Chairman's Update

Sonny

Yep, I've made that mistake a few times, it's a word I just can't get in my head [emoji38]
The word might be stuck in a queue!

From an outside perspective, stop all that defensive shit, open your mind a bit, and the congestion might clear!

Clarity of thought is what I'm alluding to!

ps... Time for a new spellcheck!
[emoji12]

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

The word might be stuck in a queue!

From an outside perspective, stop all that defensive shit, open your mind a bit, and the congestion might clear!

Clarity of thought is what I'm alluding to!

ps... Time for a new spellcheck!
emoji12.png

Well that post made absolutely no sense. 

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
This thread reminds me of Abbot and Costello’s “Who’s on first”.

My all time favourite comedy sketch. Sheer genius.

You are showing your age - but I concur - they were fab !

On 5/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, bazil85 said:

Players wages are tax deductible on profits or we'd be paying tax twice on them so gross/ net isn't really a big factor here.

So based on all that you are saying he is lying? Why are you so afraid just to say 'GLS is lying and it isn't a 10% increase in wage budget like he clearly said' 

The 54k was an estimate on W6/7 vs two stands. I assume GLS is comparing one vs two, which I did first and thought was more practical Why people wanted to compare to an arrangement when he wasn't even the chairman I have no idea but I still showed my estimate. What we do with other teams vs what we do with OF is perfectly reasonable from a comparison perspective 

I never said if the £1.15 million was conservative or otherwise, why are you putting words in my mouth? I said it was based on the only figures/ numbers available to me. What has the Heaton transfer got to do with anything? It is in no way relevant to what he said. 

Last bit is a contradiction. You either accept GLS is telling the truth on 10% or you're claiming someone with full access to our income and outgoings, accountants and likely others able to give financial advice is a liar. 

This is a red herring. The 10%  isn't a comparison of any allocations of stands. It's a direct comparison of last years playing staff budget compared with this year's. The breakdown of the stands is irrelevant. It doesn't matter wther it's 2 stands 1 stand or 3 stands.

The comparison he mentions is playing budget year on year. 

Edited by slapsalmon

My guess is that when we play the ugly sisters we are looking at an extra 2k away fans on average (per game against them) compared with the average attendance from other premiership teams when we play them, and factor is that some home fans stay away, it is probably equivalent to having 1 extra home game a season and 1 extra first team player. If i was being picky it is more likely to be worth 5% on our budget rather than 10%. But what do I know?

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My guess is that when we play the ugly sisters we are looking at an extra 2k away fans on average (per game against them) compared with the average attendance from other premiership teams when we play them, and factor is that some home fans stay away, it is probably equivalent to having 1 extra home game a season and 1 extra first team player. If i was being picky it is more likely to be worth 5% on our budget rather than 10%. But what do I know?

Truth is - only those inside the club who are privy to the info know - the rest of us can only speculate.

The BOD are only human - a few mistakes this season (Stubbs and the trouble on the terracing, but turning around the Stubbs diddies and bringing in the current manager, squad and backroom staff has taken us up a level... hope they get the full reward by us staying up...  :bounce2

If as is looking likely we end up in the play offs and if as is possible we end up playing United. 

I think we should give United both the away stand and the family stand as I believe they could sell them both out and as we have already established through evidence and facts that increasing income is directly beneficial to the playing budget and that income maximisation is the only thing that we should be considering.  

I realise that this is a road to Damascus moment but having reread everything.... and I mean everything Bazil has posted I now see the error of my ways. 

15 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

If as is looking likely we end up in the play offs and if as is possible we end up playing United. 

I think we should give United both the away stand and the family stand as I believe they could sell them both out and as we have already established through evidence and facts that increasing income is directly beneficial to the playing budget and that income maximisation is the only thing that we should be considering.  

I realise that this is a road to Damascus moment but having reread everything.... and I mean everything Bazil has posted I now see the error of my ways. 

Except that our fans will vastly outnumber their support.

Nice try though.:)

16 hours ago, DumboBud said:

But we can accommodate all of our fans in the main and west so it makes perfect sense to give United both stands.

Or is it only Bigots we bend over for?

You are at the wind up here ? You honestly don't think we would sell more than 5000 tickets for a 2nd leg play off final. We have had more than that at the last 2 home league games. WTF would we deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition ????

17 hours ago, DumboBud said:

But we can accommodate all of our fans in the main and west so it makes perfect sense to give United both stands.

You're going to have long walk to get your dummy back.Character smiley 99

Edited by FTOF

17 hours ago, DumboBud said:

You are assuming United (as in Dundee) are going to be our opponents?  I still think ICT will be tough for Utd IF they beat Ayr.

Edited by nedflanders123

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You are at the wind up here ? You honestly don't think we would sell more than 5000 tickets for a 2nd leg play off final. We have had more than that at the last 2 home league games. WTF would we deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition ????

I think that has been my point all along, why deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition, but for some reason loads of boards apologists have been twisting and turning to justify it. 

If and it is only an if we are in the play offs and if it is against United. I believe the total crowd would be higher by giving them both stands. 

ST’s won’t be valid for this game so we wouldn’t be ‘moving’ anyone. Surely this is the type of scenario our board and their fans will be looking to be consistent in their outlook on. The fact the income goes to the league further adds to the argument that United having both ends would be good for Scottish football as a whole!

32 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

You are assuming United (as in Dundee) are going to be our opponents?  I still think ICT will be tough for Utd IF they beat Ayr.

If you had read the first post you will see that it was heavily qualified with ‘if’ we are in the playoffs and ‘if’ it was against United. 

I agree nothing has been decided and there will be some twists and turns. 

Season Tickets will not be valid. 
Admission Prices will probably be around twenty pounds. 
We might win or lose first leg by 4 or 5 goals. 
Second leg could be irrelevant. 
Match will be live on the Telly. 
Given the 3 day turn around tickets will be sold long before the second leg. There will be more than 5k home fans, FACT.

I think that has been my point all along, why deprive our supporters in favour of the opposition, but for some reason loads of boards apologists have been twisting and turning to justify it. 
If and it is only an if we are in the play offs and if it is against United. I believe the total crowd would be higher by giving them both stands. 
ST’s won’t be valid for this game so we wouldn’t be ‘moving’ anyone. Surely this is the type of scenario our board and their fans will be looking to be consistent in their outlook on. The fact the income goes to the league further adds to the argument that United having both ends would be good for Scottish football as a whole!
I am a big critic of the two stands to the OF crap but your are talking pish here. The two "big" stands hold approx 5000, that will not be enough for home fans based on recent home crowds so again why would we deprive home fans in favour of away. I hate the two stands to the cheeks nonsense but I accept it isn't depriving home fans of a ticket. Your plan imo in a play off final 2nd leg would.

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
4 hours ago, DumboBud said:

I am a big critic of the two stands to the OF crap but your are talking pish here. The two "big" stands hold approx 5000, that will not be enough for home fans based on recent home crowds so again why would we deprive home fans in favour of away. I hate the two stands to the cheeks nonsense but I accept it isn't depriving home fans of a ticket. Your plan imo in a play off final 2nd leg would.

This isn’t my plan, this is Basils after the board announce it!