Harry Davis

Drew

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Harry and Steven have been JR's master stroke and have led by example. Harry has been terrific and it's a huge blow losing him. Get well soon Harry - we'll miss you in more ways than one.

What he said. Big man was in line to become top goalscorer too. Has been immense in recent games. Hopefully see him in the stripes next season

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, BuddieinEK said:

a real defender who knows how to defend!

If at all possible, I would build the defence around him and keep him for as long as possible!

Also noticed the improved communication throughout the team, with players talking to one another throughout the game... none moreso than Davis.

Ironic... just 10 days ago I was willing us to build the defence around him.

Tonight I said to the gent behind me... "what does Davis do for the team other than score goals and win every defensive challenge?"... then the tragic injury.

Gutted for the player first and foremost... and also for the team.

Jack and Gary will be fine in the meantime... but should anything happen to MacKenzie then we are facing a return to Webster and Baird! That scares me!

I hope Harry makes a full and fast recovery and that we can coax him to sign on for another season in the Championship followed by several in the Premiership!

Big blow as the MacKenzie / Davis partnership has yielded 4 clean sheets in the past 6 games (we'd only managed 4 in the 34 leading up to that!). We do at least have 2 centre-halves in reserve.

Ayr have suffered a huge setback as well with the knee injury Paul Cairney picked up against Raith. Ever-present for them in the middle of the park and one of their main goal threats. He's out for at least another month.

Edited by Julian Banjos

I hope Davis makes a speedy and full recovery. A bit of an unsung hero at times and probably been Jack Ross's best signing alongside McGinn.

He quietly goes about his job and does it extremely well and will most likely be one of those players you won't realise how important he has been for the side until he is not there.

Hopefully Baird and Mckenzie format good partnership for the run in.

Harsh to say but his injury may make the possiblity of him signing on for 6 months or a year with us more likely. If this injury means he could be out for a few months then I am not sure too many clubs will take a gamble on him in the summer.

If the rumours that he's dislocated his kneecap are true then he'll be out for the rest of the season, could be a year or more if he's also done his ligaments. I had the same injury and while it looks (and feels) horrific at the time, once the kneecap pops back in its just a case of building up strength in the knee again (if you haven't done the ligaments), I was back playing in about 7 months and thats obviously without the level of proper rehab that Davis will have.

Hopefully it's not a bad one and we can get him back for next season as he's been brilliant since coming in.

Edited by irvine_buddie

Like all other Saints fans, I wish Harry a speedy recovery. If he doesn't get a better offer in the Summer I hope he stays with us.

Baird done well when he came on last night - so he and McKenzie would be the more likely pairing. With Fjelde and Gordon as cover, we've got to hope we have enough in reserve to help get us over the line (8th/9th)

Davis is the best centre half that we have had at the Club in many a year. Better than McGregor in my opinion. Could easily play for most teams in the Premiership. We are very fortunate to have him and hopefully can get him for a bit longer.

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I could not see one.......................Ok Sorry  I will hand myself into the nearest police station FFS

Harry has had 2 previous knee injuries, one kept him out for 70 days and the more recent of the 2 kept him out for 160 days. Hope he gets over this one sooner than those because his defending and goals have obviously made a big difference to our play.

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Found the thread!!!

Its a real blow however team did well, and credit to Baird.................

Any inside info on whether is game over for him this season

Rumoured a dislocated knee, the prognosis is 6 weeks out for that kind of injury - our last game is 7 weeks on Saturday. So seems like that's it.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The more threads the merrier I say........................:lol:

Another thread about cup final tickets is long overdue. :clapping

Oh, and Sevco, they're always popular threads. :snore

We still have a Sack Jack Ross thread , be rude not to start another one, and of course highly topical !!!!!