i just get the same abuse from the same abusive lynch mob, of which you play a leading part

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I genuinely do not have a clue what you are on about. The last time I interacted with anyone on our old BoD was when I spoke to SG at a Fan Council golf day. There is no 'falling out'. I am critical of aspects of their tenure following the club being put up for sale, and I genuinely cannot understand why they couldn't have fixed the shoddy broken letter on our main signage until a year had passed and fans pressed them on it. Nor could I understand why they couldn't have updated the HoF panels in over three years. Nor could I understand why they couldn't have smoothed over the Celtic shop signage ahead of it happening by making a brief statement on their own website. In many regards I reckon they downed tools.

Does my criticism mean I fell out with an individual or individuals? No. So you either accept that or keep spouting rubbish.

me thinks someone protest a little bit too much

ps, i stopped reading your post after the first sentence

15 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

I've posted the same fact on other threads on this forum before

i just get the same abuse from the same abusive lynch mob, of which you play a leading part

It's not fact. I repeat, it is made up shite.

You deserve to be called out for posting errant drivel as 'fact', Andy. It isn't abuse, it is a public service.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I don't have a clue who he is or what your talking about Paul. See you at golf day emoji466.pngemoji466.png

Gary, you mentioned Accies and the fee they got for McArthur & McCarthy. Seems to be a topic that sets the mcdowell alias off on one. Anyway, aye, I've got a team together for the golf day - an almost all-new squad taking part. Any bandits in the new signing contingent!?

Is it not incorrect to say we won't necessarily get a sell on clause if we let his contract run down? That's what happened with McGinn and we still got one in exchange for a reduction in the development fee.
Anyhow, probably a moot point if the boy wants to leave. No point in having an unhappy player.

Your right that potentially we could get a sell on clause added but that as you say was for a reduced development fee, the development fee for kyle will be small enough would we really want to reduce it? The difference being that McGinn had been with us since he was 7 so he had 11 or 12 years development where as Kyle has had 2. We were in a stronger position with McGinn.

Gary, you mentioned Accies and the fee they got for McArthur & McCarthy. Seems to be a topic that sets the mcdowell alias off on one. Anyway, aye, I've got a team together for the golf day - an almost all-new squad taking part. Any bandits in the new signing contingent!?

Don't know mate. but should be a good day. you bringing ringers in again. Glory hunter lol.