January Window

22 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Left back coming in - Adam Eckersley. One more possibly coming in...

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Probably the last throw of the dice today . Let's hope it's a good one (or two ) . 

Wikipidia

"Eckersley credited Alex Ferguson for helping him to stop gambling after Ferguson grew concerned about Eckersley's habit; Eckersley stopped playing poker after Ferguson told him a story about Keith Gillespie and his gambling habit.[31]

He certainly has experience. If we land hiim I hope  he's  gambling on us staying up and he's a winner.

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Wikipidia

"Eckersley credited Alex Ferguson for helping him to stop gambling after Ferguson grew concerned about Eckersley's habit; Eckersley stopped playing poker after Ferguson told him a story about Keith Gillespie and his gambling habit.[31]

He certainly has experience. If we land hiim I hope  he's  gambling on us staying up and he's a winner.

:(

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

:(

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Wikipidia

It all depends on Jack Ross and how happy he is with squad he has built very quickly.  Does he stick or twist on this deal?

10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

A bit underwhelmed by the prospect of signing Eckersley, 30+, currently unattached and not fit enough to play for Hibs, his last British club last season - got a touch of the Camara/Djemba-Djemba's about it.

Has more the feeling of Granny Danger about it, to me.

Look at the double injury a certain centre half playing regularly for Hibs recovered from, though. Darren somebody? Looked career threatening at one stage, but hasn't stopped him featuring in the team currently running away with this league.

We should probably reserve judgement on this player. He has played at a decent level, knows the game here, and is too young to be simply coasting to the end of his career (hopefully).

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

If there isn't a quality centre back to be had I would stick with the current squad as is.  Any extra money I would put together on a collective avoid relegation bonus.

The bonus for most of the squad would be getting a new contract in the Championship as all the new signings and the rest only have contracts until the end of the season. Surely keeping your job is enough of a bonus. Pay for a new CB instead :)

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The bonus for most of the squad would be getting a new contract in the Championship as all the new signings and the rest only have contracts until the end of the season. Surely keeping your job is enough of a bonus. Pay for a new CB instead :)

Yu would think Sonny... But these are footballers we are talking about 

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It's a good bonus yeah but an extra few thousand on top of that won't go a miss I'm sure.  Otherwise why would any club offer such a bonus?