Free Football On TV

southsidebud

Quite a few games on free to view TV over the next week or so...

Saturday 11 Feb

12:15 - Celtic v Inverness CT - Scottish Cup 5th Round - BBC One Scotland

Tuesday 14 Feb

19:45 - PSG v Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Round of 16 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Thursday 16 Feb

19:45 - Borussia Monchengladbach v Fiorentina - UEFA Europa League Round of 32 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

20:05 - Villarreal v Roma - UEFA Europa League Round of 32 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Saturday 18 Feb

17:15 -Queen of the South v Dundee United - Scottish Challenge Cup Semi-Final - BBC ALBA [to see who plays us in the final]

Sunday 19 Feb

14:00 - Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup 5th Round - BBC One 

AND FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T MAKE IT IN PERSON - THE MAIN EVENT...

16:10 - The Cup Winners v The New Saints - Scottish Challenge Cup Semi-Final - BBC ALBA

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Saturday 11 Feb

Tuesday 14 Feb

19:45 - PSG v Barcelona - UEFA Champions League Round of 16 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Thursday 16 Feb

19:45 - Borussia Monchengladbach v Fiorentina - UEFA Europa League Round of 32 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

20:05 - Villarreal v Roma - UEFA Europa League Round of 32 - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Saturday 18 Feb

17:15 -Queen of the South v Dundee United - Scottish Challenge Cup Semi-Final - BBC ALBA [to see who plays us in the final]

Sunday 19 Feb

16:10 - The Cup Winners v The New Saints - Scottish Challenge Cup Semi-Final - BBC ALBA

I'm glad the Challenge Cup game is on ALBA. I'm away for my birthday that day and hoping to catch on TV at hotel.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, southsidebud said:

Saturday 11 Feb

Tuesday 14 Feb

Thursday 16 Feb

Saturday 18 Feb

Sunday 19 Feb

Bump.

Told my dad about the mid week games today, fair cheered him up. :clapping

Watched it in the local pub - was a bit of a shock. Like others have said PSG outmuscled and overpowered Barcelona completely

Great to watch!

Coincidently some French visitors appeared in the pub with about 20 mins to go - and after some surprised initial reactions they were cheering and chanting away - so a bit of local colour was added to the proceedings :D

2 minutes ago, scabbydug37 said:

It is galling when pundits on TV say Barca were having an 'off day', when, in reality, PSG didn't let them play their type of game. We had a similar situation in 2013 when Celtic had an 'off day' against Saints in the semi-final that year, when, in fact, Saints outplayed them at their own game

Aye, lazy and easy option for these pundits.

It'll be interesting to see how the return leg goes. :rolleyes:

There is free football of a sort (i.e. Football show as opposed to live football) on the BT Sport Showcase channel every Saturday. They are basically making their Saturday afternoon Goals show free to view (Sky Sports News used to do the same thing a few years back).

Obviously this one will have an English bias but it is slightly more slick than the STV Glasgow effort with Peter and Roughie.

If not at the game I usually listen to Open All Mics or St Mirren Radio while pottering about but sometimes its handy for when lying about on the couch with a hangover :D

Edited by southsidebud

• 1 month later...

No free senior football on next week, but three decent games coming up the following week...

Tuesday 11 April

19:45 - Borussia Dortmund v Monaco - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Thursday 13 April

20:05 - Ajax v Schalke 04 - UEFA Europa League Quarter Final 1st Leg - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Saturday 15 April

17:15 - Ayr v Dundee United - Scottish Championship - BBC ALBA [We could be chilling out with beers watching this - already 8 points off the bottom :D]

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, southsidebud said:

No free senior football on next week, but three decent games coming up the following week...

Tuesday 11 April

19:45 - Borussia Dortmund v Monaco - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Thursday 13 April

20:05 - Ajax v Schalke 04 - UEFA Europa League Quarter Final 1st Leg - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - Ch.59)

Saturday 15 April

17:15 - Ayr v Dundee United - Scottish Championship - BBC ALBA [We could be chilling out with beers watching this - already 8 points off the bottom :D]

Cheers again, I'll let my Dad know. :thumbs2

On 2 April 2017 at 7:10 PM, southsidebud said:

Tuesday 11 April

19:45 - Borussia Dortmund v Monaco - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg - BT Sport Showcase (Freeview - 

I would imagine Saints will also be beamed live on this evening.

by periscope?

:)

hard to choose...

I would imagine Saints will also be beamed live on this evening.
by periscope?

[emoji4]
hard to choose...

Good shout. I had forgotten about Div TV.

That will be my preferred option on the Tuesday night.

Hopefully it will be a karma 'full circle' moment as the first time i used periscope was to witness the disgrace of our last visit there.

• 4 weeks later...