Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

I wouldn't pay any heed to a forecast 4 days from now as they can't even get it right the night before. If it rains it rains, it's Scotland in Winter. There is ample cover at Somerset too. Can't be as bad as E Fife, after that any weather at football will not seem so bad.

Surely the team is beginning to pick itself after the influx of better quality players in the January transfer window and their performances since then.

Barring injuries to key players and our share of good fortune I am confident that we can achieve the great escape.

The management team and players have the ability to make up the deficit in points (only a minority on here would disagree) and the supporters have an important part to play in giving all involved their backing to make sure it happens.

As other posters have suggested, JR would have to be very strong willed not to pick the starting eleven for the second half of last Sunday's game against TNS but with Cammy Smith replacing Rory Loy who has still to find his match fitness - he would be a good guy to have on the bench and come on as a second half sub if required. We also have the likes of Storie, Fjelde, Mackenzie, Quinn, Gordon (when fit again), Irvine and Todd as back up. That's a pretty decent squad in my books.

Got a response from Scotrail re the replacement bus service for Saturday. They are aware of the rugby game on and are looking into sourcing extra buses but the buses are sourced from local companies, so if nothing additional available, then no extra buses. I didn't ask them about rugby, f**kwits.

Wow, we have a game before THE FINAL?

Forgot all about this insignificant game with all the excitement about a "diddy cup" final. :lol:

Still see this as a tight affair.

Both teams will be nervous, as will the fans.

I think "first goal's the winner" (Someone explain this to Oaky) rule could come through here, let's hope it's us that scores it.

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wow, we have a game before THE FINAL?

Forgot all about this insignificant game with all the excitement about a "diddy cup" final. :lol:

Still see this as a tight affair.

Both teams will be nervous, as will the fans.

I think "first goal's the winner" (Someone explain this to Oaky) rule could come through here, let's hope it's us that scores it.

Given we have to score three to win these days lets hope its us who score first then.

Ayr had a player sent off and another injured last week who is expected to be out for a "wee while" according to the guys at work who support Ayr..

They are fully aware of that a draw would just about end our chances of avoiding relegation and a win (for them) realistically do so. To add to that they feel a bit aggrieved about the way the earlier matches between us have went this season (just saying like) and we'll have to be 110% committed, maybe more, on Saturday.

Anyway as ever COYS & letsgetintaethum!

Need to start the game off at 100mph, get in their faces, get them camped in their half, put them under sever pressure. We need to start where we left off from Sunday, which is why I'd probably go with the same players that finished the game.

Starting Storie then bringing on someone like Morgan when we go a goal down is thinking too negative for me. We need to take the game to Ayr, 4-4-2 with McGinn and Mallan in the middle, Magennis/Smith on the right with Morgan on the left and Sutton-Loy up front. 

We need a Jack Ross/Hugh Murray/Billy Mehmet v Falkirk type performance from everyone, so the fans will need to do their bit from the first whistle too.

Got a response from Scotrail re the replacement bus service for Saturday. They are aware of the rugby game on and are looking into sourcing extra buses but the buses are sourced from local companies, so if nothing additional available, then no extra buses. I didn't ask them about rugby, f**kwits.

That's superb [emoji28]

Copy paste the disgruntled sports fan email and hit reply.