Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Go look in the mirror, that'll make you laugh. :P

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

But you'll never miss a kick on BAWA..! Think ofball the love fellow forumsters will have for you at the games they are at, and your no?

Thanks for your love and understanding ya pair of trumpets.

Just over 24 hours until this match.

Surprised the "diddy cup" final thread has generated more interest as this is, easily, the biggest game of the season, so far.

Hope the traveling support are in good form as I believe a good support in games like this can make a difference.

The manager needs to get the players right into this game from the first whistle.

Good luck JR & the team, win and it's going to be an interesting finish to the season, let's not think about any other result.

Morgan's came off the bench in the last two games and changed them both. Surely he's got to start this weekend. Should be something like:

O'Brien
Stelios-Baird-Davies-Eckersley
Magennis-Mallan-McGinn-Morgan
Sutton-Loy

Attacking line up indeed, but a draw is absolutely no use to us. We'd be aswell going for it and losing as being cautious and getting a 1-1. Fail to win and we are finished by February. I thought we'd at least get to Easter...

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Morgan's came off the bench in the last two games and changed them both. Surely he's got to start this weekend. Should be something like:

O'Brien
Sutton-Loy

Attacking line up indeed, but a draw is absolutely no use to us. We'd be aswell going for it and losing as being cautious and getting a 1-1. Fail to win and we are finished by February. I thought we'd at least get to Easter...

Maybe Jack Ross's plan is to use Morgan as a super sub, like David Fairclough (for those old enough) of Liverpool or our own Alan Logan!

Edited by smcc
Typo

Maybe Jack Ross's plan is to use Morgan as a super sub, like David Fairclough for those old enough) of Liverpool or our own Alan Logan!

You can get away with having a shite first half against teams who can't defend like East Fife and Total Network Solutions.

If we give Ayr a start on Saturday it will be nowhere near as easy to get a win. They will dig in and they have shown in recent weeks that they have what it takes to see out a game against better teams than us.

We need our best players on the park for the whole game. And Morgan is one of our best players.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You can get away with having a shite first half against teams who can't defend like East Fife and Total Network Solutions.

If we give Ayr a start on Saturday it will be nowhere near as easy to get a win. They will dig in and they have shown in recent weeks that they have what it takes to see out a game against better teams than us.

We need our best players on the park for the whole game. And Morgan is one of our best players.

Sense of humour transplant needed.

Win this, and we're staying up. Lose and we're down and deserve to be. A draw prolongs the agony but gives us a glimmer.

I'm skint, but swithering about going busking as a Paulo tribute act at the Cross this afternoon to raise the funds to get to the game. I've got lead in my pencil!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

O'Brien
Sutton-Loy

Loy was largely ineffectual last week. I'd have Smith just behind Sutton, if available.

ETA - pre-empting the inevitable: "ineffectual? Yet he scored last week" response.... So did Clarkson v Dumbarton, but would you started him in the next game?

Edited by Drew

Forget Dundee United - THIS is our Cup Final. Ayr are a dour team but I believe we have better players - they just have to turn up and perform. And Smith has got to play instead of Loy - he has the attributes to be our first choice striker in my opinion. I reckon Morgan was being rested in the last two Cup games and was only brought on as Jack needed him. I am sure he will start tomorrow. Looking forward to this.

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

Win this, and we're staying up. Lose and we're down and deserve to be. A draw prolongs the agony but gives us a glimmer.

I'm skint, but swithering about going busking as a Paulo tribute act at the Cross this afternoon to raise the funds to get to the game. I've got lead in my pencil!

I'll give you money not to sing? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Drew said:

"Hanging about the cross to make a few bob?" That concludes the case for the prosecution M'lud...

Loy was largely ineffectual last week. I'd have Smith just behind Sutton, if available.
ETA - pre-empting the inevitable: "ineffectual? Yet he scored last week" response.... So did Clarkson v Dumbarton, but would you started him in the next game?

Smith probably the better option, I had forgot about him to be honest.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Smith probably the better option, I had forgot about him to be honest.

Just to be clear, I wasn't directing the edit to you specifically.

Loy would be a decent sub option to occupy their defence if we're ahead later on and need to nullify them.

Travelling down from Aberdeenshire for this game - huge game and wouldn't miss it for the world. I expect a large and vocal support getting behind the team, pushing them on to victory. I believe we can win. 3-0 McGinn, Mallan, Smith

Says my heart. My head says it'll be a miserable 90mins watching too terrible sides cancel each other out in the pi**ing rain, and me leaving before the end to catch an earlier bus and missing 10-man Ayr snatch an injury time winner/equaliser to condemn us to the third tier. Nah, could never happen....