Dumbarton v St Mirren - 4th Feb 2017

Jocky

1 minute ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Don't get me wrong, that's great news and I'm glad to hear it. But does no one else think it's odd this thing he does where he goes off with an apparent hamstring injury but is fine to play the following week?

Fair enough if it's a one off, he felt something and was taken off as a precaution. But this is the 3rd time it's happened (if he plays tomorrow) and we have ended up losing all 3 of those games. Maybe not so much of an issue now we have more cover.

I'm thinking he can't be warming up and stretching properly. 

I hope we return to the direct, high pressing game that was so effective against Dundee.

Stifle the game with our midfield 5, and force their back line to make mistakes, through pressure or winning the second and third ball high up the pitch.

Anything other than a win isn't good enough.

40 minutes ago, melmac said:

Great, club phones down so you cant speak to them to see if can pick up bought tickets the morra and they wont sell you tkts the morra, couldn't write this stuff.

Nightmare for the club to have the phones down before this important match and Dumbarton's weird ticketing. I bought my tickets  online today at 1.45 and the Club emailed me to say I could collect them up until 4 today from reception. I don't think it's possible to uplift tickets tomorrow unfortunately.

Edited by magnus

14 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:

If he is playing against us then I'm starting yo feel quite confident! emoji6.png

Not forgetting Carswell in midfield. Hopefully he'll be as effective for them as he was for us. Apparently known as 'The Ghost' when at Motherwell by some of their fans.

Due to illness I've got a spare ticket if anyone wants to PM me.

A couple of caveats though.

If you've behaved like a walloper on here, I've probably got you on ignore and that applies to PM's too.

Also, any communication in text speak can GTF.^_^

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

Due to illness I've got a spare ticket if anyone wants to PM me.

A couple of caveats though.

If you've behaved like a walloper on here, I've probably got you on ignore and that applies to PM's too.

Also, any communication in text speak can GTF.^_^

Gr8 m8, c ye 2 get the tckt. :clapping

Oh fk, I'm on ignore. :lol:

Every time I think we are going to win we lose, so been trying to temper my optimsim. It got burnt by Falkirk last week and QOTS a couple of weeks before that.

I expect Dumbarton to sit deep and be organised and seek to frustrate us. A tactic which works well for them and has worked against us several times recently.

I can see a low score draw tomorrow, which would not really be much use at all. If Ayr lose in Edinburgh it would be a baby step towards the playoffs though, which is better than nothing.

1-1

Is the away end a sell out then? Seems bonkers if there are spare tickets going that individuals like Zurich Alan and others couldn't get to the game because of Dumbarton's strange ticketing policy. I can't ever recall tickets for a St Mirren game not being on sale on the day of the game. Bonkers!

I was catching up with Jim, the usual barman at the 'Last Chance Saloon', and he was saying that they have a happy hour next week. I said that I'd probably miss it as I would be trying out the new pub down the road called 'Saints Alive!' 

Come on Saints - don't make me a liar!