It's Cammy Smith

56 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Thought Smith looked a class act but was a bit wasted out wide. He is fast, direct , has good ball control and likes to shoot. Would like to see him playing in his preferred position of through the middle.

He was busy but there was no final ball. I felt he lost possession on many occasions. Maybe because of where he was deployed but he tended to run into trouble. I'll cut him some slack as he's a newbie in a team full of newbies.

I think its quite easy to defend against our forward line. We are static and slow. Falkirk's forward line showed us how to do it with space, movement and passing to feet. I admit our defence is shit but their forward play was miles better than ours.

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think its quite easy to defend against our forward line. We are static and slow. Falkirk's forward line showed us how to do it with space, movement and passing to feet. I admit our defence is shit but their forward play was miles better than ours.

That's a point that was made on the match day thread also. You could have thrown a blanket over Sutton & Loy at times yesterday,  Loy in particular seemed unsure or unable to play the twin role .

If Smith was to play alongside one or the other it would give us a bit more pace and guile upfront

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Please, please, please play Smith through the middle. The guy is wasted playing out wide. Loves to attack players and have a shot. He is more direct than anyone else in the team.

Aye, that was very evident in Saturday. We're a bit light in the wide areas, though. Who would play wide right?

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, that was very evident in Saturday. We're a bit light in the wide areas, though. Who would play wide right?

Cammy would be better for the team to be through the middle.. Personally I think we have been playing with two wingers who are hugging the touchline and leaving the middle exposed. Another more 'midfield' type player on the right would do me - maybe Mallan or Todd would do a job there - takes the pressure off Mallan a bit.

The guy was our most dangerous player at Dumbarton. He set up the first goal, won us the corner that led to the 2nd and had one cleared off the line in the first half. I see no reason to change his position for now. He was a stand out in the position he was playing. I think if we changed the middle man to Sutton or Loy they could profit from his cut backs etc

Edited by YardleyBoom

32 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Give Loy , Smith and Sutton a run up front , Mallan playing just behind , and McGinn and Storie as holding midfielders , with an option of bringing Morgan on for Sutton for the last quarter , and moving Smith to a more central position to accommodate that .

Sounds great as long as we stop ;leaking goals, that's whats killing us 

7 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Give Loy , Smith and Sutton a run up front , Mallan playing just behind , and McGinn and Storie as holding midfielders , with an option of bringing Morgan on for Sutton for the last quarter , and moving Smith to a more central position to accommodate that .

Agree. Not sure what JR is seeing though. Clarkson started on Sat !!!. For me Storrie was lucky to stay on the park on Sat, looks a bit of a loose cannon.

Losing abysmal goals. If that keeps up we are down. I think we are down anyway if Ayr beat Dumbarton on Sat

Edited by lenziebud