Dumbarton v St Mirren - 4th Feb 2017

Jocky

1 minute ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Facts state that rae didnt have SIX games he had half the previous season. And given that he was the previous boards appointment one of many honking ones. Its also a fact most new boards want their own choice of manager thus they can then be held accountqble by their own actions not those of someone they had no say in. 

I seem to remember that Rae didnt pick the team he inherited on his appointment, but managed to steer us to safety. Ross is doing to us what he did to Alloa, only he's spending a shit load more money in the act. But hey maybe he will take us on a run to safety now..?

Given the fact it has only just become jacks team with this transfer window and 9 or 10 in total coming in an tbe utter sheeeat the rae brought in almost gone how the heck is he to be held accountable in his FIRST game with HIS team and not some other muppets players. If you cant comprehend or see that it is now and only now become his team why bother supporting the paisley saints. Seriouslt what is your gripe or agenda with jack its been insesant since day 1 

If Ross was unable to get performances out the team he shouldn't have been appointed, we needed a candidate that was going to focus on results immediately. Simple as that, by accepting that its not his team, we pretty much accepted our fate after 6 games. It also goes a long way as to why his CV will have two relegations on his 3 year managerial stint.

There's too much focus on things other than results at the club. First team results are the only thing that matters.

2 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Given the fact it has only just become jacks team with this transfer window and 9 or 10 in total coming in an tbe utter sheeeat the rae brought in almost gone how the heck is he to be held accountable in his FIRST game with HIS team and not some other muppets players. If you cant comprehend or see that it is now and only now become his team why bother supporting the paisley saints. Seriouslt what is your gripe or agenda with jack its been insesant since day 1 

Show me any other walk of life where a new managers gets to take charge of a group of employees and be absolved from blame until he gets to replace them all bud?

The players might not have been great but they should all have been capable of being above part time teams in the second level of Scottish football. 

If Jack genuinely wasn't able to do anything with the squad he inherited then sacking Rae was pointless.

No, he is entitled to bring in his own players but everything that has happened since the day he took over is on him, just like it would have been if he had turned things around and got us winning games. 

Honestly bud if we had gone on a great run after he came in, would you have been praising Rae or for that matter did Rae going on a run with Murrays players mean the success was down to Ian?

Jack sets out the team formation, tactics and training. Jack deserves any criticism as much as he would praise.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I seem to remember that Rae didnt pick the team he inherited on his appointment, but managed to steer us to safety. Ross is doing to us what he did to Alloa, only he's spending a shit load more money in the act. But hey maybe he will take us on a run to safety now..?

Think you will find alloa were already down or pretty much as good as when ross took over so fate was destined. We are still in with a big shout so should we nlt be getting behind the team instead if this sheeeaat of such and such is garbage and should be held accountable blah friggin blah. On here we are all supposed to be st mirren supporters so a novelty wpuld ne to do just that support them. Given we have kust brought in 10 new plqyers in 4 weeks dont we think they need our support  

3 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Show me any other walk of life where a new managers gets to take charge of a group of employees and be absolved from blame until he gets to replace them all bud?

The players might not have been great but they should all have been capable of being above part time teams in the second level of Scottish football. 

If Jack genuinely wasn't able to do anything with the squad he inherited then sacking Rae was pointless.

No, he is entitled to bring in his own players but everything that has happened since the day he took over is on him, just like it would have been if he had turned things around and got us winning games. 

Honestly bud if we had gone on a great run after he came in, would you have been praising Rae or for that matter did Rae going on a run with Murrays players mean the success was down to Ian?

Jack sets out the team formation, tactics and training. Jack deserves any criticism as much as he would praise.

You are right to a point but given everyone and their blind dog openly admitted to the team being so lop sided what can he do we all know round holes amd square pegs dont mix

And in any other walk of life a new manager will try and fix the crap staff of not replace them with new staff which jack has just done 10 in the last 4 weeks 

Don't let anyone kid you on. There's two reasons we are cut off at the bottom of the second tier.

Firstly, it's the current BOD's poor management of the football club and secondly it's Jack Ross.

Had the BOD made the correct appointment in October we would be sifting comfortably safe. They didn't, and as a result we are sitting comfortably bottom.

Jack doesn't know what he's doing and this won't surprise anyone. Why would a rookie know what he's doing? I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's trying his best, sadly for us all he doesn't know how to manage a full time football club.

Don't let the BOD and SMISA cloud your judgment. Don't let them 'animal farm' you and let you believe its all the fault of the old regime. It's not. The reason we are where we are is because of them.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forms of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

They have cut the nose off and spited our face, and we will most likely be relegated as a result.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Don't let anyone kid you on. There's two reasons we are cut off at the bottom of the second tier.

Firstly, it's the current BOD's poor management of the football club and secondly it's Jack Ross.

Had the BOD made the correct appointment in October we would be sifting comfortably safe. They didn't, and as a result we are sitting comfortably bottom.

Jack doesn't know what he's doing and this won't surprise anyone. Why would a rookie know what he's doing? I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's trying his best, sadly for us all he doesn't know how to manage a full time football club.

Don't let the BOD and SMISA cloud your judgment. Don't let them 'animal farm' you and let you believe its all the fault of the old regime. It's not. The reason we are where we are is because of them.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forums of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

They have cut the nose off and spited our face, and we will most likely be relegated as a result.

Both Gus and Alex Ferguson were rookies when they managed us. In fact Gus was a bigger rookie than Jack Ross.

Edited by Kendo

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forums of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

On the verge of tears^^^^^^^^^:lol::lol::lol:

Tend to agree on your reading of the game. Winning at Ayr certainly won't be easy, but not impossible. 
Win our next 3 games and our season could look much better.

St.Ricky....the grass must be so green, the sky so blue, the sun so yellow in your world. I genuinely would love to live in your world. No poverty, everyone happy, people dancing and holding hands. I think your over optimistic look at how our season might unfold is slightly unrealistic. I hope I am wrong.

That's me accepted relegation. Will still take out the season ticket and hope Jack Ross leads us. Anger no, sad yes. That's all folks. 

It's more about a must win next week. IF that happens then we aim for tipping Ayr and surviving a play off. That's as good as it might get.
That said, this team is lacking guile, nous, muscle and most importantly , belief.
The place is about to go down and round the u bend with barely a flush. Next week is the last chance saloon. Lose, the club is done for.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

i will NEVER accept relegation until its mathematically impossible for us to be safe.

still 12 games to play and two against Ayr win them and that leaves 10 games to overtake the 1 point difference.   Easy!!! Well the maths is.

We have two practice games next/ Lets practice winning.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forms of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

Utter mince

40 minutes ago, TopCat said:

:lol:

A. I don't think SMISA are trying to cloud everyone's judgement.

B. Not entirely sure how SMISA are to blame!