Jump to content

St Mirren TV


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

It is not trivial to me. I am 1000's of miles away and just want to see my team play. I couldn't give a xxxx about the money. If a service is offered.....it should work. Unfortunately on more than one occasion I have settled down on a Saturday afternoon to watch my team and not been able to.

If it was trivial to me...then why am I so p'd off when it happens.

It might be trivial to someone who is able to be at the stadium every 2nd week, but not for those of us who can't

^^^^^^^ This.

Anyone who can't understand this is.......................:1eye

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

It is not trivial to me. I am 1000's of miles away and just want to see my team play. I couldn't give a xxxx about the money. If a service is offered.....it should work. Unfortunately on more than one occasion I have settled down on a Saturday afternoon to watch my team and not been able to.

If it was trivial to me...then why am I so p'd off when it happens.

It might be trivial to someone who is able to be at the stadium every 2nd week, but not for those of us who can't

Fair enough. It seems to be the sole reason for you starting your account, so I accept that it is not trivial to you. Some of the people moaning the most live a fraction of the distance you do away and just love a good moan though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Fair enough. It seems to be the sole reason for you starting your account, so I accept that it is not trivial to you. Some of the people moaning the most live a fraction of the distance you do away and just love a good moan though...

Why is the distance an issue? :blink:

If someone is 100 miles, 500 miles or 1000's of miles, it makes no difference. 

Surely if you pay for a service and it's not up to standard you are quite within your rights to highlight it? 

Some people just can't accept any criticism, however valid, of the club.  :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just picked up a hire. They were only going half a mile. Therefore I dropped them off 50 yards from their house. 

If they had been going, say, over 10 miles, I would obviously drop them at their house and carry their shopping to their front door. 

And the MASSES label me a fool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Or it could just be someone that is using another log in. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Shull
Faraway
Some wishaw dick.

I can assure you that I am a real person... not someone using another log in.

Lived in Prague for 10 years.

Get back 3 or 4  times a year to see the buds.

Origanally from Ayrshire.

 

Edited by Prague Buddie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why is the distance an issue? :blink:

If someone is 100 miles, 500 miles or 1000's of miles, it makes no difference. 

Surely if you pay for a service and it's not up to standard you are quite within your rights to highlight it? 

Some people just can't accept any criticism, however valid, of the club.  :rolleyes:

I'm just of the opinion that it's our club, so to continue whinging about every little thing is bizarre as all these little things put money in the coffers.

And the distance is an issue because if you live a thousand miles away, chances of getting to a game are limited so seeing via the internet is the only option most of the time. If you live an hour or two's drive away, then it's far easier to get to the odd game if you really wanted to. And before you take umbrage, this isn't directed at you or anyone else, just a plain fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, well st bud said:

Wish someone would perescope games again.Loved being in the middle of the crowd with all the crappy singing.Boo to the board and the yellowjackets for spoiling that.

And with div's periscope footage you had as much chance of seeing if a goal was offside or really over the line as Buddievision / SMTV has of clearing up any key incidents and refereeing decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Service normally Ok for me. Most times it freezes it tends to be my server. I know it not the most professional service but it overall provides a good service. 

Can certainly understand the frustration if expecting to be watching the Buddies  

Certainly miss it on away games. So far this year broke my heart to give Rangers the money and had to listen to terrible Blue Nose commentator, Aberdeen insist you sign up for a month, yesterday St Johnstone don’t offer the service at all. Last season good service at Dunfermline but nothing from ICT. Amazed at how few clubs provide it  

good Saturday night in , 2 hours of Off the Ball, out for food when radio Scotland locks out overseas listeners then back for the game!

Service certainly appreciated my this ex pat Buddie  

Really looking forward to getting up at 3am on Wednesday for the Motherwell game.

pity  about  the results!!!

Edited by bonzoboys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, Soctty said:

If you live an hour or two's drive away, then it's far easier to get to the odd game if you really wanted to. 

 

If you live an hour or two's drive away you shouldn't be using the service. It is only for those outside of the UK!  Using a VPN to watch the game could actually be the reason for it not working for many. Or just being thick and trying to watch it from Scotland when it is blocked!

It works very well for me, and I am very grateful for the service. The editing and commentary seems to start off abysmally and improve as the season goes on, I guess as the students get a bit more guidance and experience.  I wish they could maybe invest in a camera or two more though, we were none the wiser over the Kilmarnock incidents after watching the replays. And surely a UWS student getting experience in live production needs a few cameras to manage to make it worthwhile at all. (Although given the abysmal standard of education at UWS it does not surprise me they make do with the basics.)

For the record, I've had two other clubs services completely fail on me. It is frustrating when you are overseas (where you could actually be out in the sunshine with friends or family of a Saturday afternoon!) but put the day aside to watch the Buds only for it to fall apart. In those cases Dundee United were quick to respond, tried to resolve it, failed but did refund my payment. Falkirk just kept the money, true to form for a club run by cunts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, have to say the production standards of Hibs TV were tremendous. While Hibs obviously have more money and more subscribers than St Mirren, in my opinion if the University are serious about their students being able to find work after their course they should be putting in the time and resources to achieve that standard.

I believe it is the UWS students that still do the catering at the hospitality. Is there a dedicated course to the production and distribution of dog food?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

Service normally Ok for me. Most times it freezes it tends to be my server. I know it not the most professional service but it overall provides a good service. 

Can certainly understand the frustration if expecting to be watching the Buddies  

Certainly miss it on away games. So far this year broke my heart to give Rangers the money and had to listen to terrible Blue Nose commentator, Aberdeen insist you sign up for a month, yesterday St Johnstone don’t offer the service at all. Last season good service at Dunfermline but nothing from ICT. Amazed at how few clubs provide it  

good Saturday night in , 2 hours of Off the Ball, out for food when radio Scotland locks out overseas listeners then back for the game!

Service certainly appreciated my this ex pat Buddie  

Really looking forward to getting up at 3am on Wednesday for the Motherwell game.

pity  about  the results!!!

There is usually a free stream floating around somewhere for Rangers & Aberdeen. Certainly wouldn't hand over any cash to them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...