Harry Davis

Drew

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thank you Buddie

Now, if I could further trouble you, I need a character witness ( I am 6FT, Blue Eyes and like girls who are not afraid to cry!!)

But that's actually good as in his knee pops, at some stage he will need an op

I can honestly state that you are indeed a character, there you go.

15 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Ironic... just 10 days ago I was willing us to build the defence around him.

Tonight I said to the gent behind me... "what does Davis do for the team other than score goals and win every defensive challenge?"... then the tragic injury.

Gutted for the player first and foremost... and also for the team.

Jack and Gary will be fine in the meantime... but should anything happen to MacKenzie then we are facing a return to Webster and Baird! That scares me!

I hope Harry makes a full and fast recovery and that we can coax him to sign on for another season in the Championship followed by several in the Premiership!

Dont worry, there are many people in line for a game before Webster returns -

Fjelde, Gordon, Sutton being moved back, Irvine moving to the middle, somebody from the under 20s, Paisley Panda, Phil the announcer, the ball boy behind the goals, or my granny who's been deid for 30 odd years, so no panic, no panic at all.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, Hendo said:

Dont worry, there are many people in line for a game before Webster returns -

Fjelde, Gordon, Sutton being moved back, Irvine moving to the middle, somebody from the under 20s, Paisley Panda, Phil the announcer, the ball boy behind the goals, or my granny who's been deid for 30 odd years, so no panic, no panic at all.

Did she like the 1926 season?

a real defender who knows how to defend!
If at all possible, I would build the defence around him and keep him for as long as possible!
Also noticed the improved communication throughout the team, with players talking to one another throughout the game... none moreso than Davis.

This for me is the main difference. We now look like a unit as opposed to four individuals and it's all down to leadership. Think Harry and McGinn are the main reasons for this. Would love to see Harry back next season

• 2 months later...

St Mirren aim to sign former loanee Harry Davis on a permanent deal

St Mirren are in the hunt to tie former loanee Harry Davis down on a permanent contract.

ByCraig Ritchie
  • 08:30, 18 MAY 2017

JS113646788.jpgSt Mirren's Harry Davis wheels away after giving the visitors a surprise lead against Celtic

Get daily updates directly to your inbox

The Englishman was a revelation in the heart of the Saints defence after signing on loan from League Two side Crewe Alexandra in January.

Davis formed a formidable partnership with Gary MacKenzie before a season-ending knee injury cut short his stint in March.

The 25-year-old has since been released by his parent side and St Mirren manager Jack Ross revealed that he has been in regular contact with the defender about the possibility in signing him up.

Ross is happy with how talks have progressed but admits there is still a way to go before anything is finalised.

He told Express Sport: “I’ve been in constant dialogue with Harry anyway since his injury because we have a close relationship. I would have done that regardless.

“I knew there was a chance that we could get him back up to St Mirren so these discussions have been ongoing.

“Do I think we have a realistic and fighting chance of bringing him back? Yes I do, but it is no more than that at the moment because he has got a lot of things to consider as well.

“Harry is somebody that won’t be fit until around about August but he will be fit, and he is a good enough player for me to wait until then.

“We would bring him into the set up right away, so I’m trying to push that one through.

“But it is a fine line between working hard and pestering, and I’m quite good at the pestering so I’ll keep working as hard as I can to convince guys that this is the right place for them to be.”

Davis made a massive impression on a leaky St Mirren defence in just nine appearances for the side.

And his knack of bagging a goal, of which he scored three, also made him a popular figure among the Paisley support.

He would score on his debut in a 2-2 draw with Dumbarton in January, while also put St Mirren ahead at Celtic Park with a goal in their Scottish Cup defeat at the hands of Brendan Rodgers’ side.

Ross admits he was delighted with the contribution the defender made in his brief spell at the club.

And, with Jack Baird already tied up for next season, the St Mirren manager is happy with the prospect of his defensive options.

He added: “Harry did really well, and I would also say Jack Baird did really well when he came in to replace him.

“Jack’s now signed up, so if I can get Gary MacKenzie and Harry to stay then we are strong in that area.”

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

St Mirren aim to sign former loanee Harry Davis on a permanent deal

St Mirren are in the hunt to tie former loanee Harry Davis down on a permanent contract.

ByCraig Ritchie
  • 08:30, 18 MAY 2017

JS113646788.jpgSt Mirren's Harry Davis wheels away after giving the visitors a surprise lead against Celtic

Get daily updates directly to your inbox

The Englishman was a revelation in the heart of the Saints defence after signing on loan from League Two side Crewe Alexandra in January.

Davis formed a formidable partnership with Gary MacKenzie before a season-ending knee injury cut short his stint in March.

The 25-year-old has since been released by his parent side and St Mirren manager Jack Ross revealed that he has been in regular contact with the defender about the possibility in signing him up.

Ross is happy with how talks have progressed but admits there is still a way to go before anything is finalised.

He told Express Sport: “I’ve been in constant dialogue with Harry anyway since his injury because we have a close relationship. I would have done that regardless.

“I knew there was a chance that we could get him back up to St Mirren so these discussions have been ongoing.

“Do I think we have a realistic and fighting chance of bringing him back? Yes I do, but it is no more than that at the moment because he has got a lot of things to consider as well.

“Harry is somebody that won’t be fit until around about August but he will be fit, and he is a good enough player for me to wait until then.

“We would bring him into the set up right away, so I’m trying to push that one through.

“But it is a fine line between working hard and pestering, and I’m quite good at the pestering so I’ll keep working as hard as I can to convince guys that this is the right place for them to be.”

Davis made a massive impression on a leaky St Mirren defence in just nine appearances for the side.

And his knack of bagging a goal, of which he scored three, also made him a popular figure among the Paisley support.

He would score on his debut in a 2-2 draw with Dumbarton in January, while also put St Mirren ahead at Celtic Park with a goal in their Scottish Cup defeat at the hands of Brendan Rodgers’ side.

Ross admits he was delighted with the contribution the defender made in his brief spell at the club.

And, with Jack Baird already tied up for next season, the St Mirren manager is happy with the prospect of his defensive options.

He added: “Harry did really well, and I would also say Jack Baird did really well when he came in to replace him.

“Jack’s now signed up, so if I can get Gary MacKenzie and Harry to stay then we are strong in that area.”

:thumbs2  Hopefully a fully fit Davis and McKenzie will be our central defensive partnership next season with young Jack as an able deputy.

I have been one of Jack Bairds fiercest critics but latterly he has shown a marked improvement and perhaps ought to be trusted as a partner to Gary MacKenzie. If Harry Davis cannot be persuaded to sign, Jack just needs the raw edges smoothed because he is hard as nails and fearless, which forwards don't like. Youth is also on his side, so improvement through experience can be expected.

How refreshing to see JR depart from the previous "managerial" regimes of indecision, procrastination and downright bungling. I have said many times before that a job like this should never be trusted to inarticulate halfwits like the last few incumbents. It doesn't take a genius to be a football manager but whoever interviewed and employed the previous oafs are to blame for our plight over the last decade or so. Thankfully the new regime seem to have recognised this and  - even if its just pure luck getting JR - things seem to be on the up. Lets enjoy something we have been paying money for, previously without reward. Entertainment.

Baird, Dacvis and MacKenzie would be three pretty good options when they're all available. Do we have any youngsters that would be decent cover? Just slightly concerned given Davis is coming back from an injury and MacKenzie has had problems in the past.

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Surely most can now agree this was a stupid idea to sign a player with such a serious knee injury?

why couldn't the club simply have offered him his rehab, training etc till he could pass a full match fitness test, then backdate his wages to the season start. 

So, are you posting this because :

a - you have information that he has suffered a setback and won't be available for the rest of the season?

or

b - you are a troll trying to introduce unfounded negativity which may back up your own twisted agenda?

Mmm, difficult one ...

36 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Surely most can now agree this was a stupid idea to sign a player with such a serious knee injury?

why couldn't the club simply have offered him his rehab, training etc till he could pass a full match fitness test, then backdate his wages to the season start. 

How bizarre. Has something happened with Harry that no-one except you is aware of? 

If not, what a strange subject to bring up out of the blue when the guy is clearly still rehabbing as we are all aware. 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

How bizarre. Has something happened with Harry that no-one except you is aware of? 

If not, what a strange subject to bring up out of the blue when the guy is clearly still rehabbing as we are all aware. 

"Has something happened"?

err.. yeah he said he wont be at full training till next month, which means it will be mid to late November at the very earliest before he is able to kick a ball that counts for the first time in nine months. Thats If he doesnt have a reaction.  You may not be aware but we are having to make emergency loan signings to cover the position we signed a seriously injured player for. Was that a risk worth taking???

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Indeed.

It's really affected our progress so far.................

Anyway, Davis is in the PDE today saying he will be in full training at the end of this month. i.e. September.