January Window

If the players gel and we get out of this we may look at the games against Morton and QOS in a different light, if we'd fluked results in those games there might have been a false sense of security but the abject failure of the players in those games meant drastic action was required.

It'll be unusual to be well ahead of the game in the January transfer window. I was getting used to the , "Don't bother waiting up till the window shuts", routine. At least if that's the case this year it'll be because we did some REAL business in plenty of time. Organised? Whit's that all aboot? Start on Saturday with a bang!

But..... Being used to Saints, I'm still at the stage of hoping it's not a damp squib.

Edited by stlucifer
'Cause ah wanted to

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It'll be unusual to be well ahead of the game in the January transfer window. I was getting used to the , "Don't bother waiting up till the window shuts", routine. At least if that's the case this year it'll be because we did some REAL business in plenty of time. Organised? Whit's that all aboot? The future looks hopeful.

But..... Being used to Saints, I'm still at the stage of hoping it's not a damp squib.

Yup. In years gone by we'd all be sitting there, holding our breath for something, anything to cling onto only to be subject to disappointment time after time. 

To have so much business completed with a week to go is both refreshing and encouraging. 

Even if we do suffer the blow of losing Mallan on deadline day,  we at least have ensured at worst, we're well covered in the middle of the park. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

So far

Out:
Gallagher
Gallacher
Hardie
Naismith
Walsh
Shankland
McAllister (soon to be)
Hutton

In
O Brien
Demetriou
Fjelde
Smith
Storrie
Loy
McGinn
Todd

Incredible turnaround in players and Jack and James must have put a fair few hours in to tie these deals up.

Linkedin deserves most of the credit.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

If the players gel and we get out of this we may look at the games against Morton and QOS in a different light, if we'd fluked results in those games there might have been a false sense of security but the abject failure of the players in those games meant drastic action was required.

I'd love a shot at spinning that on P&B once we stay up... that it was the Morton defeat that forced our hand and helped us turn a corner.

Our hygienically-challenged friends would love that.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

This was obviously the plan all along :ph34r:

All seems very quiet now - is that the end of business for us?

A slow start to the window let QotS thrash us on the seventh and essentially secure their safety.

Since then there's been 8 in and 7 out - 1 sold and 6 freed. What strikes me about the frees is that 5 out of the 6 have gone to clubs currently doing better then us despite all of them being denigrated on the forum to varying degrees. :unsure: 

We certainly look stronger now than when the window opened, although realistically only Ayr Utd. who AFAIK have done no business so far are within catching distance now. The downside is that we still don't seem to have two reliable CH's or a LB JR rates above Irvine. :wacko:

All in all pretty meh and I guess we're down to looking for 6 pts. in the 2 H2H games against Ayr - fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, buddygreat said:

Too many new players. Then played most of them on Saturday. Can't say too many changes cost us the game as we've only won two!..theres a real sense of panic being shown by Jack..i had great faith in him getting us out of trouble 

If Ross had done nothing in the window and hid behind having Rae's squad to shield him then I'd be concerned.  It might not work but at least he's trying something.

this satarday is it we win we have a chance we lose

its over 

start building and blooding more youth players 

and start from scatch 

those that want to stay great ,

been coming for years this disaster since danny binned fiasco

our time will  come again 

in adversity greatness comes along