January Window

Annan website says they have signed Jordan Stewart. No idea if it's permanent or on loan.

Bit more about the Sunderland guy we missed out on: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/hartlepool-united-snap-up-sunderland-youngster-on-loan-1-8364170

EDIT: Our website says Stewart is a loan deal. Should do well at that level.

Edited by Stu

6 hours ago, David Mc said:

Really pleased we have brought in some experience who are hopefully talkers as the signings up to McGinn are mainly younger. Fingers tightly crossed now.

Think there's a clear cut off point (Loy aside) between signings before and after selling McAllister.

A lot of unknown quantities in there who may or may not work out and the obvious difference maker in the form of Rory Loy. Since Kyle went though, McGinn, Smith, Eckersley and Davis are all potential game changers for us for one reason or another. 

We now have the spine of what looks like a very solid team. They must hit the ground running now.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Think there's a clear cut off point (Loy aside) between signings before and after selling McAllister.

A lot of unknown quantities in there who may or may not work out and the obvious difference maker in the form of Rory Loy. Since Kyle went though, McGinn, Smith, Eckersley and Davis are all potential game changers for us for one reason or another. 

We now have the spine of what looks like a very solid team. They must hit the ground running now.

mmmm

O'Brien & Storie were pretty solid signings IMO. Todd has been a regular in a side above us in the league while the Norwegian bloke has been playing regularly in Norway's top tier.

Just because they are "unknown quantities" to you doesn't mean that they aren't good! :lol:

:1eye

5 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

mmmm

O'Brien & Storie were pretty solid signings IMO. Todd has been a regular in a side above us in the league while the Norwegian bloke has been playing regularly in Norway's top tier.

Just because they are "unknown quantities" to you doesn't mean that they aren't good! :lol:

:1eye

O'Brien has never played a first team football match before signing for us. Storie has had a handful of first team appearances for Aberdeen. Todd has been playing part time on amateur terms since leaving Carlisle and Fjelde's 'top tier' side just got relegated from the Norweigan second division.

I'm not slating any of these signings or dismissing their ability as I simply haven't seen much of them but are you really comparing that to the experience we've signed since McAllister left? I'm purely talking in terms of experience and what could have been perceived as a 'risk' compared to a slew of solid signings.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

O'Brien has never played a first team football match before signing for us. Storie has had a handful of first team appearances for Aberdeen. Todd has been playing part time on amateur terms since leaving Carlisle and Fjelde's 'top tier' side just got relegated from the Norweigan second division.

I'm not slating any of these signings or dismissing their ability as I simply haven't seen much of them but are you really comparing that to the experience we've signed since McAllister left? I'm purely talking in terms of experience and what could have been perceived as a 'risk' compared to a slew of solid signings.

You didn't use the word "experience" in your post that I quoted!

If we are talking experience however, then I'm pretty sure that the standard of player that O'Brien has been facing has at least been on a par with what is on offer in the Scottish Championship! :lol:

Todd may have been on part time amateur terms but his "experience" this season is playing against exactly the SAME as opposition as he will be now he's joined us!

Fjelde's side may have been relegated his "experience" has still been of playing in their top tier!

The recent experience of McGinn and Eckersley has been a lot of injuries! Smith's recent experience has been that of a sub with another Championship side!

As I said, they don't become a "risk" just because you personally haven't seen them play! :lol:

I think Todd will be a decent player for us. Had played in all Dumbarton's games and apparently was a standout in the U20 game this week scoring 2 goals in a 2-1 victory over  Dundee Utd. Stelios was playing right back and also had an excellent game. Stelios hadn't played since November so was a bit rusty to go straight into the team at the weekend there.

If nothing else, there has been almost a new team signed recently and although Saturdays display was woeful, maybe the addition of the last few recruits can make a difference against Dumbarton. Its not a place I have many memories of victories in the past but if we don't win - a draw is no use - its almost certainly curtains. Heaven knows what will happen to JR after being given free rein in the window if we fail. Wont be going but nervously listening to updates on wireless with fingers crossed. Good luck to the new players, hope they show the fight sorely lacking up till now.