Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

Absolutely huge, similar to the Shug Murray match at Forthbank in the 90's.

It is make or break.

If our fans can make a difference, then this game is perfect for the Club to help transport the supporters down there.

Finance given to the 4 official Buses plus a fleet of subsidizes Buses leaving from Greenhill Road.

Also, get the Match Tickets out now and demand the fans get to the Match.

3000 is the away limit, we can fill it.

We need a large and wild support which we had down there in the magical promotion game in April 2000.

Where is Paul McKnight when we need him ?

Edited by supras

58 minutes ago, supras said:

It is make or break.

If our fans can make a difference, then this game is perfect for the Club to help transport the supporters down there.

Finance given to the 4 official Buses plus a fleet of subsidizes Buses leaving from Greenhill Road.

We need a large and wild support which we had down there in the magical promotion game in April 2000.

We've an equally huge game this Saturday . I'll start thinking about the Ayr game at full time on Sat .

1 hour ago, munoz said:

We've an equally huge game this Saturday . I'll start thinking about the Ayr game at full time on Sat .

Absolutely this.

An old cliche but one game at a time.

Saturday is massive. Ayr will be too, but it isn't for another 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, supras said:

It is make or break.

It won't be all ticket so no need for any sale arrangements !

They had to make it all ticket in the year 2000 due to the expected demand. 

Better to be prepared. 

Now is the time for the Club, maybe SMISA and the Fans Council along with the Supporters Clubs to get Buses and Tickets organised for the expected mass exodus to Somerset Park. 

If we lose this match, we are toast. 

Even if the buses are subsidised, which I think is a great idea, you can't beat a wee train journey down early and a chance to sample the fine local establishments that Ayr has to offer. Cracking day oot. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

It is make or break.

Outwith cup victories, I rate that game as my most memorable St.Mirren match. When McKnight scored, I totally lost it and it is the only time I have "invaded" a park. Absolutely brilliant game. Totally unforgettable.

36 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

And the Mehmet/Sutton 3-2 game at Fir Park. So many memories.

I was on a cruise ship in the middle of The Mediterranean trying to keep up with the scores. I actually lost the signal after McCormack? scored just after half time. Took it we were beaten. I couldn't believe it when I regained the signal and we were celebrating an amazing comeback.

As I mentioned, this is the Match.

Absolutely huge.

Club, SMISA, Fans Council, Supporters Clubs and the rst must all get together and make sure the away end at Somerset is filled to capacity.

Let's get the tickets sold and the buses ( subsidised or free ) booked.

47 minutes ago, supras said:

As I mentioned, this is the Match.

Absolutely huge.

Club, SMISA, Fans Council, Supporters Clubs and the rst must all get together and make sure the away end at Somerset is filled to capacity.

Let's get the tickets sold and the buses ( subsidised or free ) booked.

I intend to be there. Two cup wins please and round off February unbeaten and a win against Ayr please  

16 hours ago, Stoobs said:

A lottery win and a date with Kylie at Saporitos.....she is paying. I think the date with Kylie is more realistic than an unbeaten February. Once again, I hope I am wrong.

As the lottery advert said....it could be you .....what it didn't say was, against all odds. Let's see how things unfold. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We'll beat Ayr. By then we'll have played 3 games with the new players. I think we'll win 2-0.

Even if that was to be, it may not be enough as Ayr are still picking up points where they shouldn't be expecting to. I'm afraid even beating them twice in the run in may not be enough.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Even if that was to be, it may not be enough as Ayr are still picking up points where they shouldn't be expecting to. I'm afraid even beating them twice in the run in may not be enough.

I agree. As i've stated elsewhere, if we have a realistic chance to stay up we need to have a very good March because there are 5 games in that month. By then we'll have played for 18 points and if we're not there or thereabouts then i agree we're doomed. I know it's been said about near enough every month this season but March is the month that will decide our fate IMO.

8 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I agree. As i've stated elsewhere, if we have a realistic chance to stay up we need to have a very good March because there are 5 games in that month. By then we'll have played for 18 points and if we're not there or thereabouts then i agree we're doomed. I know it's been said about near enough every month this season but March is the month that will decide our fate IMO.

March? Oh aye, you did say right enough. :P