Stephen McGinn

Sonny

3 hours ago, billyg said:

I wish there was a break from now until January , we are both brutal and soul destroying to watch. We desperately need battling midfielders who'll give the back line some protection , right now teams are waltzing through our midfield untouched. If this means no McGinn in the team then so be it , the teams league status means more than accommodating players who aren't performing , no matter how they played in a weaker league last season  !

I would play Jones in front of the back 4. He hasnt been given a proper chance yet. We are in danger of ruining our reputation with loan clubs if we dont give them a chance. This lad was captain of the reserves team surely worth  shot as holding player. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hodgson is a better option at left back than coulson but that's about as positive as I can be about him. McGinn a better option at right back and a fit eckersley better at left back.
In my opinion, obviously emoji6.png

Surely you cant ge serious about Eckersley?

first off i doubt he will play again for us. Hope for his sake he gets a clean bill of health, but he has been injury prome for a number of seasons now, and really isnt worth the risk. On top of that he was ok last season playing behind a midfield that could overrun most teams in that league, He would, imo be our worst possible option in this league, as he possesses neither pace, power, strength or tackling skills.

i know he's got a lot to say, but what we need is guys who have a lot of play in them. Sadly for him, his best is now behind him.

its only opinions, but I really dont think he should, or indeed will be near the team again.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Yep I tend to agree on Eckersley too.

I dont' think Kearney would have signed Hodson either.

Of the Stubbs signings though he is the only one I can give pass marks to, just.

Whats the facination with Adam Eckersley, he has never played above the Championship in this country

Guest TPAFKATS
Whats the facination with Adam Eckersley, he has never played above the Championship in this country
No fascination for me, I just think he's looked more solid at left back than Hodson does.

Whereas Hodson & Coulson both played champions league ??
I don’t think it’s a fascination , I think it’s more the fact that Hodson & Coulson are obviously not natural left backs and Eckersly is .
I do agree however that we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on Eckersly with his injury record .

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t think it’s a fascination , I think it’s more the fact that Hodson & Coulson are obviously not natural left backs and Eckersly is .
I do agree however that we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on Eckersly with his injury record .

I wouldnt pin anything on that ankle

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

No but Hodson has played internationals, I don't think any off the three are the answer, we are just not good enough as a unit.  Another issue for me is Willock, he got plenty of game time in a St Johnstone team that was a lot better last season than we are this one, yet can't make the bench.  I also feel young MacPherson is being hung out dry a bit, in that he is not ready to play at that level.

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Lots for discussion here , firstly we need a system in place that suits the players we have , secondly we need to work out how we can tighten the defence and score the odd goal .

We need hard working players all over the park ,  we also need a bit of height in the midfield area as we seem to lose everything in the air , 

We need a team of uninjured players.