Scott Gallacher gone

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Puzzling - another guy whose been ripped to shreds on the forum and presumably told he's free to look for another club taking a step upwards. You have to wonder what our others see that our two management combos this season have been unable to find.

He'll be going as back up unless Neil Lennon can see something no one else does.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

This is turning into a January window of radical surgery. Fair play to Ross and Fowler, they haven't messed about, and will now be largely - and justifiably - judged on the merits or otherwise of their business this January. They'll not be able to hide behind the debris left in the wake of Rae's departure.

Just to back that up, by my reckoning the only players left that Rae brought to the club are Clarkson, Gordon, MacKenzie, Quinn, Sutton and Irvine. And, seeing as he's still contracted to us, Hutton :rolleyes:

The excuse that Ross needs time to bring in his own players and it's not his team doesn't wash any more. Instead, we'll no doubt here that the players need time to gel.

Fairly quick turnaround with respect to Gallacher - gone from first choice keeper to binned within a fortnight. He was far from the best goalie I've seen playing for Saints but he was also far from the worst (Scrimgour and Robertson spring immediately to mind) and I don't think he was quite as bad as some folk make out. Weird if he ends up at Hibs.

Edited by Stu

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Relegation = Ridiculous

At the start of the season absolutely but when GS made the statement - absolutely not. Nearer probable than ridiculous. To me his statement is quite unequivocal, relegation will not see Ross sacked.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Just to back that up, by my reckoning the only players left that Rae brought to the club are Clarkson, Gordon, MacKenzie, Quinn, Sutton and Irvine. And, seeing as he's still contracted to us, Hutton :rolleyes:

The excuse that Ross needs time to bring in his own players and it's not his team doesn't wash any more. Instead, we'll no doubt here that the players need time to gel.

Fairly quick turnaround with respect to Gallacher - gone from first choice keeper to binned within a fortnight. He was far from the best goalie I've seen playing for Saints but he was also far from the worst (Scrimgour and Robertson spring immediately to mind) and I don't think he was quite as bad as some folk make out. Weird if he ends up at Hibs.

I reckon it's important to introduce these guys in a staggered fashion to help them gel as seamlessly as possible. There's absolutely no point in fielding every new player at the same time. 

To that extent I'd likely start a similar side as Saturday and perhaps only introduce one of the two new lads who are presumably signing tomorrow in place of McAllister. 

So you don't think new players need to gel or Rae's squad was horrific?

27 minutes ago, David Mc said:

So you don't think new players need to gel or Rae's squad was horrific?

They'll need time to get to know each other but it can't be offered up as an excuse if we have poor results. They'll need to gel quickly or it'll be too late.

Rae's squad was poor, don't think I said otherwise. If I did, I didn't mean to.

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

At the start of the season absolutely but when GS made the statement - absolutely not. Nearer probable than ridiculous. To me his statement is quite unequivocal, relegation will not see Ross sacked.

A bold statement mate considering JR is versus two Part teams and has been since Oct....... Now that is neg cause its only Jan, but for me " ridiculous" would mean he cant turn it round is the next 3 months............ hope this is never a convo we have to have..... Personally I like JR and really hopes he stays with us still in Championship...............................

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

A bold statement mate considering JR is versus two Part teams and has been since Oct....... Now that is neg cause its only Jan, but for me " ridiculous" would mean he cant turn it round is the next 3 months............ hope this is never a convo we have to have..... Personally I like JR and really hopes he stays with us still in Championship...............................

Seriously. Were you really in that much of a rush that you needed to write in gibberish?

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In your opinion..... thanks for the feedback Mr punctuation ....... try discussing .........

I honestly would have engaged but I found your utterings difficult to decipher. Also. I didn't criticise your punctuation. It may have been perfect.