Vent some Steam

Let's give JR and the boys a bit of a break and turn our attention to Past players who irritated or frustrated you :angry:

Does anyone remember big Brian Third. I used to berate him regularly because nearing the end of  his career he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo but during one game against Meadowbank Thistle at Love Street he received the ball midway into their half and as I shouted at his supplier "Don't pass to that big @@@@" He unleashed a rocket which zoomed straight into the postage stamp and we won 4-0.  A home win. Remember those.

Another player who used to frustrate me was Billy Stark. He would saunter about the park like a big lazy B. We used to call him Mr Nonchalant but in wee short spells he would be sublime and a  produce pure match winning magic. If he had played like that for 90 mins we would have been European champions.

Which ex players did you love to hate?

6fdfbcf69bf162681d228d796f332d65.jpg

Edited by East Lothian Saint

Not vent steam exactly ,coz i dont agree with individual abuse of players during games (on here after games however... now thats a different matter !!) but when it came to frustrating players, Brian Hamilton had to be among my top annoyers  . Dont really know why but i just couldn`t take to him.

In recent times I would need to say that boy McGinty used to really rip my knitting.  Was it Brian McGinty?

Anyway he looked like he had all the ability in the world but was rather pish with it.  I recall him going through on goal on more than one occasion.  I wouldnt even stand up or allow myself to get remotely excited as I suspected he would make an arse of it.  He always made an arse of it!

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Robert Dawson. A defender that couldn't do anything that a defender is meant to do. We paid money for him FFS and were stuck with him for what seemed like an eternity. :(

I almost mention "oor Boaby" in my previous post.

One of the most rotten players I have ever seen......would he walk into our current team though?

25 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Had anyone mention Bahonkin yet? Disasterous...

To be fair,  we saw him for all of 45 minutes or so. 

Guys who somehow got picked week in week out are the main culprits for me. No point in going over some from recent years as they're still fresh. 

Ally Mitchell and Chris McGroarty were two players who had good enough careers and brought nothing to the table in their brief times with us. Marc Corcoran was the worst for frustrating me. Clearly talented but if he took a kick early doors he was done as a threat.