Saints v dundee Utd

Stockholmbud

I had to google it to see if the offside from a goal kick rule was correct, I never realised that before. Pretty sure players are called offside from goal kicks fairly regularly.
Sutton seems to get manhandled every game when going for high balls and very rarely gets any fouls, I think he's pissed off the referees over his career.. or maybe he's getting the flack from his brothers comments about referees.

It's always been the same for us. I remember Higdon getting nothing while playing in black and white stripes and getting fouls given against him but then coming back with Motherwell and the decisions going his way.

I think we are gonnae outdo The Sevco FC 2012.
They wildly celebrated a draw on Sunday. 
We are gonnae have an Open Top Bus for finishing fecking EIGHTH. 
Yippee  :clapping

Nup not for me. If we do get out this mess there will be no celebration. There will be a huge sigh of relief but no celebrations.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You know we just beat Utd, we take 10 points from last 5 games, which is the best form in the league, we get to a cup final, we perform well against Celtic .

Your entitled to your opinion but your so neg it unbelievable. Try filling your glass!!

FFS don't say that when Kendo's about:shockaroony

13 hours ago, Froggie said:

Refuse to take back anything about Sutton though, he was woeful again.

Froggie... he has regressed from being ineffective to woeful. What exactly is it about his game that you detest so much.

He created the first goal with a brilliant flicked header.

He was unlucky not to score our third but the rebound led to Morgans goal. Did you see Suttons reaction? Sheer elation for the team and his teammate... no thought of self.

He was running on empty for the last 20 minutes but still chased and harried everything. At the start of the season he was the only player willing to chase and close down every ball... the addition of McGinn doing the same has led to the likes of Morgan, Mallan, Magennis et al learning from their example.

I have never seen Stevie Mallan work so hard in a game... he was immense at the end and I firmly believe the example of Sutton has been a part of that.

At every defensive set piece he did exactly what was asked of him.

I really do not know what more he could have done and think that although overall it was not his finest game for Saints, he played his part in a winning TEAM! We win or lose as a team and if his play helps the defence and allows the midfielders and defenders to score then I do not care if he never scores again for us.

What more would he have to do to please you? Serious question.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Froggie... he has regressed from being ineffective to woeful. What exactly is it about his game that you detest so much.

He was unlucky not to score our third but the rebound led to Morgans goal. Did you see Suttons reaction? Sheer elation for the team and his teammate... no thought of self.

He was running on empty for the last 20 minutes but still chased and harried everything. At the start of the season he was the only player willing to chase and close down every ball... the addition of McGinn doing the same has led to the likes of Morgan, Mallan, Magennis et al learning from their example.

I have never seen Stevie Mallan work so hard in a game... he was immense at the end and I firmly believe the example of Sutton has been a part of that.

I really do not know what more he could have done and think that although overall it was not his finest game for Saints, he played his part in a winning TEAM! We win or lose as a team and if his play helps the defence and allows the midfielders and defenders to score then I do not care if he never scores again for us.

Think we need to persevere with Loy and Sutton as a partnership. Whilst Loy didn't score he was involved in all 3 goals. First one he was fouled and then won the header at back post, second one he was fouled and Mallan scored from the free kick, the third it was his shot that was either mishit or blocked and ran to Morgan. Feel that Loy offers the best chance of goals from open play and has the poachers and strikers instinct of being in the right place at the right time as a natural goalscorer and regular game time will help him and benefit the team.

Sutton has 8 goals against teams in our league and one against Dundee plus another 3. That's a pretty reasonable return. Why would we not play our top scorer? In any case we don't have another player of his height and strength to play up front.

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Its nothing personal against Sutton. I know he tries his hardest and its not his fault he keeps getting picked, but he is a centre forward who rarely scores any goals. You seem to use a motoring analogy "running on empty" which I presume means exhausted. If so, he isn't fit enough for a start and is very slow, never wins a race against another player etc. I will admit to having never rated this player and groaning when he was signed again this season. If he is one of your favourites, that's your own choice but can I remind you we are bottom of the league and our centre rarely scores. Its not all his fault of course but I believe he shouldn't be in the team. That is my explanation. Score some goals.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I'm not sure why anyone would even bother with the opinion of a poster who thinks it's "hilarious " to post as an animal.

Even an animals opinion is superior to an acronym, the meaning of which is precisely what ? Neither do I profess to be "hilarious". Most of my posts are serious. And accurate. 

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Even an animals opinion is superior to an acronym, the meaning of which is precisely what ? Neither do I profess to be "hilarious". Most of my posts are serious. And accurate. 

Well apart from the fact that u said we would lose to United, Sutton is rubbish, so on

With most of this season being a strain on all of us, when we start to turn around is pretty spectacular fashion ur negative posts are some what  annoying, they are mistimed....

And yes of course your entitled to ur opinions, but do us a favour, if neg pish------- Keep them to yourself.....

Its nothing personal against Sutton. I know he tries his hardest and its not his fault he keeps getting picked, but he is a centre forward who rarely scores any goals. You seem to use a motoring analogy "running on empty" which I presume means exhausted. If so, he isn't fit enough for a start and is very slow, never wins a race against another player etc. I will admit to having never rated this player and groaning when he was signed again this season. If he is one of your favourites, that's your own choice but can I remind you we are bottom of the league and our centre rarely scores. Its not all his fault of course but I believe he shouldn't be in the team. That is my explanation. Score some goals.

A centre forward who rarely scores?

He currently has 12 this season. Well on his way to 15 which he averaged in his previous spell with us.
His strike rate over his 2 spells is a goal every 2.7 games. Pretty good in St Mirren terms!
And a better goals to game ratio than the great seemingly God like Thommo who was a goal every 3.3 games.
And that's not a dig at Thommo. Just putting sutts contribution into perspective.