Chairman's Update

Sonny

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Erm, I don't see you making any qualifications, the post was in reply to one of mine where I made no such request you were clearly arguing on the basis of 1 stand + W6/7 vs two stands - keep digging that hole! :1eye

So you agree I made two different comparisons at two different points? Look at you going way back to prove my point that I didn't lie. So nice of you.

This still a deflection tactic that you were wrong on the money not being that much though? :rolleyes:

I think he was miss-guided with police reports, media coverage and the likes on that (possibly I don't know enough about it) but yes it didn't show him or the club in the best light. I am only referring to the 10% comment though. 
Miss-guided, and the likes, etc etc spin spin spin - you asked if he was a liar, and yes he is, your spinning it just like GLS is spinning the bigot brothers figures. he made the decision, rightly or wrongly and now he's trying to justify his stance.

2 minutes ago, Mykey said:
24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
I think he was miss-guided with police reports, media coverage and the likes on that (possibly I don't know enough about it) but yes it didn't show him or the club in the best light. I am only referring to the 10% comment though. 

Miss-guided, and the likes, etc etc spin spin spin - you asked if he was a liar, and yes he is, your spinning it just like GLS is spinning the bigot brothers figures. he made the decision, rightly or wrongly and now he's trying to justify his stance.

So you do think he's lying about the 10% as well? Cool 

I'm not spinning anything, just saying that wasn't what I was talking about.

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So you agree I made two different comparisons at two different points? Look at you going way back to prove my point that I didn't lie. So nice of you.

This still a deflection tactic that you were wrong on the money not being that much though? :rolleyes:

No I was showing you did not make the distinction you claim you did.

You first comparison was laughed out of court which is why you changed it only to change it back when GLS made his statement last week - shameless!  The fact that you have flipped twice on the subject is nothing to be proud of.  :1eye

I've still seen nothing to make me change my mind that the net sums raised are even as much as the £54k you were claiming last week so we are back to where we've always been except with yet more examples of you bullshitting! :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

41 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

ROTFLMAO

are the clubs "Ringers" running oot of steam?

IMG_1797.GIF

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

No I'm showing you did not make the distinction you claim you did.

You first comparison was laughed out of court which is why you changed it only to change it back when GLS made his statement last week - shameless! :1eye

The fact that you have flipped on at least two occasions on the subject is nothing to be proud of.

I've still seen nothing to make me change my mind that the net sums raised are even as much as the £54k you were claiming last week so we are back to where we've always been except with yet more examples of you bullshitting! :byebye

But I clearly did didn't I? You would have to show a post where I said W6/7 vs two stands was the best comparison. Have a look I'll wait :lol:

One stand Vs two was IMO continuously the best approach. I did the other comparison to show people that had that view still should consider the income significant. 

As for it being 'laughed out of court' that's strange, you seemed to be willing to discuss it previously, also seems strange you denying these figures now when you were quoting such high figures previously. :rolleyes:

On 4/5/2019 at 9:43 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sorry ? I gave a number of sold out tickets for the away end which holds 1,600 fans the family stand also holds 1,600 fans total away fans 3,200 . Now the cost of a adult ticket was £27.00. 3,200 x £27.00 = Is £86,400. I wrote around taking into account concessions. Please do explain what is fanciful figure ? I have already pointed out nether you or I know deductions for running costs. You then choose to ignore the fact the board see it as a money making. Trying to understand where you are coming from. Hope the bee in the bunnet did not sting you :lol:

Surely you can only count the family stand, after all that's what the thread's about, so that must half the money £43,200 per game and that's a gross figure, not taking into account the home support will inevitably be smaller, and deductions for VAT & concessions. 

There's no point in discussing this further, much like GLS, bazil85 has taken a position and is now trying to justify it so my last word on this is that better decisions tend to be made if you consider the different aspects before the decision is made.

8 minutes ago, Mykey said:

There's no point in discussing this further, much like GLS, bazil85 has taken a position and is now trying to justify it so my last word on this is that better decisions tend to be made if you consider the different aspects before the decision is made.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm accepting what GLS has said because the alternative is saying he is lying. I don't see any reason why he would lie over this. 

I'm not justifying anything, I'm accepting what GLS has said because the alternative is saying he is lying. I don't see any reason why he would lie over this. 
To justify the position he's taken, just like yourself.

8 minutes ago, Mykey said:
22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You don't understand the rules of the game - Baz thinks making the last post means he has won the argument. 

It's not really an argument though is it? I believe our chairman, others think he's lying. 

It's not really an argument though is it? I believe our chairman, others think he's lying. 
Oh gosh, your right, thank you for you insightful, well reasoned, and detailed argument. Please accept my apologies for not realising earlier how right you've been throughout, l must have been blinded by cynisism. Especially as you have clearly taken on board other people's views, I shall never darken your door again for I am not worthy of your consideration.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Comparing what we do for all other teams against what we do for Rangers and Celtic is a perfectly good comparison. Thinking he should compare to a decision taken by another individual/ board is pointless, him saying he wanted to keep West for St Mirren fans eludes to as much.  

ermmm surely you mean alludes to?

your local friendly pedant

1 hour ago, Mykey said:

Would that be just like you tried to justify your stance?   OR IS THAT DIFFFFFFERENT?  😋

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

ROTFLMAO

are the clubs "Ringers" running oot of steam?

IMG_1797.GIF

Ah always wondered what LPM looked like, ...........................A bit like Charles Laughton methinks................😍

36 minutes ago, Mykey said:
49 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We are nearly at Match point ..................... and it's advantage  .................       oh! who gives  ashit anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Mykey said:
54 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Oh gosh, your right, thank you for you insightful, well reasoned, and detailed argument. Please accept my apologies for not realising earlier how right you've been throughout, l must have been blinded by cynisism. Especially as you have clearly taken on board other people's views, I shall never darken your door again for I am not worthy of your consideration.

Taken on other views, said as much many times. People are absolutely within their right not to agree with the decision.

My points were always around the income it generates and that it doesn't appear to be causing significant fan numbers to stay away. GLS statement supports that... Unless someone thinks he's lying as I've said.