St Mirren TV

Guys that was an extremely frustrating watch today. First half full of refresh countdowns , second half none stop freezing with commentary most of which was out of time with the picture. I thought maybe it was my wifi connection so checked Youtube which worked fine. I understand this is a training course for students is there not any lecturers on hand for guidance. 

• 1 year later...
Guys that was an extremely frustrating watch today. First half full of refresh countdowns , second half none stop freezing with commentary most of which was out of time with the picture. I thought maybe it was my wifi connection so checked Youtube which worked fine. I understand this is a training course for students is there not any lecturers on hand for guidance. 

This has been my experience the last two home games. I emailed the club but no response back yet. I must have had to log back in about 10 times during the game, constant freezing and commentary out of sync. I’ve used many other clubs tv services this season for away games and all have worked perfectly. Anyone else having problems?

I don’t care about getting my money back I just want a service that actually works.

13 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

This has been my experience the last two home games. I emailed the club but no response back yet. I must have had to log back in about 10 times during the game, constant freezing and commentary out of sync. I’ve used many other clubs tv services this season for away games and all have worked perfectly. Anyone else having problems?

I don’t care about getting my money back I just want a service that actually works.

Check the match day thread, there were at least a couple of people who had similar problems.

I've used it a few times this season, not Saturday, and it's been, overall, ok, although their have been a few "freezing" issues which have, eventually, cleared.

I've also used other clubs TV services and they have been a different class. 

Are the people that are experiencing problems using a VPN? If so that may be the issue. Apparently the use of a VPN can massively slow down your broadband speed and therefore the quality of your stream. 

In my experience I tend to be fine for the first half and then start getting freezing screens during the second half. Saturday wasn’t too bad. Think I only had to log in again twice. 

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are the people that are experiencing problems using a VPN? If so that may be the issue. Apparently the use of a VPN can massively slow down your broadband speed and therefore the quality of your stream. 

In my experience I tend to be fine for the first half and then start getting freezing screens during the second half. Saturday wasn’t too bad. Think I only had to log in again twice. 

If you can, choose a "country" that is close as explained below.

The distance between your location and a VPN server is one of the key factors determining the Internet speed. For example, if you’re in the UK and you’re connecting to a server in Australia, it is a substantial distance for a data packet to travel. So the nearer a server is located, the faster the Internet speed will be.

Unless you need to connect to a server in specific location, it is better to choose VPN servers in nearby countries, including yours. To squeeze out the maximum, search for a high speed VPN service provider with broad country coverage and a large number of servers, such as NordVPN that offers 5115 servers in 62 countries.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If you can, choose a "country" that is close as explained below.

The distance between your location and a VPN server is one of the key factors determining the Internet speed. For example, if you’re in the UK and you’re connecting to a server in Australia, it is a substantial distance for a data packet to travel. So the nearer a server is located, the faster the Internet speed will be.

Unless you need to connect to a server in specific location, it is better to choose VPN servers in nearby countries, including yours. To squeeze out the maximum, search for a high speed VPN service provider with broad country coverage and a large number of servers, such as NordVPN that offers 5115 servers in 62 countries.

This season I've been using "browsec" VPN as a Chrome extension. It doesn't give you much choice but it's free. I connect via The Netherlands, can't get much closer, and I've had no problems watching this season

5 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

This season I've been using "browsec" VPN as a Chrome extension. It doesn't give you much choice but it's free. I connect via The Netherlands, can't get much closer, and I've had no problems watching this season

I use "Betternet", doesn't let you choose for the free version, slows down my connection considerably.

I just done a check, before VPN, around 27 Mb, after, down to 8 Mb which is still enough to allow streaming with no freezing. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I use "Betternet", doesn't let you choose for the free version, slows down my connection considerably.

I just done a check, before VPN, around 27 Mb, after, down to 8 Mb which is still enough to allow streaming with no freezing. 

Just checked mine. I use speedtest.net which was recommended by a virginmedia engineer , and got 82Mb before and 22Mb after connecting to VPN so distance does make a difference. Both round about 25% of original speeds

5 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Just checked mine. I use speedtest.net which was recommended by a virginmedia engineer , and got 82Mb before and 22Mb after connecting to VPN so distance does make a difference. Both round about 25% of original speeds

I'm assuming you have cable, I'm out on the edge of town, only recently got fibre so quite happy the majority of time.

Changed days from "dial up".......................:lol:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm assuming you have cable, I'm out on the edge of town, only recently got fibre so quite happy the majority of time.

Changed days from "dial up".......................:lol:

Is Arbroath overseas? 

Maybe in the less favourable parts of town?