Dumbarton v St Mirren - 4th Feb 2017

Jocky

12 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

still 12 games to play and two against Ayr win them and that leaves 10 games to overtake the 1 point difference.   Easy!!! Well the maths is.

We have two practice games next/ Lets practice winning.

There are 13 games left. So another 11 games to make up the 1 point. Easy peasy! 

Don't let anyone kid you on. There's two reasons we are cut off at the bottom of the second tier.

Firstly, it's the current BOD's poor management of the football club and secondly it's Jack Ross.

Had the BOD made the correct appointment in October we would be sifting comfortably safe. They didn't, and as a result we are sitting comfortably bottom.

Jack doesn't know what he's doing and this won't surprise anyone. Why would a rookie know what he's doing? I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's trying his best, sadly for us all he doesn't know how to manage a full time football club.

Don't let the BOD and SMISA cloud your judgment. Don't let them 'animal farm' you and let you believe its all the fault of the old regime. It's not. The reason we are where we are is because of them.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forms of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

They have cut the nose off and spited our face, and we will most likely be relegated as a result.

Was Gus MacPherson not a rookie?

A. I don't think SMISA are trying to cloud everyone's judgement.

B. Not entirely sure how SMISA are to blame!

The statements from the board repeatedly imply at all ills being inherited.

SMISA had a representative on the board which hired Ross.

What's going to happen here is the football club is going to be relegated to the third tier for the first time in our 140 year history. And when it is, the people who took this great club down to such a low level are going to blame it on someone else

And a good portion of the fan base will accept that. And the people who relegated us will get away with it.

1 hour ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Given the fact it has only just become jacks team with this transfer window and 9 or 10 in total coming in an tbe utter sheeeat the rae brought in almost gone how the heck is he to be held accountable in his FIRST game with HIS team and not some other muppets players. If you cant comprehend or see that it is now and only now become his team why bother supporting the paisley saints. Seriouslt what is your gripe or agenda with jack its been insesant since day 1 

If you take young boys like Jordan Stewart going out on loan, most of Rae's poor squad have moved upwards in the window with the exception of Kyle Hutton and Tom Walsh. We've taken a huge punt in the window and have a number of new players who have never played Scottish football before and a few who are seriously short of match fitness and also have to try and get a much changed starting XI to gel and hit the ground running.

The statements from the board repeatedly imply at all ills being inherited.

SMISA had a representative on the board which hired Ross.

What's going to happen here is the football club is going to be relegated to the third tier for the first time in our 140 year history. And when it is, the people who took this great club down to such a low level are going to blame it on someone else

And a good portion of the fan base will accept that. And the people who relegated us will get away with it.

Yeah, one representative. Not really sure that puts much blame at SMISA's door in all honesty.

I apportion blame as the old board got lazy, appointed TC, sacked TC, sold Kenny Mc to pay for their f**k up, they also saw two possible takeovers fall apart (my feeling being that the 5 weren't working as 5) and eventually sold up after also messing around with Teale and going with Murray. Rae came in, turned things round a bit and then single handedly destroyed the squad. Rae's record this season would have gotten him sacked anywhere, it was just rotten. So, in came JR to a squad that was performing poorly. From there, you can partially apportion blame to JR though you can also more so blame Gallacher, Langfield, Baird, Webster, Shankland, Clarkson and even Mallan on occasion and all for basic errors or just giving the impression they're playing in a legends 11 a side match in their 40s. I don't think anyone we could afford would have done a better job than Jack.

8 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Rae's record this season would have gotten him sacked anywhere, it was just rotten. 

Rae's record in this season's 6 league games was played 6, lost 3, drawn 3 - the same as Jack Ross's record in the last 6 league games. Gary Locke is still managing Raith with a record of 1 draw and 5 defeats in a row. Ayr have had 4 draws in 2 defeats in their last 6 league games.

One of the main differences between Rae and Ross is that for the most part Ross had McAllister, Quinn, MacKenzie, Morgan all fit for most of the league games when he was manager and yet has managed to get worse results with a better squad while getting plaudits for his attributes as a a manager while Rae remains a hate figure still shouldering the blame for our results more than 4 months after he was shown the door (and weeks after many of his signings are no longer at the club). Rae took pelters for signing Kyle Hutton, Ryan Hardie and Tom Walsh, players who didn't feature much after Ross's first month at the helm and yet results have not improved since they were jettisoned.

Rae's record in this season's 6 league games was played 6, lost 3, drawn 3 - the same as Jack Ross's record in the last 6 league games. Gary Locke is still managing Raith with a record of 1 draw and 5 defeats in a row. Ayr have had 4 draws in 2 defeats in their last 6 league games.

One of the main differences between Rae and Ross is that for the most part Ross had McAllister, Quinn, MacKenzie, Morgan all fit for most of the league games when he was manager and yet has managed to get worse results with a better squad while getting plaudits for his attributes as a a manager while Rae remains a hate figure still shouldering the blame for our results more than 4 months after he was shown the door (and weeks after many of his signings are no longer at the club). Rae took pelters for signing Kyle Hutton, Ryan Hardie and Tom Walsh, players who didn't feature much after Ross's first month at the helm and yet results have not improved since they were jettisoned.

I think hate figure is a bit strong. The comment is usually along the lines of "Ross has only just put a squad together, he was working with Rae's". That sort of analysis is seen the world over so it's hardly new on here. I will say that if he can't beat Ayr twice and Dumbarton at home then I'd have serious questions about him continuing.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Don't let anyone kid you on. There's two reasons we are cut off at the bottom of the second tier.

Firstly, it's the current BOD's poor management of the football club and secondly it's Jack Ross.

Had the BOD made the correct appointment in October we would be sifting comfortably safe. They didn't, and as a result we are sitting comfortably bottom.

Jack doesn't know what he's doing and this won't surprise anyone. Why would a rookie know what he's doing? I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's trying his best, sadly for us all he doesn't know how to manage a full time football club.

Don't let the BOD and SMISA cloud your judgment. Don't let them 'animal farm' you and let you believe its all the fault of the old regime. It's not. The reason we are where we are is because of them.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forms of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

They have cut the nose off and spited our face, and we will most likely be relegated as a result.

You know the worst thing about this season?

It's that our continued bad form has given you the oxygen to spend more than 5 bloody months polluting the forum with utter tripe like this. 

Edited by oaksoft

That's the 1st time I've been to a football game and witnessed somebody pissing in the sink at half time because the urinals were full, grim stuff.

That was piss poor yesterday but the pitch was terrible, the ball kept holding up all the time and I think it was a lot worse than it looked.

We missed Loy yesterday, Smith looks excellent and is always trying to make something happen.

Apart from Clarkson's goal he was absolutely dreadful, he didn't win a header or hold the ball up once, spends most of his time shouting at his team mates, I was all for dropping Sutton for Smith and Loy but I would never drop Sutton for Clarkson. 

It looks to me like Gary Irvine is garbage at left back and right back, it's time he had a spell on the bench.

9 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I noticed Christian Nade was wearing No.72, the same as The Refrigerator.

976328860b1a87c76716be608351b6d4.jpg

Nade was actually decent yesterday and caused us a lot problems, held the ball up all day and brought others into play, something Clarkson didn't do once.

Not a lot to take from this game with the exception of a point and that we are not further behind , these next two games as already been pointed out will give this new team the chance to gel. It also gives the hope that two decent wins can add a good bit of confidence to the team when we really need it the most . A lot still to play for here.

The first thing any new manager should do when he comes into a club in a crisis like we were was make us hard to beat and stop conceding so many goals. Jack Ross has failed to do that week after week whether it was with Alex Rae's squad or now his new squad. I appreciate some have only been in the door a few days but Jack Ross has to up his game massively el pronto. Games are fast running out and by the time we play Ayr in a few weeks they could be 10 points ahead of us. I genuinely think that's us as good as relegated.

The priority from day one should have been to stop the rot and save our season. Jack Ross said he was going to work with the players he had and make them the best they could be. He has failed to do that with any of the squad he inherited, I appreciate most were poor players but strikes of bad management skills in not being able to turn one or two round into decent performers.

Jack Ross has shown very little in his time that he has what it takes to salvage this season. I know it's easy to sit and take pot shots at him on an Internet forum but I am saying what I see and it's not good.

Losing the lead twice yesterday in such an important game is criminal. 2 points dropped.

There was a very large travelling support but before the game there was no Falkirk style positivy, togetherness and defiance rather a nervousness about the support. I think most fans feel we are down now.

It's a terrible time to be a buddie.:-(

We were all being urged to go and support the team cause the team need us say some of the supporters. This team deserved nothing from the supporters and from now on, they should be thrown out of the nice comfy training base they have and be made to train on waste ground like most p/t teams that they cant beat :angry:  Shower of useless c****

I keep searching for hope in this disaster of a season but the fact that Dumbarton and Ayr continue to pick up points, we still concede poor goals and our inconsistency remains, leaves me increasingly resigned to dropping down. Still time to turn it around but we are not getting the impact queens have had from new blood. Two cup games to sort ourselves out and then a massive game at Ayr.

16 minutes ago, renfrew said:

We were all being urged to go and support the team cause the team need us say some of the supporters. This team deserved nothing from the supporters and from now on, they should be thrown out of the nice comfy training base they have and be made to train on waste ground like most p/t teams that they cant beat :angry:  Shower of useless c****

However bad we are, I'm not convinced that making the players train in fields strewn with broken glass and dug shite is the answer. Nor is calling them a shower of useless cunts. The uncomfortable reality is that it isn't you or me who can potentially salvage this season. We need these guys to pull together and to believe that there is a cause worth fighting for. Do you genuinely believe that abusing them on here or anywhere else is going to support that?

Yes, we're not good enough, and, yes, we're most likely going down, but while there is still the remotest chance of us staying up, perhaps we should be circling the wagons rather than throwing anyone to the dogs, no?