St Mirren TV

On 1/30/2017 at 5:07 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Egypt. 

Strangely IOBS,  I have been invited to present at a conference in Egypt in December. 

Bit warmer than here and I won't miss a game unless I stay on for a day or two.  I could then watch St Mirren TV from Egypt. 

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

If you can, choose a "country" that is close as explained below.

The distance between your location and a VPN server is one of the key factors determining the Internet speed. For example, if you’re in the UK and you’re connecting to a server in Australia, it is a substantial distance for a data packet to travel. So the nearer a server is located, the faster the Internet speed will be.

Unless you need to connect to a server in specific location, it is better to choose VPN servers in nearby countries, including yours. To squeeze out the maximum, search for a high speed VPN service provider with broad country coverage and a large number of servers, such as NordVPN that offers 5115 servers in 62 countries.

Yes I was originally using France (obviously the closest for me) and it used to be fine. Now for some reason when I choose France, I don’t get the option to purchase on St. Mirren TV.  It’s like it still thinks I’m in the UK i.e. like the VPN isn’t working. So I have to choose Germany which does work, but then gives me the freezing issues. It’s a pain in the arse.

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Strangely IOBS,  I have been invited to present at a conference in Egypt in December. 

Bit warmer than here and I won't miss a game unless I stay on for a day or two.  I could then watch St Mirren TV from Egypt. 

You are experienced traveling  be very careful over there . Be safe. 

1 minute ago, Mearns Saint said:

It can’t just be to do with VPN speed though as the other clubs tv streams work absolutely fine.

Agreed, also if you can stream other videos from other sites that would indicate the problem is at source.

TBH as the rest of the production is still so amateurish it wouldn't surprise me as they are pretty poor all round.  

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed, also if you can stream other videos from other sites that would indicate the problem is at source.

TBH as the rest of the production is still so amateurish it wouldn't surprise me as they are pretty poor all round.  

It's students Paisley University not Sky TV. I had no problem when watching in Brazil, West Africa , Egypt or the far East on holiday. Why don't you contact them ? 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's students Paisley University not Sky TV. I had no problem when watching in Brazil, West Africa , Egypt or the far East on holiday. Why don't you contact them ? 

I'm well aware they are students who are charging the going rate, which, as many have said, is poor.

Are you really suggesting that, as they are students, people should accept a poor product when they are paying for it? :lol:

Contact them............................you really think that would change things? 

Why, might I ask, are you replying to my post? :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

9 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You are experienced traveling  be very careful over there . Be safe. 

Last time I was in Cairo, I was given the use of a blacked out Mercedes,  driver and armed bodyguard. Hotel and conference facilities had tight security, car searches etc.  One advantage I hadn't envisaged was being taken to the front of the queue at the Pyramids by the bodyguard. Good advice though. 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Last time I was in Cairo, I was given the use of a blacked out Mercedes,  driver and armed bodyguard. Hotel and conference facilities had tight security, car searches etc.  One advantage I hadn't envisaged was being taken to the front of the queue at the Pyramids by the bodyguard. Good advice though. 

Going into the Pyramid is quite an experience, very hot then you get to the kings chamber and it's cool. Such a marvel not to be forgotten.  

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Going into the Pyramid is quite an experience, very hot then you get to the kings chamber and it's cool. Such a marvel not to be forgotten.  

Correct. This visit, should I accept,  also means a visit to Alexandria here the Ancient Lighthouse Stood as one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World.  

Back to SMTV. I'm sure that the students involved would welcome constructive feedback. 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Correct. This visit, should I accept,  also means a visit to Alexandria here the Ancient Lighthouse Stood as one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World.  

Back to SMTV. I'm sure that the students involved would welcome constructive feedback. 

Worked in Alexandria for 4 month last year. At the lighthouse is a Greek restaurant strongly recommend it great for seafood with great views on the balcony.  

The point of this is to give students experience in broadcasting, while giving Saints fans a chance to follow the team from afar. Any money made will go into the club, after repaying the initial outlay for the equipment etc which was made by the Uni I believe. Some just love the opportunity to moan...

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The point of this is to give students experience in broadcasting, while giving Saints fans a chance to follow the team from afar. Any money made will go into the club, after repaying the initial outlay for the equipment etc which was made by the Uni I believe. Some just love the opportunity to moan...

I get the experience bit but, surely, as they are charging a fee it isn't it reasonable to expect a decent service?

Other clubs, as has been mentioned, provide an excellent service, St Mirren should be doing this also.

I might suggest it's not just an opportunity to moan when you pay for something that's not up to standard. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I get the experience bit but, surely, as they are charging a fee it isn't it reasonable to expect a decent service?

Other clubs, as has been mentioned, provide an excellent service, St Mirren should be doing this also.

I might suggest it's not just an opportunity to moan when you pay for something that's not up to standard. 

Our fans seem to love moaning. When you're paying minimal amounts to the club for things such as this and Buddievision, it's another small way of putting money into the club, of giving support. I just don't understand people who whinge and moan about trivial stuff like this.

Just now, Soctty said:

Our fans seem to love moaning. When you're paying minimal amounts to the club for things such as this and Buddievision, it's another small way of putting money into the club, of giving support. I just don't understand people who whinge and moan about trivial stuff like this.

It's not, even remotely, trivial when people who are hundreds/thousands of miles away settle down to watch St Mirren. 

I'm assuming you've never tried to use this service?

The amount, while a factor, is not the main issue, the quality, or lack of, is the main issue. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's not, even remotely, trivial when people who are hundreds/thousands of miles away settle down to watch St Mirren. 

I'm assuming you've never tried to use this service?

The amount, while a factor, is not the main issue, the quality, or lack of, is the main issue. 

I have used it, and it was fine. Not great quality but allowed me to follow the team when I couldn't be there. And honestly, it is trivial...

6 hours ago, Soctty said:

I have used it, and it was fine. Not great quality but allowed me to follow the team when I couldn't be there. And honestly, it is trivial...

It is not trivial to me. I am 1000's of miles away and just want to see my team play. I couldn't give a xxxx about the money. If a service is offered.....it should work. Unfortunately on more than one occasion I have settled down on a Saturday afternoon to watch my team and not been able to.

If it was trivial to me...then why am I so p'd off when it happens.

It might be trivial to someone who is able to be at the stadium every 2nd week, but not for those of us who can't

Edited by Prague Buddie