Drew

Harry Davis

My thoughts exactly, give him a run out as a starter then lets see how he's going.  Harry at his best and fittest is a stand out in our league, but we don't want to push him too hard to start with, we need him fit for the run in.

15 minutes ago, billyg said:

Wasn't there today but I see it mentioned that Baird was outstanding. Not surprising with the organisational Davis beside him. Baird will become a big player for us if Davis stays fit .

Yeah baird was brilliant today, considering how difficult the conditions were today  he didnt put a foot wrong all game. 

Interesting Billy, given how critical you have been of Jack.
For me, Baird is already a big player for us. He earned that tag on his own merit.

Bit like Bobby Reid, saw him getting the runaround when John Young was sweeping , big Jack made Bobby into a real central defender .

27 minutes ago, billyg said:

Bit like Bobby Reid, saw him getting the runaround when John Young was sweeping , big Jack made Bobby into a real central defender .

We were top of the league with Baird as one of our key, consistent central defenders, whilst Davis was in rehab.

How do you explain that?

We were top of the league with Baird as one of our key, consistent central defenders, whilst Davis was in rehab.

How do you explain that?

Baird and Buchanan were culpable in some of our heavy defeats this season , Davis should sort it out. Going back to Reid , we were top of the league under Fergie but there was room for improvement so he brought JC in and Reid never looked back.

ETA I'm working , stop bugging me

Baird has definitely been a shining star for me this season and the main consistency in terms of availability and performance through our back 4. Nightmare at Cappielow excepted. 

We've suffered badly from struggling to have a settled back line for a variety of reasons. Hopefully this is now behind us and the guys that in were there today are our strongest when all are available in my opinion. Perhaps a case can be made for Gary Mac instead of Baird but Baird is in such good form right now, you can't really shift him out. 

Edited by djchapsticks

When McKenzie's fit , I'm sure Jack will confirm that  Gary and Harry will be his first choice partnership. It does say a lot for our squad depth when we have been playing what is really our second choice central defensive partnership for most of the season , yet we're at the right end of the table. For me , McKenzie and Davis are assured when playing together , and they both offer more at the other end of the pitch than Baird and Buchanan too. That said , Baird will be a better player for playing with Davis , so if Gary McK continues to struggle with injury I would have no fears !

As JR said though, what a testament to the sort of professional Harry Davis is and the shape he's clearly kept himself in during his rehab to allow for 2 consecutive 90 minute matches following such a serious long term lay off.

That we haven't eased him back in with 15-20 sub spells is highly unusual.