How is every one feeling

Born in Bellshill, Murray broke into the St Mirren side under Tony Fitzpatrick towards the end of the 1996–97 season. The following season, he soon became an established member of the side. At the end of that season, Saints were flirting with relegation to Scottish Second Division (which would have been a financial disaster for the club). The team travelled to face fellow struggler's Stirling Albion and Murray netted a goal in the top corner to win the match.

Time for heroes

We have been here before

COYS

MESSAGE TO THE PLAYERS,  Its now time for 11 hero`s not one, so don`t be looking for your teammate to get the job done, its time for you to stand up and be counted, if you don't have the stomach for the fight just do everyone a favour and stay in the dressing room, new players new team or not, defeat is not a option in this game or next week either for that matter, its time to kick this shit into the history books, IT STOPS NOW, don't be leaving anything out there on the park, the manager and club have stood by you`s and my god SO HAVE THE FANS , its now payback time, SO GET YOUR ARSE`S OUT THERE and bring those 3pts back to paisley, anything less is unacceptable

48 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Last week I was pretty flat in the lead up to the match. This week I'm pretty excited and convinced tomorrow is the day we turn round our fortunes and save our club from the depths of league 1.

Yup agree. I really hoped for a result last week but new team new faces but same defence scuppered that.

I EXPECT to win tomorrow, I will still support if we lose however................ its microscope, bottle , concentration, desire, plus the fact we have better players, and are playing a part time team with about 500 fan base, but, are hardened and ready ...............

We cant forget this is massive game for them to. With Ayr at Hibs, they beat us they go 7 points clear of Ayr if they lose .... 14 clear of us. Game Over

So it really is nervy...... I like rugby to, but I could not give a rats arrrrse how Scotland do tom, they could lose 100-0 if we win 1-0............ so much for being a patriot :whistle 

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

MESSAGE TO THE PLAYERS,  Its now time for 11 hero`s not one, so don`t be looking for your teammate to get the job done, its time for you to stand up and be counted, if you don't have the stomach for the fight just do everyone a favour and stay in the dressing room, new players new team or not, defeat is not a option in this game or next week either for that matter, its time to kick this shit into the history books, IT STOPS NOW, don't be leaving anything out there on the park, the manager and club have stood by you`s and my god SO HAVE THE FANS , its now payback time, SO GET YOUR ARSE`S OUT THERE and bring those 3pts back to paisley, anything less is unacceptable

We need the 11 on the park, those in the dug out and the Saints Support in the stand to be up for it for the whole 90 minutes.

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

the manager and club have stood by you`s and my god SO HAVE THE FANS ,

What a pile of tosh given that ross has brought in 9 or 10 players in total now and pretty much all the garbage has been thrown out. So explain why the above is the case of the new players no one has had the chance to stand by them. And given out position what gives you the right to say anything other than a win is acceptable. Im guessing you know exactly how many league games we have won this season. I believe we will win tomorrow but this statement really is utter tosh

5 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

the manager and club have stood by you`s and my god SO HAVE THE FANS ,

What a pile of tosh given that ross has brought in 9 or 10 players in total now and pretty much all the garbage has been thrown out. So explain why the above is the case of the new players no one has had the chance to stand by them. And given out position what gives you the right to say anything other than a win is acceptable. Im guessing you know exactly how many league games we have won this season. I believe we will win tomorrow but this statement really is utter tosh

Having a nice Friday are we? :blink:

It may be much harder than you think to get out of this mess. People think 3 points tomorrow will be a great thing and certainly it will be a start but do you realise if St Mirren were to draw every game remaining they would be down !!  If they win a third of games remaining they will still be down !! People are only seeing the 7 points gap but Ayr will be gaining a few more points still. Usually around 26 points takes you down each year. At the moment we have ELEVEN. But for me the worst thing is that soon we don't have hardly any league games for a while with cancellations and New Saints and other cup games. So Ayr can really open up a big gap. Then we will have maybe too many games too close. I honestly believe that the owners would be happy with us in Div One. Think about it. We will have half a million in the bank. Still have the subscription money and have a slashed wage bill as we most likely will be part time. And the "faithful" 2500 will still turn up. It's only a suggestion but it actually makes more sense economically to go down. We need to face facts.

4 minutes ago, Sandy said:

It may be much harder than you think to get out of this mess. People think 3 points tomorrow will be a great thing and certainly it will be a start but do you realise if St Mirren were to draw every game remaining they would be down !!  If they win a third of games remaining they will still be down !! People are only seeing the 7 points gap but Ayr will be gaining a few more points still. Usually around 26 points takes you down each year. At the moment we have ELEVEN. But for me the worst thing is that soon we don't have hardly any league games for a while with cancellations and New Saints and other cup games. So Ayr can really open up a big gap. Then we will have maybe too many games too close. I honestly believe that the owners would be happy with us in Div One. Think about it. We will have half a million in the bank. Still have the subscription money and have a slashed wage bill as we most likely will be part time. And the "faithful" 2500 will still turn up. It's only a suggestion but it actually makes more sense economically to go down. We need to face facts.

First post and into the sin bin, that'll be some record. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Sandy said:

No, we must stay up and aim for promotion to the Premiership next season.

Going down could mean this time next year us heading for League 2.

And the Lowland League is not far away after that.

52 minutes ago, supras said:

No, we must stay up and aim for promotion to the Premiership next season.

Going down could mean this time next year us heading for League 2.

And the Lowland League is not far away after that.

Yes that would be the ideal way but the only way we can stay up now is to catch Ayr (we cannot now catch any of the other teams) and then win the play off which in my opinion would be against Alloa. And you know what will happen in that game !! ..............I stick by my calculations and it's a proven theory that 26 points takes you down automatically. Dumbarton are only ONE win or a couple of draws from that so Ayr is the ONLY option. You say aim for the Premiership next season ??? There is NO chance of that happening whatsoever. I have supported this club since the early 60's when we had some fantastic players ....Kane, Adamson and Pinkerton etc and any of those at a sniff would score. Now I am seeing St Mirren (sorry to say) as an average !st Division club part time. It's hard to accept but sometimes in life you need a reality check.