Chairman's Update

Sonny

On 5/3/2019 at 4:23 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Who on here has said our chairman is a liar?

My apologies, i don't recall reading anyone actually say that.

Anyone that doesn’t accept the chairman’s comments is I’m afraid.

Doubt many will have the bottle to actually say it but questioning a black and white statement is as good as. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:28 AM, slapsalmon said:

This is a red herring. The 10%  isn't a comparison of any allocations of stands. It's a direct comparison of last years playing staff budget compared with this year's. The breakdown of the stands is irrelevant. It doesn't matter wther it's 2 stands 1 stand or 3 stands.

The comparison he mentions is playing budget year on year. 

He also mentioned the arrangement allowed for a 10% higher budget, clear as day comment IMO. I take that to mean what he says and not as a ‘red herring’ 

Others choose not to, that’s their right but after all GLS has done and the fact he doesn’t personally profit one penny, I trust him. Some see that as a bad thing for whatever reason. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My guess is that when we play the ugly sisters we are looking at an extra 2k away fans on average (per game against them) compared with the average attendance from other premiership teams when we play them, and factor is that some home fans stay away, it is probably equivalent to having 1 extra home game a season and 1 extra first team player. If i was being picky it is more likely to be worth 5% on our budget rather than 10%. But what do I know?

Considerably less than the person with full access to our ticket sales, income, wage structure and player budget id say. 

• 1 month later...

If OK is struggling with being apart from his wife and young family I get that. However it has been a month since last game and decisions have to be made and quick. He should put his family first as they will always be there for him football is a harsh career and only as good as your last game. 

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Very decent update. Minor thing perhaps but I'm pleased that facilities for recycling will be in the vomiteries. Might be affected by the rails to be added but appreciate the opportunity (I hope) to see these before the end of the season. Back to football. COYS

Very good update as usual. Coupled with the update from the Kibble, so much to look forward to and be positive about. IMO ticks a lot of boxes that some fans have been concerned about

Yes some things are future state and would have to be taken on good faith but not generally a problem for most IMO. 

- New income streams explored 

- Increase and continued charitable work

- Environmental measures

- Improving energy efficiency at stadium & training ground

- Ongoing security in sponsorship & a kit deal that's been largely successful 

- Strong financial position to deal with exceptional circumstances

It's an exciting time off the pitch, let's hope we keep up the progress on it. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Very good update as usual. Coupled with the update from the Kibble, so much to look forward to and be positive about. IMO ticks a lot of boxes that some fans have been concerned about

Yes some things are future state and would have to be taken on good faith but not generally a problem for most IMO. 

- New income streams explored 

- Increase and continued charitable work

- Environmental measures

- Improving energy efficiency at stadium & training ground

- Ongoing security in sponsorship & a kit deal that's been largely successful 

- Strong financial position to deal with exceptional circumstances

It's an exciting time off the pitch, let's hope we keep up the progress on it. 

Relegation