Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

Difficult to disagree with that , interesting to note that Ayr doubled up on him everytime he got the ball.
Only very slight niggle with him , as the game progressed and he visibly tired , he often chose to take his man on rather than pass to a team mate, he did lose the ball a lot more in the last 15-20 because of that.

Yeah, it can be a bit annoying. On the other hand though, I'd personally rather we have players willing to try and beat a man than what we had earlier in the season with everyone abdicating responsibility, passing the ball, and never willing to take a shot.

Either way, great win today, on to Wednesday night now!

Just now, zurich_allan said:

Yeah, it can be a bit annoying. On the other hand though, I'd personally rather we have players willing to try and beat a man than what we had earlier in the season with everyone abdicating responsibility, passing the ball, and never willing to take a shot.

Either way, great win today, on to Wednesday night now!

Yeah , but as i said , a very minor gripe on what was a very satisfying day. I believe he is a very exciting talent who will terrorise defences and as he and his team mates get to play more and understand each other it can only be good for us.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ah ,must be someone else who slags off everyone he doesnt like as " big f**kin Jessies"

Sorry bud, my bad . What a Ret... . oops !

Oh dear, dreadful response.

What has jessie got to do with homosexuality ?

Magnificent deflection after seriously abusing an Ayr United supporter.

I said a lot of things pre - ban, which I regret and fully apologised.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

What about me? I'm still waiting, you called me terrible names.

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Great to see real fighting spirit in the team three wins on the trot how long since we have seen that. 

In competitive games....... over 4 years ago. Jan/Feb 2013:

Sun 27/01/13 LEC St. Mirren 3 - 2 Celtic View events More info
Wed 30/01/13 PRE St. Mirren 2 - 1 Inverness CT View events More info
Sat 02/02/13 SCC St. Mirren 2 - 0 St. Johnstone

Just now, shull said:

7 minutes ago, shull said:

OK , fair enough. If thats what you think . Good luck with that .:unsure:

Just now, JJ McG said:

How good is Stephen McGinn by the way? 

Too good for this level and only signed because of his relationship with Jack Ross and love for the club.

A f**king great guy all round.

Class.  

His all round play today was great but what pleased me as much was the way he was whipping the fans up after the game. He really does look as if he cares and the club means something to him :thumbs2

51 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If I was Jack Ross I'd take heart from that score, and point out to our players that Hibs aren't that good and that we could get a result against them on Wednesday, if we play with the grit and effort that we did today.

100% agree that Hibs are there for the taking, FTOF.  I was looking at it from a fairly simplistic view that if we end up 1 point behind Dungfermline in mid table come the end of the season, I'll blame that point on Hibs today, rather than the 55 points we've dropped so far this season.  

3 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

A great Saturday. Thank you St Mirren.

John Sutton's goal was absolutely magnificent. Had a great view from the stand: getting it by the keeper and putting it in from that angle on his weaker foot was a great bit of skill.

Agreed.

The composure was absolute class. There was then a wee moment of reflection before he celebrated his goal - savouring his magnificence.

The big man was fantastic today. He didn't give them a moments peace all match.

What a guy! :wub:

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Class.  

His all round play today was great but what pleased me as much was the way he was whipping the fans up after the game. He really does look as if he cares and the club means something to him :thumbs2

Don't you know that a captain's role isn't important?:rolleyes:

If ever a player proved someone so wrong............................

What I wouldn't give to have Stephen McGinn in Ayr's midfield. He could've bodied our insipid central three on his own without breaking sweat. Tremendous leader on the pitch.

Edited by FTOF

5 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

John Sutton's goal was absolutely magnificent. Had a great view from the stand: getting it by the keeper and putting it in from that angle on his weaker foot was a great bit of skill.

Memories of John Hewitt's last minute winner v Stirling Albion at Ochilview back in the day, for anyone who remembers those scenes.