Saints v dundee Utd

Stockholmbud

Great result

Last 20 minutes were horrendous mind you.

Thought Mallan was outstanding, ran himself into the ground chasing everything down plus a moment of quality with the goal.

To give him his due, Irvine has turned his form around, would like to see him for the first goal again but his performances have improved 100% since he came back in at right back

Great result. The players showed tremendous desire tonight to see that out.

Mallan - dynamite.
Smith - total revelation since he arrived. We need to enjoy him while we have him as he oozes class.
Sutton - workrate phenomenal.
Eckersley - consistently good, great find.
McKenzie - dominant.

Not to forget Baird and Magennis - couldn't have been the easiest game to come into but thought both did well (Kyle was superb).

Nice to feel positive!

Disagree, I thought that was a fantastic team performance. There was not a passenger among them tonight.

McGinn really is a cut above. Man of the match in my book, didn't put a foot wrong and did all the grafting.

Points for improvement, Billy the fish needs to get his confidence back. Flapped at two crosses which didn't directly lead to the two goals but Utd kept pressure on and scored with next opportunity twice.

Comedy moment - Stelios getting man of the match on the big screen, presumably for his immaculate hairdo...

Worst bit - injury to Davis, but when the opportunity came Baird didn't put a foot wrong and linked well with McKenzie.

Best bits - 3 goals (fantastic Mallan free kick), another win, another win at home and the commitment all over the park...

Full backs deserve a special mention for being on top of their wingers and giving them no time on the ball at all.

The commitment shown tonight needs to be the standard for every game. If it is we'll get there, if it's not it's going to be a long road yet...

Great 3 points but what a nerve-wracking second half. Downside was Harry's injury - heard he will be out for the rest of the season which is a huge blow. And it was all because he overstretched trying to make amends for a poor pass in the middle of the park in a nowhere area with no danger. But the will to win was there from everyone in the team I just wish they hadn't sat so far back but the Great Escape is back on :)

PS Special mention to Irvine. I was not impressed with him at all under Rae but he is a different player when he has been playing at right back (but he should have scored tonight!).

Edited by Sonny

That was another great team performance. Nerve racking for most of second half but felt that came about as a result of the influential Davis going off and the uncertainty shown by O'Brien who seemed a bag of nerves tonight.

I really hope that injury to Davis isn't as bad as it looked. Doesn't look like he will play again this season. He has been a massive part of our recent turn in fortunes.

The prospect of staying up looks a lot more promising tonight but still plenty of work to be done.

52 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Suuuuperb!! Was absolutely bricking it last 10. Well done to Jack and the lads.

The last ten minutes? I hardly breathed for most of the second half. Great effort but boy do we like to do it the hard way. Crowd helped pull them through in the end. McGinn? missing from six yards had my heart in my mouth and I thought, "Here we go again", but I suppose this is a different Saint Mirren we're witnessing. Davis likely to be out for the rest of the season is a hammer blow. I thought Baird did OK but my worry is McKenzie being injury prone. Still, maybe it's time for Fjelde to shine. I would imagine he'd be ahead of Webster.

Watch yer back Ayr. We're RIGHT behind you now!

Well that was exciting . Thought the spirit tonight was superb . Probably not the best the new Saints gave played , but defended really well at times , especially towards the end . 

Feel really sorry for big Harry . Has been great since he come in . Hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

Not even more roadworks on the m8 on the way home could wipe the smile off my face . 

On to Dumfries .

Superb effort from all tonight. What a difference when we give 90 minutes of hard graft. Players are really up for this. Forget the playoffs, we need to aim as high as possible. More of the same on Saturday to put real pressure on the teams above COYS !

Not a nice sight seeing a player stretchered off. Didn't really see what happened. I was following play and looked back and saw him lying there. Dislocated knee doesn't sounds pretty bad though.[emoji53]
Hmm, unfortunate alright
A Dislocated knee could end his season. If it is indeed such an injury and it's anything like significant then that's a big blow for the guy and a blow to the team. His attitude and energy has been a great lift for the collective effort over the last few weeks.

Delighted with the score and the team spirit. They fought for everything.

I thought Loy was very good as was McKenzie.

I have been very negative about Gary Irvine in the past, however feel he has been good in the last couple of games.

I like Eckersley but feel he is prone to lapses in concentration and gives the ball away a bit too easily.

I really liked the third goal. Not only because it was the winner but I liked how it was created. Cammy Smith fought really hard to get his cross in and really should have been slotted by one of our two strikers but the bit that I really enjoyed was that Morgan was following it up. So often we've seen balls into one (sometimes none) player who can't connect and there was noone following it in but tonight it could have been any one of the three players in the box that scored.

Delighted with the score but it makes me really disappointed about last week's result. However great to see the team bounce back.

On to Saturday.!! COYS!!! KTF!!!

What a fantastic exciting game of football. Nearly hoarse shouting the team over the line. Big well done to the fans they were the extra man tonight and got the team over the line.

However the biggest well done goes to Jack Ross and his match management, great subs at important times in the second half. What a complete transformation in the team since January. I see TC is in denial and has branded Hibs and Dundee Utd as poor. 

Well done Saints what a fantastic match loved it. :clapping

There is real bond building between players/management and the fans ....... you could feel it tonight and the superb backing from the fans helped get the team over the line tonight. Pre January we would have thrown that game away.

Onto Dumfries on Saturday ........ let's get there if you can and cheer this team on. #Believe !!

Well played today. Thought Ross got his starting 11 and his subs spot on. Great determination to hang in there as well when they were running on fumes for the last 20 mins. Special mention to the two fullbacks who were excellent. 

Going to take some effort against Qos on Saturday now. Some of the team looked dead on their feet. Think we will see some changes. Magennis, Stelios and possibly Fjelde and Storie to start.