Chairman's Update

Sonny

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you kiss you're have a mom with that mouth that's proud of you? YES - What about you?

Fixed it for you

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Does it make you a ringer if you are happy to support a BOD who are improving our club/team?

What you do on the forum makes you a twat - wild claims and nothing to back it up . . . 

Come on give us the actual factual evidence for your crazy claims I list once again :-

the next accounts are going to crucify this board,

basically they will have spent near double their original playing/backroom staff bughet come the end of the season

Add to that the hundreds of thousands paid in compo

any figures like a top to cover up their gross mismanagement  of club finances.

Any evidence to give us ? ? ? :hammer

OR do you want to retract your foolish claims ?  

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

It seems to me the chairman is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Releasing exact figures would have folk arguing too. As mentioned by another poster, you have to take different scenarios into situation in relation to money discussed.  

Since I pay Netflix on a monthly basis I might just go an chin then and ask them to release their accounts to the public domain since i'm subscribed to their service.

Given that they are a listed company on the NASDAQ it is very likely that their full accounts are freely available to anyone who wants them.

Oh and Saints freely release annual accounts each year.

The problem is not about availability of accounts, it's about hiding unwelcome numbers by wrapping them up in larger numbers which can give misleading information to those who invest in these companies.

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I would say your second sentence is and always has been a matter of opinion. we just now know the round about of the opinion.

Instead of 'is the money and moving fans worth it?' it is now 'is 10% increase to the player budget and moving fans worth it?' 

Like you say some are yes, some are no. It's never been my aim to change that, only to point out that I don't think it is correct when people say 'the money isn't that much' or that fans aren't going to games in large numbers because of this.

GLS statement certainly puts to bed the first point (as far as I am concerned or anyone that isn't wanting to call him a liar) and his chat on 'near record crowds' at the Celtic game and observable similar crowds at non OF games I think tackles the second part.

But just because the money is a decent amount and crowds don't appear to be massively impacted doesn't mean peoples opinion that it shouldn't happen is invalid. Same as people with the opinion it is the right thing to do, they're equally entitled to it. 

As for the not endorsed, IMO that is splitting hairs. As fans we don't need to or should expect intricate details of all financial income and outgoings, especially not for individual games. We'll get the annual accounts and there shouldn't be an expectation of anymore. I feel the word of our chairman should be plenty and when we get to the bottom line, it boils down to believing him or thinking he is lying. 

There might have been an incident this year which makes me think the above is at least possible. Can't quite recall what it could be though....

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Our average home crowd is about the same as Kilmarnock's tbf

They give the OF 8,000+ tickets which massively boosts their average over the season

# Stadium Capacity Spectators Average
  Total: 252.344 3.141.452 16.276
Celtic FC Celtic Park
Celtic FC
60.832 975.957 57.409
Rangers FC Ibrox Stadium
Rangers FC
50.987 792.547 49.534
Heart of Midlothian FC Tynecastle Park
Heart of Midlothian FC
20.099 298.409 17.553
Hibernian FC Easter Road Stadium
Hibernian FC
20.250 279.580 17.474
Aberdeen FC Pittodrie Stadium
Aberdeen FC
22.199 254.007 14.942
Kilmarnock FC Rugby Park
Kilmarnock FC
18.128 104.736 6.546
Dundee FC Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park
Dundee FC
11.850 99.365 6.210
St. Mirren FC Simple Digital Arena
St. Mirren FC
8.023 90.016 5.295
Motherwell FC Fir Park
Motherwell FC
13.750 79.598 5.307
Livingston FC Tony Macaroni Arena
Livingston FC
9.512 61.121 3.820
St. Johnstone FC McDiarmid Park
St. Johnstone FC
10.696 58.790 4.199
Hamilton Academical FC HopeCBD Stadium
Hamilton Academical FC
6.018 47.326 2.958

Quite interesting to see. - We have the 6th fullest ground in the league by percentage of capacity with the ground on average 2/3rds full every week - yes that's boosted by the Old firm but so is everyone else's figure. Shows that the ground is put to very good use - compare that to Livi whose ground is less than half full and that unused half is in a terrible state of disrepair.

Through all the shit of the past several years and through the hardships of this season, our support has remained at a tremendous level. If we can somehow pull this off and stay up, it's going to rise marginally again next season.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you have actual figures to inform us all?

or do you wish to just keep on kissing arse?

Whether I do or not - and whether or not I or anyone would post them on here until it was appropriate is not the issue - I am not the one making ludicrous statements based on NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER...

But you are as per usual...

Just because you are supportive does not mean you kiss ass - or do you think everyone should support your stand - REALLY :toilet :hammer

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you have actual figures to inform us all?    or do you wish to just keep on kissing arse?

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Whether I do or not - and whether or not I or anyone would post them on here until it was appropriate is not the issue - I am not the one making ludicrous statements based on NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER...

Just because you are supportive does not mean you kiss ass - or do you think everyone should support your stand - REALLY :toilet :hammer

You've gone quiet - cat got your tongue ? OR do you just hate it when some one pulls you up and you cannot make a decent retort as you don't have a leg to stand on, or the b*lls to make an apology for posting utter cr*p which you cannot qualify even one tiny bit  …  :ninja   :hammer   :moony2   :bounce2

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Lol.... but you said everything i said was wrong! But you have nothing to corroborate that, but keep on SHOUTING.... about..? Nothing really. You make i laugh, innit.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lol.... but you said everything i said was wrong! But you have nothing to corroborate that, but keep on SHOUTING.... about..? Nothing really. You make i laugh, innit.

So this makes your made up nonsense right - right - still nothing to show for your totally ridiculous assertions... you are the laughing stock !  :bounce2  :hammer:boxing:moony2

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

@bazil85 Firstly I'm not putting words in your mouth regarding the £1.15M figure, read the sentence carefully, it's my opinion it'll turn out to be conservative when the 2018/19 Accounts are released, also where does Heaton's transfer fee come from if not out of the overall player budget?

I think GLSs statement is unclear on the matter as do you when you say "The 54k was an estimate on W6/7 vs two stands. I assume GLS is comparing one vs two". even you thought including W6/7 was valid last week.  Any normal person would find your forelock tugging embarrassing! :rolleyes:

I dont, I did w6/w7 & one stand vs 2 under duress. My original was 1 vs 2 

So is it clear that you have to "assume" he is comparing one stand vs two? 

If you think he's spinning the facts, but don’t want to say he's lying then that's your prerogative!  :rolleyes: To go deeper... 

do you consider him a liar then? Why can’t you just say it, if that’s what you think? 1 vs 2 isn’t lying mind, it’s all other teams VS OF arrangement... 

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I remember voting to give the christmas meal all the money they were asking for! But people like you didnt want them to have it, so an embarrassed smisa had to find more cash to dig you out of a hole. 

I remember a democratic choice, do you? I also then remember SMISA going above & beyond... 

i also remember a vile person that was anti SMISA for a long time and hiding behind community benefit, / changing his stripes to continue to be anti SMISA.

The majority members disagreed with original view but agreed despite  him... to give some money. so he publicly (multiply) announced his resignation from his 10 year promise and that it was WRONG. To give them money.

He’s clearly anti SMFC. Who was that? 

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

do you consider him a liar then? Why can’t you just say it, if that’s what you think? 1 vs 2 isn’t lying mind, it’s all other teams VS OF arrangement... 

No, I think he's comparing 1 stand versus 2  which as you say isn't lying, merely a poor model, a view you shared last week :rolleyes: - your forelock tugging towards GLS on the matter would shame any normal person.

Edited by Bud the Baker

52 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

No, I think he's comparing 1 stand versus 2  which as you say isn't lying, merely a poor model, a view you shared last week :rolleyes: - your forelock tugging towards GLS on the matter would shame any normal person.

Comparing what we do for all other teams against what we do for Rangers and Celtic is a perfectly good comparison. Thinking he should compare to a decision taken by another individual/ board is pointless, him saying he wanted to keep West for St Mirren fans eludes to as much.  

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Comparing what we do for all other teams against what we do for Rangers and Celtic is a perfectly good comparison. Thinking he should compare to a decision taken by another individual/ board is pointless, him saying he wanted to keep West for St Mirren fans eludes to as much.  

It's the one you were using last week. :1eye

Is that a lie?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Great to think that in just a few years time the fans will be running the club and making these decisions for ourselves [emoji38]
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will.
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will.
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will.
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will.
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will.
Oh no we won't.
Oh yes we will... ...

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's the one you were using last week. :1eye

Is that a lie?

I did a comparison on it because someone asked. I made it clear my first comparison was one vs two and that was the one I thought most appropriate. 

Doing two different comparisons isn't lying is it? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Mykey said:
10 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Yes or no, do you think GLS is a liar? 

He accused fans of throwing coins and spitting on a man on a stretcher, which has since been proved to be false, so yes, he's a liar.

I think he was miss-guided with police reports, media coverage and the likes on that (possibly I don't know enough about it) but yes it didn't show him or the club in the best light. I am only referring to the 10% comment though. 

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I did a comparison on it because someone asked. I made it clear my first comparison was one vs two and that was the one I thought most appropriate. 

Doing two different comparisons isn't lying is it? :rolleyes:

The difference in tickets available is roughly 900. I didn’t think they had fully sold out (someone suggested they had but didn’t provide evidence of this) but for ease let’s assume they did. 

900 fans X 3 games X £20 (reduced as an estimate for concessions) £54,000. Minus the expenses I have previously quoted and given our average player wage, the money would likely cover their wages until end of the season 

turns out I wasn’t :rolleyes:

Erm, I don't see you making any qualifications, the post was in reply to one of mine where I made no such request you were clearly arguing on the basis of 1 stand + W6/7 vs two stands - keep digging that hole! :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker