Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Away support was tremendous, the team played well, created chances, and took them enough to see us win comfortably.

Smith deserved a goal for his tremendous turn and shot which the keeper tipped into the post.

I've always loved Somerset Park. [emoji6]

35 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Also thought big Gary MacKenzie was superb today as well, anyone see him go off the park after 10 mins

to slap some gel on his hair? must've been getting in his eyes, I used suffer fae that same problem myself.... 

about 20 years ago...:(

Yeah , i saw that at the time. What really surprised me though was that the kit man / physio or whoever it was actually had some to hand :P   

Whatever happened to the magic sponge and a tin of Ralgex spray !!

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yeah , i saw that at the time. What really surprised me though was that the kit man / physio or whoever it was actually had some to hand :P   

Whatever happened to the magic sponge and a tin of Ralgex spray !!

Have you ever seen the film "There's something about Mary"?:whistle

How good is Stephen McGinn by the way? 
Too good for this level and only signed because of his relationship with Jack Ross and love for the club.
A f**king great guy all round.

On way home after a great day in Ayr. Is it too early to start giving JR a bit of credit. How about a wee chant for jack.

There's only one Jack Ross
He's the man he's the boss
He'll keep us up
He'll win the cup
Living in St Mirren wonderland

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

How good is Stephen McGinn by the way? 

Too good for this level and only signed because of his relationship with Jack Ross and love for the club.

A f**king great guy all round.

I wasn't as excited as some about him coming back but based on the games I've seen him in - his sub appearance against Falkirk and last week against TNS - he is superb. Definitely too good for a team at the bottom of the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Away support was tremendous, the team played well, created chances, and took them enough to see us win comfortably.

Smith deserved a goal for his tremendous turn and shot which the keeper tipped into the post.

I've always loved Somerset Park. emoji6.png

I thought Smith played fantastic today, how their keeper got onto that turn i dont know! The full team played really well, our back four is looking good with Stelios, Mack, Davis and Eckersley. Midfield is looking much more organised now and Morgan the last 3 games has really improved.

TBH i could find praise for any of them out there today, it was a great performance from the players and the fans truly were the 12th man.

Somerset park has been good to us, lets go onto Wednesday now and keep up the momentum!!

The way we've been this season no one should be singing that song until it's either arithmetically impossible for us to be relegated or until we're 10-0 up on aggregate with a minute to go in the second leg of the final play off tie.

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The way we've been this season no one should be singing that song until it's either arithmetically impossible for us to be relegated or until we're 10-0 up on aggregate with a minute to go in the second leg of the final play off tie.

...even then, wait sixty seconds. Just in case.

I dont have the same level of dislike of McCall as many on here .Mibbee someone could fill me in as to why he seems so hated among Buds (Sorry Tsu, being a Fud is not enough! :P

On the post match Video, i thought a very fair & balanced interview with both managers , JR came across very well and although McCall seemed to be trotting out the excuses, its hard to argue with what he said.