Harry Davis

Drew

15 hours ago, Sonny said:

When asked what Saints fans can expect to see from him, Harry said: "My strongest point is my reading of the game. I've played a lot of games so hopefully I should have a good bit of experience. You'll just have to find out when you see me play." 

Exactly what we miss. MacKenzie can read a game but is made of glass. The rest? Not so much. If he can vocally and effectively organise a defence then I'm sure we'll be very happy with him indeed.

Certainly, on paper at least, a back four of Eckersley, Davis, MacKenzie and Irvine looks like it should bring an air of calm and solidity to the side. I get that most folk are very down on Irvine but he played OK last week IMO.

Exactly what we miss. MacKenzie can read a game but is made of glass. The rest? Not so much. If he can vocally and effectively organise a defence then I'm sure we'll be very happy with him indeed.
Certainly, on paper at least, a back four of Eckersley, Davis, MacKenzie and Irvine looks like it should bring an air of calm and solidity to the side. I get that most folk are very down on Irvine but he played OK last week IMO.

Sorry, I think your secretary had a typo there. She typed in Irvine in your back four instead of anybody but Irvine.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Used to work in Crewe, went to some games and similar club to ours in many ways............. However his first two games he will only see one area where people sit, a castle,  a very large rock, Morrisons and bird crap..........

And that is all in the dressing rooms

He should see a big rock off Methil as well if it's a nice day

Edited by beyond our ken

23 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Sorry, I think your secretary had a typo there. She typed in Irvine in your back four instead of anybody but Irvine.

Again, I reckon he played decent last week at left back, certainly no moments of insanity from him. There's no way he'll still be LB tomorrow though but I'd shift him across to the right and play him ahead of Stelios, purely because I don't fancy 3 of our back 4 making their debuts at the same time.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Used to work in Crewe, went to some games and similar club to ours in many ways............. However his first two games he will only see one area where people sit, a castle,  a very large rock, Morrisons and bird crap..........

Hope he keeps one eye on the ball.

Again, I reckon he played decent last week at left back, certainly no moments of insanity from him. There's no way he'll still be LB tomorrow though but I'd shift him across to the right and play him ahead of Stelios, purely because I don't fancy 3 of our back 4 making their debuts at the same time.

Fair shout.

Last week definitely wasn't his worst game. He didn't cost us a goal. I am one of his biggest detractors but did give him credit last week much to the amazement of the guys I sit with.

• 1 month later...

IN PRAISE OF 'ARRY

I think 'Arry has been a bit of an unsung hero since he arrived. The difference in our central defence is night and day. He wins most high balls, reads the game well and is a leader at the back. But mostly he just clears his lines - no fannying about. And of course he is a goal threat at dead ball situations scoring 2 in the short time he has been with us (better than most of the strikers we have had this season). Thought he was great today against a £50M strikeforce. Well done 'Arry and I'll raise a glass to you.

53 minutes ago, Sonny said:

IN PRAISE OF 'ARRY

I think 'Arry has been a bit of an unsung hero since he arrived. The difference in our central defence is night and day. He wins most high balls, reads the game well and is a leader at the back. But mostly he just clears his lines - no fannying about. And of course he is a goal threat at dead ball situations scoring 2 in the short time he has been with us (better than most of the strikers we have had this season). Thought he was great today against a £50M strikeforce. Well done 'Arry and I'll raise a glass to you.

Has been an excellent signing, would love to keep him beyond the season if possible.

I've been a massive fan of both Harry and Adam Eckersley. Amazing how two guys can just make a defence look so much more at ease. 

Harry certainly wasn't kidding when he said he was good at reading a game and if we do stay up this season, I'd love to see him staying on. 

a real defender who knows how to defend!

If at all possible, I would build the defence around him and keep him for as long as possible!

Also noticed the improved communication throughout the team, with players talking to one another throughout the game... none moreso than Davis.

• 2 weeks later...