Jacks Ross's team now.

ged62

16 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Maybe due to extra money a chance to get their first choice?

Also better to have a back up anyway

Could be and as you say good to have choices. His wee interview piece in Saturdays programme made me think he liked to get stuck in and enjoyed tackling - seemed right up for it.

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

To replace the other new left back who has already been deemed a 'mistake' by the management team.

I must have missed that interview / statement /quote Bud .  Perhaps you could post a link where that was said..... or even hinted at ?

Or perhaps you`re just another full of shit so called supporter who enjoys making things up to cause unrest ?

I must have missed that interview / statement /quote Bud .  Perhaps you could post a link where that was said..... or even hinted at ?
Or perhaps you`re just another full of shit so called supporter who enjoys making things up to cause unrest ?

I got it from a reasonable source. As for the abuse...... whatever mate.

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

To replace the other new left back who has already been deemed a 'mistake' by the management team.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Stelios has been excellent by all accounts, the main dilemma they have is whether to play him right or left back as he's very comfortable with both feet.

The manager went with the same defence that played so well in Dundee. It didn't work out as planned obviously but if he had changed the defence and we got beat then he'd have been slaughtered for tinkering. The life of a football manager.

I'd expect a few changes in the defence next weekend.

Stelios has been excellent by all accounts, the main dilemma they have is whether to play him right or left back as he's very comfortable with both feet.
The manager went with the same defence that played so well in Dundee. It didn't work out as planned obviously but if he had changed the defence and we got beat then he'd have been slaughtered for tinkering. The life of a football manager.

Fair enough. I heard a lot of rubbish then [emoji52]

25 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

I got it from a reasonable source. As for the abuse...... whatever mate.

No abuse Bud, simply me pondering ?   You did notice that it was a question i posed ?

Cant for the life of me understand why some people seem intent in undermining anything that happens with the club.

38 minutes ago, div said:

Well then it's a "no-brainer" or should be as Irvine isn't comfortable with both feet.

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 1/27/2017 at 8:53 AM, smcc said:

I think that we will have to give the new players time to settle in and to get used to each other. Improvement will take time.

By the way, I see that Isma is on the point of signing for Hearts.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, bazil85 said:

No excuses? Because 8 new players that have never played together before don't get any time at all to come together as a team? 

I think that's a bit too much pressure on them.  I have faith we'll stay up but if we don't then I would still be retaining Ross. 

We demand instant positive results. The instanter the better otherwise those failing the club and supporters must be murdered. :wink:

No abuse Bud, simply me pondering ?   You did notice that it was a question i posed ?
Cant for the life of me understand why some people seem intent in undermining anything that happens with the club.

You would be surprised then who I heard it from. It wasn't just a fellow fan.

But it's good to hear it's not true and hopefully he'll be in the team soon.

5 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

We demand instant positive results. The instanter the better otherwise those failing the club and supporters must be murdered. :wink:

QotS got fairly quick results - from being bottom of the form league in November & December they've had 7 points from 12 this month and that includes playing Hibs & Dundee Utd.

On 29/01/2017 at 10:41 AM, Lord Pityme said:

What strikes me now is even on this forum you will struggle to find two fans who agree what our line up, formation and tactics should be. Ross has used/tried every player he could get on the pitch, swapped out almost a team, and still cant make us competitive. No wonder the players dont seem to know what to do, where to play etc...

I dont think he has. The back four have been the same since Ross came in albeit injuries & suspensions forcing changes. Its only now that we have more depth that he can try to be a bit experimental but tbh there isnt time for this now, we need to know what works and what doesnt and stick with it. The midfield up until the transfer window remained pretty much unchanged for the best part of Ross's earlier weeks in charge and i cant remember a game where John Sutton hasn't been the lone striker.

The problems he's had up until now is that the quality of players at his disposal weren't good enough to allow rotation and that's why so many have gone. There were positives from Saturday, up until the first goal we looked to be in command, Falkirk are always a hard team to beat if you go behind. PH (w**k that he is) does organise a team very well.

Hopefully Saturday can be put down to new players needing time to gel and we see improvements this week?

1 hour ago, 87Bud13 said:

I dont think he has. The back four have been the same since Ross came in albeit injuries & suspensions forcing changes. Its only now that we have more depth that he can try to be a bit experimental but tbh there isnt time for this now, we need to know what works and what doesnt and stick with it. The midfield up until the transfer window remained pretty much unchanged for the best part of Ross's earlier weeks in charge and i cant remember a game where John Sutton hasn't been the lone striker.

The problems he's had up until now is that the quality of players at his disposal weren't good enough to allow rotation and that's why so many have gone. There were positives from Saturday, up until the first goal we looked to be in command, Falkirk are always a hard team to beat if you go behind. PH (w**k that he is) does organise a team very well.

Hopefully Saturday can be put down to new players needing time to gel and we see improvements this week?

Agree with some of your observations, but Ross has tried every youth player feasible, as well as Hutton, persisted with Hardie and Shankland, gave Walsh his chances, swapped the keeper back and forth,  now on our third, first choice keeper, dropped and brought back, Baird, Webster and Clarkson, and has now moved on Naismith and McCallister who were both regulars.

if, as posters here say we need consitency in management, surely we need it on the pitch too in selection and formation?

as you rightly say that fud PH actually has a system, maybe two? And he picks, and sticks with the players he can make work in it. We are all over the feckin place in selection and formation, with it very difficult other than a lob to Sutton being able to see what system Ross is trying to play.

for me on saturday having gone with the wide men Morgan & Smith i cant for the life of me work out why they werent being made to hit the byeline at every attempt to cross to Sutton whose strengths are outmuscling and outthinking defences. Chipping it on from outside the box for him to chase is a waste. He cant run for a bus now.

will he change again, drop Sutton and play Smith off Loy? He couldnt make it work when he tried to do that with Shankland, Hardie or Clarkson.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Agree with some of your observations, but Ross has tried every youth player feasible, as well as Hutton, persisted with Hardie and Shankland, gave Walsh his chances, swapped the keeper back and forth,  now on our third, first choice keeper, dropped and brought back, Baird, Webster and Clarkson, and has now moved on Naismith and McCallister who were both regulars.

if, as posters here say we need consitency in management, surely we need it on the pitch too in selection and formation?

as you rightly say that fud PH actually has a system, maybe two? And he picks, and sticks with the players he can make work in it. We are all over the feckin place in selection and formation, with it very difficult other than a lob to Sutton being able to see what system Ross is trying to play.

for me on saturday having gone with the wide men Morgan & Smith i cant for the life of me work out why they werent being made to hit the byeline at every attempt to cross to Sutton whose strengths are outmuscling and outthinking defences. Chipping it on from outside the box for him to chase is a waste. He cant run for a bus now.

will he change again, drop Sutton and play Smith off Loy? He couldnt make it work when he tried to do that with Shankland, Hardie or Clarkson.

You'd rather he stuck with the same team, regardless of results? Ross tried to give the players at his disposal a chance, and although the performances were better in my opinion, results didn't follow with any regularity.

Now, with the advent of the transfer window, and having seen the squad for 3+ months, he decided to get rid of those he didn't see helping us, and bring in players he thinks will improve the results. IF results don't improve, expect us to keep making adjustments, trying to make it happen.

Sutton was poor on Saturday, so it wouldn't surprise me if he tried another combination. The fact that it didn't work with the strikers he had at his disposal before is utterly irrelevant.

Why sign a LB then continue with a RB at LB who has been poor there all season and while that is happening the RB slot has been given to someone who we were told was a CB cum holding midfielder. Get the basics right first play players in their natural positions.

I liked the Norwegian kid. I would play the London Cypriot at LB, Baird and the Fjelde in middle and the White Cafu at RB. That would have a shape about it. Square pegs in square holes. Irvine is not a bad player, he is not a right back.

Totally agree. I like Ross, I like the way he comes across but I fully sentiment your points.