Saints v dundee Utd

Stockholmbud

The atmosphere at Love Street was always better when the opposition fans were alongside us in the North Bank. 

The Cowshed at Cappielow was fantastic and always bouncing when us and them were only separated by a Fence. 

The atmosphere was poor on Saturday because we were shite. 

21 minutes ago, shull said:

The atmosphere at Love Street was always better when the opposition fans were alongside us in the North Bank. 

The Cowshed at Cappielow was fantastic and always bouncing when us and them were only separated by a Fence. 

The atmosphere was poor on Saturday because we were shite. 

Tragic but true...

Happily take a draw....................

The guys will finally be recharged, obvious they were tired as Pars game wore on...

Pitch crap against Raith....................

Regardless, please no one say this is a must win........................ its a must not lose, get a point we are within touching distance of 9th...................

Saints 1 Utd 1

Crowd 19,345

Article in the Scotsman states that St Mirren now need a miracle to avoid the drop into the third tier of Scottish football.

Whilst I think they are over-stating the gravity of our situation, it cannot be denied that we are now running out of time (and points) to retrieve the situation.

What was encouraging on Saturday was the attendance at the Paisley 2021 Stadium and the backing of the fans for the team. Although the team's performance was not up to the standard achieved against Hibs, it was still light years ahead of what we witnessed in the previous couple of years.

Based on our current level of performances we should still overhaul Ayr United and at least finish 9th.

Confidence is a major factor in producing a winning formula so it is important that the players keep their nerve and continue to perform to the maximum of their capability.

Reading into Jack Ross' post match interview we could maybe hope that the team which lined up against Hibs will get the chance to repeat that performance against Dundee United. Stelios and Morgan combined well on the left and Kyle Magennis is the best option on the right freeing up Cammy Smith to add more threat through the middle.

36 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Article in the Scotsman states that St Mirren now need a miracle to avoid the drop into the third tier of Scottish football.

Whilst I think they are over-stating the gravity of our situation, it cannot be denied that we are now running out of time (and points) to retrieve the situation.

What was encouraging on Saturday was the attendance at the Paisley 2021 Stadium and the backing of the fans for the team. Although the team's performance was not up to the standard achieved against Hibs, it was still light years ahead of what we witnessed in the previous couple of years.

Based on our current level of performances we should still overhaul Ayr United and at least finish 9th.

Confidence is a major factor in producing a winning formula so it is important that the players keep their nerve and continue to perform to the maximum of their capability.

Reading into Jack Ross' post match interview we could maybe hope that the team which lined up against Hibs will get the chance to repeat that performance against Dundee United. Stelios and Morgan combined well on the left and Kyle Magennis is the best option on the right freeing up Cammy Smith to add more threat through the middle.

The last week has harmed the possibility of us finishing any higher than 9th but providing we beat Ayr Utd at our place on April 1st I fail to see why anyone would think it unlikely we'd get 1 more point than them over the other 8 games remaining. 

They have arguably a slightly better run-in than us but not much in it and they are losing goals all over the place, whereas we are looking solid for a change.

Saints Last 9 games

Home
Dundee Utd
Ayr Utd
Dumbarton
Raith Rovers

Away
QoS
Morton
Falkirk
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Ayr Utd Last 9 games

Home
Dumbarton
QoS
Dundee Utd
Hibs

Away
Dunfermline
Dundee Utd
St.Mirren
Morton
Raith Rovers

Current Form

Last six games is generally accepted as being a decent guide of form.

Saints have Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 2 in our last six league games scoring 7 and conceding 6
Ayr have Won 1 Drawn 2 and Lost 3 in their last six league games scoring 6 and conceding 13

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Leicester was a miracle, 5000 loaves of bread was another one. Overhauling a Part time team with 27 points to play is achievable....

Oh how the Press love to try and sell paper. Andrex is a better read than most Scottish papers

Just looking at the fixtures from now till last game and Dumbarton have a tough list and Raith even if they both win 1 n draw which looks reasonable then we could still jump them both but we need to not lose anymore games and only have 3 draws which I think could be achievable 

13 minutes ago, spoogy1 said:

Just looking at the fixtures from now till last game and Dumbarton have a tough list and Raith even if they both win 1 n draw which looks reasonable then we could still jump them both but we need to not lose anymore games and only have 3 draws which I think could be achievable 

You think we can win 6 and draw 3 of our last 9 games? :blink:

Good luck with that.

PS Just for clarification, not a chance in hell of us winning 6 and drawing 3.

William Hills agrees. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

It was good to read on another thread that Stephen McGinn had been suffering from a bug that affected his performances against Raith and Dunfermline because he wasn't his usual influential self in both games. The side desperately missed the drive and energy he had shown in the previous few games.

I think he will be back to his best on Wednesday and everyone in the side will be up for it.

United are having some major issues on and off the field and expect a very small travelling support of less than 400. I think there will be a crowd of about 3100.

We are capable of getting a win if we perform to our best but a draw wouldn't be a disaster. I appreciate we need wins but making ground on Ayr is important. We have to be within touching distance when they come to Paisley next month. That will be some game and I genuinely expect over 5000 for it.

I have a good feeling about Wednesday night.

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You think we can win 6 and draw 3 of our last 9 games? :blink:

Good luck with that.

PS Just for clarification, not a chance in hell of us winning 6 and drawing 3.

William Hills agrees. :lol:

By looking at the fixtures yes no one had us down for beating hibs we did no one had us down for going in 1-0 at parkhead but we did, so 6 wins n 3 draws are achievable in last nine games so the answer is yes I might be in fantasy land but for me we can win 6 and draw 3

10 hours ago, spoogy1 said:

By looking at the fixtures yes no one had us down for beating hibs we did no one had us down for going in 1-0 at parkhead but we did, so 6 wins n 3 draws are achievable in last nine games so the answer is yes I might be in fantasy land but for me we can win 6 and draw 3

Agreed, but, I hate to do this, what about Raith Rovers?

We can ping about reasons all day, let's wait and see.

Fantasy land.................no, more like Never Never Land. :rolleyes:

John Sutton is Saints centre forward. Need I say any more ? Quite honestly , regardless of our improved defence, we just don't pose a threat up front. That is the reason we will be relegated I`m afraid. United will beat us tomorrow, likely by one goal. I was there on Saturday but definitely not tomorrow. Asking fans to fork out £40 in a few days is tantamount to daylight robbery.

4 hours ago, Froggie said:

John Sutton is Saints centre forward. Need I say any more ? Quite honestly , regardless of our improved defence, we just don't pose a threat up front. That is the reason we will be relegated I`m afraid. United will beat us tomorrow, likely by one goal. I was there on Saturday but definitely not tomorrow. Asking fans to fork out £40 in a few days is tantamount to daylight robbery.

More like £250 for me and my boys when you add the cup final tickets bought this morning! However, I WILL still be there, shouting and singing until the last kick of the ball because that's what we do! It is not our club who arrange the fixture list so can have no say in how many home games are played consecutively in a short period of time, and although they do set the prices for the stadium, there are many barriers to them offering any reductions as season ticket holders would be in an uproar.

On the other hand did you not notice the "away" stand full of kids and dads/coaches, most of whom were admitted free by a club trying to ensure an atmosphere and get a future generation of supporters?

4 hours ago, Froggie said:

Far be it from me to point out the game on Wednesday is in the evening.  

The final can get to f**k.

The performance on Wednesday night can get to f**k.

The moaning and misery about some areas of this forum can get to f**k.

All that matters right now, is the points.  I'd take a snoozefest with 0 shots on goal, zero corners and an own goal from their keeper, thrown in to his own net in proper comedy style.

MON THE BUDDIES...! 

Have I missed something?

When did John Sutton, who has scored over 30 goals for us, become the latest target of the brain dead brigade?

Sutton and Loy are good strikers for this level, got to get the supply to them.